- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I can't say too much. I'll spoil the surprise.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Tony gets a huge surprise, years later.
Olivia knew who he was as soon as she saw him. He was tall, had brown hair. She would bet he had deep green eyes. That was what her mom had always told her anyway. She had talked about his eyes most off all.

A handsome silver haired man with a cup of coffee in his hand approached her. "How may I help you?"

"Anthony…Anthony DiNozzo," Olivia stumbled over her words. "…I need to speak to him."

Gibbs led Olivia over to Tony's desk. That confirmed it. Up close she could see the sparkling green eyes. She had his nose and their mouths were shaped the same, and of course, the brown hair. She could tell, even sitting down that he was a tall man. When he stood up to greet her, she could see he was even taller than her. And she was 6 foot tall.

Tony extended his hand.

Olivia approached him. She held out her hand. But all the things, everything she had practiced since, well, since forever. Since she found out, for sure, that she was adopted, went out the window.

Tony smiled. "Tony, actually. Is there something I can help you with?"

Oh that smile. Olivia's mom had told her about that smile. She could see how someone could be charmed by it. How very disarming it could be.

Tony looked somewhat confused when the young lady in front of him didn't respond to his question. She was pretty; she looked to be very young, well, about 18 years old. But besides all that, there was something familiar about her. Something like family, it unnerved him a little. He repeated his question. "Is there something I can help you with?"

Olivia shook her head and kicked herself mentally at the same time for being such a big chicken. There she was standing right in front of him. Years, years she had waited for this day and she was blowing it, big time.

Tony stepped towards Olivia and suddenly she lost all her nerve. She shook her head.

"I'm sorry." Olivia said turning. "This was a bad idea."

"Hey, it's ok." Tony said, he opened his wallet and took out one of his business cards. "Here, take it. Sometimes these things are hard to talk about. You are free to call me, day or night." He studied her for just a second. "I mean that."

Olivia nodded, took the card without looking at it and pocketed it. She then nearly ran to the elevator.

Tony watched her leave, still really puzzled. By this time Tim, Ziva and Gibbs were watching as the scene played out in front of them.

Tony turned back to go around his desk before he realized that they were all staring at him.

"What was that all about?" McGee asked.

Tony just shrugged and shook his head.

"You know that girl?" Gibbs asked.

Tony shook his head. "Never seen her before."

"Seriously, Tony. Do you KNOW that girl?"

"Boss." Tony said. "While I do like them young, I draw the line at barely legal."

"I don't know." Ziva mused. "She was cute."

Tony shook his head again. "Must be a friend of a friend from Baltimore, or Peoria." Tony paused and looked at Gibbs. Tony sighed. "I swear, Boss. I don't know her in the biblical sense."

Tony sat down and looked up to see Tim, Ziva and Gibbs still staring at him. "She…I don't know who she is, I swear."

Tony's answer seemed to satisfy them. But Tony was, well, something was bothering him about the girl. Something was very familiar about her. He fell asleep that night, still unable to figure out what, exactly, it was.

TBC
Chapter End Notes:
I can't say too much. I'll spoil the surprise.