- Text Size +
Chapter 38

Tony,

Still missin’ my TonyLove. Gibbs didn’t appreciate the crack about him being impatient. He WILL get you when you get back. He misses you, too, though he won’t say so. Ziva and Tim have found him just sitting and staring at your desk. He has your Mighty Mouse stapler, by the way. He keeps it on his desk.

It’s been a long two weeks, Tony. I know you and Olivia are having a great time just being together, and being in Italy. I love your emails and pictures. They have been great. I have printed off a lot of the pictures. I have them on my wall at work and at home. Gibbs asked me for some pictures. He keeps them at his desk. Tim and Ziva have pictures up at their desks too.

I miss you so much, and we still have two weeks to go. I’m not sure I’ll make it. But I know you need this time with Olivia. I know how much she means to you. And I have seen the huge change she has made in your life. You are such a great dad.

(Cyber Hugs and Kisses)
Love ya bunches,
Your little gothic sis


NCIS NCIS NCIS NCIS


Tony,

Abby set me up at her computer in the back office and left me here. She’s out running tests right now, as I type this. I really hate modern technology, as you know. But ‘snail mail’ will take too long, so I have been told. It’s been a long two weeks. I’ve head-slapped Tim and Ziva, a couple of times. But it’s just not the same. I think they miss you too. Ducky has even mentioned to me how much he missed his audience for all his story telling. I told him you could, what they call, cyber chat. He said it is just not the same. But he misses you. We all do.

I am so glad Olivia came into your life. As I said, if I had a second chance with Kelly I would take it without a second thought. And I would enjoy the HELL out of it. It’s hard to see you with her though, Tony. I really hate to tell you that, but it’s true. It makes me miss Kelly so much. It makes me wonder what could have been. And I know that’s not your fault. I know you would never mean to cause me pain. And you really haven’t, it’s just something I have to work through. Because as much as I love Olivia, and as grateful as I am to you for sharing her with me, it’s still hard.

I really hadn’t planned on telling you that. I was, in the beginning, so afraid you would cut me off. I didn’t know how you would handle it if I said no. And I did consider it, Tony. I would be lying if I said I didn’t. But, I am so, so glad I didn’t. That ‘Baby Girl’ of yours has brought a great deal of joy, fun and laughter into my life. Again, I thank you for sharing her with me. I will always miss Kelly. And every time I see a woman who resembles her, every time I see a women who is the age she would have been….

But…that’s my cross to bear, not yours.

If you don’t come back soon, we will be a two-man team again. I will have killed BOTH Tim and Ziva. They are driving me crazy.

Have a great time,

Your Boss, Your Friend

PapaBear (I actually do like that, it’s kinda cute, DON’T tell Abby I said that.)



NCIS NCIS NCIS NCIS


Tony,

I did not realize your value to this team before. I must admit. You are our release hinge, release plug. I am not sure which is correct. But you do know what I mean. It has been, interesting, around here since you left. McGee is doing a pretty good job as Senior Field Agent. Gibbs keeps telling him he is no ‘DiNozzo.’ Tim said he is not sure if that is a compliment or an insult. I told him with Gibbs it is very, very hard to tell. Tim misses you a great deal. He has taken some of your GSM magazines out of your desk drawer. He keeps them in his and looks at them on occasion. Gibbs and Tim are getting ‘around,’ ‘along’ better. Again, you know what I mean and which is correct. Gibbs has ended his threats of sending Tim to Cyberville, permanently. Can you believe that? Gibbs also threatened to send me back to Israel a couple of times. I do not think he was kidding.

Gibbs misses you a lot. He just sits and looks at your desk, sometimes. He has taken your Mighty Mouse stapler, just so you know. He keeps it on his desk. I have taken your letter opener. As you know, I have always admired it. And I will return it when you return from Italy. I guess I have missed you, a little, too.

Thank you for sharing your pictures from Italy. The places you are visiting are just beautiful. Abby has spent many hours in the lab just staring at your pictures. She misses you a lot. She talks about what you and Olivia must be doing in Italy all the time. She has your bottle of cologne. I came in one morning and she was at your desk. She had the bottle in her hand, smelling it. She said it reminded her so much of you and would you mind. I told her you would not. I hope that that is true.

I do not think I have ever thanked you. But I am so glad you made me a part of Olivia’s life. She is a wonderful woman. Having gotten to chance to see her grow and mature over these past few years has been an amazing experience. I see so much of you in her. I cannot wait to see her ‘push the bar’ and become a lawyer. I know she will do well. She has her father’s gift of gab.

Enjoy Italy and your time with Olivia,

Ziva

(PS: There are things I have mentioned here that will NEVER be repeated. Remember what I can do with a credit card and a paper clip.)


NCIS NCIS NCIS NCIS


Tony,

It has been a long two weeks. Gibbs threats to send me to Cyberville, as you call it, have lessened. He now only threatens me about twice a week. He also threatened to send Ziva back to Israel. He doesn’t do that as much anymore either.

I’m glad you and Olivia have gotten to spend this time together. But I had no idea what this job would be, how hard it is. I had no idea Gibbs depended on you to do so much. I’m having a hard time keeping up. The work is never-ending.

Ducky is having a really hard time with you gone. None of the rest of us listen to his stories the way you did. He really, really misses that. He had told me he has some great stories about Italy he wants to share with you when you get back.

Again, I am so glad you and Olivia are having a great time together.

Maybe Gibbs won’t kill us before you get back,

Tim


NCIS NCIS NCIS NCIS


Anthony,

It has, indeed, been a long 2 weeks. I do hope your Italian vacation has been a thrilling experience. I, as I told Timothy, have a few Italian excursions I wish to share with you when you return. I find I do not have as receptive an audience with Jethro, Ziva and Timothy as I do when you are here.

I am so very thrilled you and Olivia are getting to spend this time together. I was very glad to be able to make it happen. We were all stumped for a graduation present. And when you presented your plans to us…it just sounded perfect that we should help finance the trip.

I hope Olivia is enjoying herself also. I think it is vitally important for a person to know where they come from. I am so glad you could share that part of yourself with her.

I do wish you could come back soon. I heard Gibbs say something to Abby about ‘burying the bodies.’ And, as you know, with Jethro, it is sometimes hard to tell when he is kidding.

Ciao,
Ducky


NCIS NCIS NCIS NCIS


Hi Everybody,

Olivia and I are having a wonderful time. We just returned from visiting cousins in the northern part of Italy, near Milan. (Olivia has done A LOT of shopping, there. And I have too.) There is no better place to get an Italian suit, after all. It was so nice to see family again. It was even more surprising that they remembered their ‘American cousin’ after all these years. It was a lot of fun just to ‘catch up.’ They also agreed to take Olivia sightseeing. They took us to a lot of the places I had forgotten since being here as a kid. (See the pictures I sent, latest.)

We stayed with them for about a week. It was hard to say goodbye. I told them we would be back for a day or two before we left Italy for good. And I think they are planning a trip to The States sometime next year. They said they would, also, love to come to Olivia’s college graduation. I want to make sure that that happens.

I miss you guys, too. But I cannot thank you enough for providing me this opportunity to spend time with my daughter. I could not have afforded it own my own. And we have had such a good time together. It has meant a lot to the both of us.

I thank you, Boss, for all that you said, and I understand. That is precisely why I asked. And I really would have understood if you had said no. Now that I have her, I just can’t imagine…. Oliva loves her ‘Grampy.’

Tim, Ziva, give Gibbs a break. He’s grouchy, and he’s old. (His knee is probably acting up too. He doesn’t listen to his doctors either.) But, mainly, he just misses me. He’ll be fine after I get home.

Abby, stop driving everybody crazy. Take down all the pictures, well…you can keep up one or two. I’ll be home soon. I promise.

Ducky, I look forward to all your stories, as always, and look after Gibbs for me. (You know how he gets.) And as for as the bodies go…I would do a head count, every morning, just in case.

Miss you all,

Tony and Olivia


TBC
Chapter End Notes:
AN: Sorry it took so long to get back to this story, but I was a little stumped for awhile. Then I thought of the letters. As always, thank you, so much, for your continued support. Jackie