- Text Size +
“Back to Round 1.” Ziva sighed.

“Square 1.” Abby corrected. “You really keep Tony on his toes, don’t you?”

“I would not if Americans did not have sayings for EVERYTHING.” Ziva explained, frustrated.

“We ARE fond of our sayings.” Abby agreed.

Ziva sighed again. “At any rate, Abby, Gibbs is not going to like this.”

“What won’t I like, Ziva?” Gibbs asked entering the lab.

Ziva sighed. “We suspect fabricated evidence.”

“The dead body in autopsy and the bullet in Tony’s chest are real enough.” Gibbs stated. He wanted this wrapped up. He needed desperately to get to the hospital.

Both Ziva and Abby sighed.

Abby started. “The brass and the bullets match up, for type.” Abby paused.

“Okay.” Gibbs said, knowing she wanted to continue.

“Ziva reminded me of something. I was so worried about Tony. I overlooked it.” Abby punched a few buttons on her computer keyboard. “What is hinky is that these casings are from bullets not recently fired.”

Gibbs stood mute. He was confused.

“These casings have been out in the weather for a little while. I can’t give you an exact amount of time. But I would guess a week.” Abby concluded.

“So they guy policed his brass and planted old brass, from the same type of gun.” Gibbs surmised.

“He framed someone else.” Ziva spoke up. “He did not know about this test, no?”

“There is nothing pointing to another person, unless you have more evidence I have not tested.” Abby stated.

Both Gibbs and Ziva shook their heads.

“Ziva, you and I are going back to the scene. Tim is going to continue going over the cold cases.” Gibbs turned to Abby. “You have a few hours to spare before we come back. Go see Tony.” He paused. “Take Ducky with you. He has finished up in autopsy.”

Gibbs turned leave and Ziva started to follow.

“Ziva!” Abby called, Ziva stopped and turned and Gibbs continued out of the lab. “Did it look to you like the bossman has been crying?” Abby asked, concerned.

All Ziva could do was nod before Gibbs called her name. She rushed to catch up with him. Abby sighed, closed down the lab and locked the doors. She then headed to autopsy.

Abby stepped into autopsy moments later. “Duckman, you and me are taking a little road trip.”


TBC