- Text Size +
Chapter 19

"Why didn't you tell me Junior?" Anthony DiNozzo Senior asked his son.

"Tell you what?" Tony stalled. He was trying to come up with something to say that would not launch them into an automatic argument.

Senior just looked at him.

"How did you find out?" Tony asked. He knew no matter what he said it there would be yelling his father looked ready to blow.

"Well, it sure as hell wasn't from you!" Senior retorted.

"You have a bastard grandchild! Is that what you want me to say?" Tony said, getting angry. "Is that what you want to hear? Do you want me to say I made another stupid mistake and embarrassed you by having a child out of wedlock?"

Senior stood and just looked at his son. "There's that." Senior said calmly, making Tony's outburst seem childish.

"And what? What the hell else is there?" Tony asked correctly reading the smug expression on his father's face.

"The mother…?" Senior asked.

"No pedigree…if THAT'S what you mean." Tony shook his head, trying to calm himself a little. He knew Senior would goad him into saying something he didn't mean if Senior got him angry enough.

Senior shook his head. He knew Tony would pick someone 'beneath' him.

"You're money didn't come with a pedigree. You got it being a dishonest business man…"

"I would be very careful what I say right now, Junior." Senior warned.

Tony pressed on. "…We both know mom had the pedigree. You took HER money and made a business….everybody knows that."

"I'm warning you, Junior! Being disrespectful…."

"You lay a hand on me and I'll break your arm." Tony said steaming. "I am not an 8 year old child you can intimidate." Tony paused, trying to control his anger. "I can't respect any man who would get drunk and beat his child. You're pathetic!"

Senior raised his arm and seconds later he was arm was twisted behind him and he was pressed, face first into the wall.

"Your one and ONLY warning." Tony hissed into his ear. "I catch you near my daughter and there will be hell to pay."

"She is my…."

"She is nothing to you!" Tony growled in his ear. "Leave her alone! You will NOT treat her the way you treated me!"

Tony stepped back and let go. Senior looked at him for a second and straightened his clothes before he headed out the door.

NCIS NCIS NCIS NCIS

Olivia was walking across the quad at OSU when she was approached by an elderly gentleman she had not seen before. She was set to walk past when he called her by name. She then turned and looked at him, careful to keep a distance between them.

"Do I know you?" Olivia asked, and indeed, there was something familiar about him.

"No, I am Anthony DiNozzo, Sr." Senior said putting out his hand.

Olivia suddenly remembered all the things Tony had said about his father, her grandfather, and she automatically took a step back.

Senior nodded, knowingly and withdrew the handshake. "My son has been talking about me, I see."

Olivia nodded. "He told me about his childhood." She conceded.

"Junior was a lost, angry little boy, when his mother died…." Senior started.

Olivia could feel the anger rising. "So you're telling me a child, a little boy deserved to be slapped around because his father couldn't handle him being a normal little boy. I have a little brother, Mr. DiNozzo. I know just how rowdy little boys can be. You're telling me, as a grown man, you couldn't handle that?"

"Listen, young lady, I didn't come here…." Senior started.

"You wouldn't even let him cry at his own mother's funeral because YOU couldn't handle it!" Olivia said. She was practically screaming now and she didn't care. "OMG, You're so pathetic! You need to go before I call the police!" Olivia threatened.

Senior stood looking around him for just a moment. There was a crowd now. "I'm your grandfather!" Senior stated, trying to sound authoritative.

"You're Tony's biological father!" Olivia stated. "I already had two sets of grandparents. I'm not in the market for any more!" Olivia threw back.

"You cannot talk to me that way, young lady."

"Respect needs to be earned, Mr. DiNozzo. Your son, my father, deserved better from you! How can I respect anyone who would treat their child that way?" Olivia challenged him again. "Get off this campus before I call the police!"

Olivia then continued on her way. She ignored the eyes that now followed her, those who had witnessed the spectacle.

TBC