- Text Size +
“While you and Gibbs were gone looking for the shooter…” Tim confessed to Ziva. “…Tony tried to say goodbye to me. I would not let him.”

“Shooter, oh god! Shooter! Tony was shot. Where was he shot? Who shot him?” Abby asked. Then she paused. “Oh god!”

Ziva’s Mossad training calmness returned. “In the chest, and we do not know.” Ziva said. “We must get upstairs, Abby.” She gave Abby a big hug and stepped back. “What we have to do now is find out who shot him and why.”

“You’re right.” Abby nodded, wiping away tears she didn’t know she had cried. “I have work to do. You two get out of here! Find out who hurt Tony!”

Ziva and Tim both nodded and turned to leave.

“Tim, what did Gibbs want you to tell me?” Abby asked, almost forgetting Tim’s comment on the phone.

Tim nodded having forgotten about the message. “As soon as you finish with the evidence, go stay with Tony.”

Abby nodded, but the statement only made her cry. She knew Gibbs wouldn’t order her by stay by Tony’s side unless he was really, really worried.

Once out in the hall Ziva turned to Tim. “While you were on the phone with the dispatcher…he tried to tell me goodbye. I too would not permit him to say it.”