- Text Size +
(Dream scene)

He then heard a familiar voice. It took him a moment to place it.

“Kate? Kate? I hear you, but I can’t see you.” Tony said. He had been walking for hours it seemed though the scenery was beautiful. He had found a park bench to sit on to rest.

The area was suddenly surrounded by a white mist, blocking out the beautiful green scenery of the park. A woman in a white dress immerged from the mist and took a seat beside Tony on the bench. She slipped her hand into his and smiled at him.

“Kate!” She seemed to appear from nowhere. Tony surprised himself, leaning over and kissing her cheek. He squeezed her hand also. “As beautiful as I remember.”

“That DiNozzo charm.”

“Aw, you missed me.” Tony flashed her his winning smile.

“I do miss you. I miss Abby, and Tim, and Ducky. God help me, sometimes I even miss Gibbs.”

Tony leaned back on the bench and sighed. “It’s beautiful here.”

“You can’t stay.”

“Then why am I here?” Tony asked. “Why are you here?”

“You needed to talk to me.” Kate explained.

“I did.” Tony said. Tears had begun to fall from his eyes. “I wanted to thank you.”

Kate turned to face him and brushed the tears from his eyes. “I….”

Tony shook his head. “I owe you my life. I would have given up if you had not been in there with me. You know me, Kate.” Tony paused, fresh tears on his cheeks. “You knew I would need a distraction. You risk your life to be that distraction. I didn’t understand…I don’t understand.”

Kate moved closer to Tony. She pulled him into her arms and he moved closer wrapping his arms around her. “I didn’t consider the personal risk.” She paused, resting her head on his shoulder and talking into his ear. “I just thought of the rest of my life. I just could not picture…I couldn’t image what it would have been like without you in it. Besides, you returned the favor. A few weeks later, when you came back to work too early.” Kate chided.

“You love me.” Tony said simply, like a child.

Kate sat back and looked at him. She then raised her hands to both sides of his face and wiped away his tears.

“I love you too, Kate.”

With that said Kate stood up and sort of disappeared as the mist appeared and enveloped her again.

Tony was alone again, sitting on a bench, enjoying the beautiful scenery.

TBC