- Text Size +
Tony’s breath was coming in short audible gasps. His eyes flew open and were filled with fear as he began to choke again.

Gibbs and Ducky again moved Tony onto his side. He began to breathe again, almost immediately. Palmer continued to apply pressure.

“Ziva, come and sit with Anthony, my dear.” Ducky said, looking up at her.

Ziva nodded, sat down in front of Tony with Tony lying on his side beside her, facing her. Unsure what she could do to help him she moved her hand to his head, running her fingers through his hair.

“Good work, my dear, the dear boy is not breathing nearly as hard.” Ducky said, encouraging Ziva. She too had noticed the change. She was glad she had actually done something to help.

Ziva had not notice Tony had opened his eyes until he spoke.

“Ziva.” Tony said, reaching the short distance for her hand and grasping it. “I’m glad….”

Ziva shook her head. Tears began to stream down her face when she realized what he was about to say. She moved her hand to stroke his cheek. “You will survive this Anthony DiNozzo. I will not lose my partner and my friend today. Do you understand?” Ziva said firmly despite the still flowing tears.

Tony nodded. He was growing weaker by the second and the ambulance had still not arrived.

McGee, who had been on the phone the entire time with dispatch, returned with news. “There’s been a massive pile up on the main road here. They have had to detour around and now will be here in two minutes.”

Gibbs and Ducky nodded. Ducky looked down at his patient, hoping he would make it till the ambulance arrived.

The ambulance did arrive within the two minute time limit. They loaded Tony quickly and were back on the road in about 4 minutes. Thanks to Palmer, Tony’s blood loss was minimal, but there was no way they could no the extent of the internal damage until Tony went into surgery.

TBC