- Text Size +
Chapter 43


AN: I know Tony will not be able to wait months to meet or find out about Kevin. I thought I would do a little ‘intermediate’ chapter, with Tony trying to find out things about who Olivia is dating. I am not an IM’er so I’m sure some of the responses I have here are too long to be sent. (I’m guessing there is a ‘character’ limit.) At any rate, I want it to be cute, sweet, and funny. I hope it reads that way.

(O) denotes Olivia's responses

Also, thanks so much for your responses to the last chapter. My computer is running extra slow. So, I will just say a big THANK YOU to all my reviewers and alerters. Your support is greatly appreciated.


Tony had been IM’ing Olivia on and off since she had returned to Harvard.

(O)I think it’s illegal for a daddy to grill his daughter.

…just asking questions, BabyGirl….just asking questions.

(O)I don’t want you doing background checks on him or causing him any trouble. I like this guy.

I have a right to know who my daughter is dating.

(O)But you won’t just stop at ‘knowing who he is.’ You won’t stop until you have all his tax returns back until the first year he started work.

If that’s what it takes…I am trying to find out his character.

(O)You knowing he worked at a MickyD’s for two years at minimum wage is going to tell you about his character?

Sure, it tells me he’s willing to start small and work his way up.

(O)You’re reaching here.

I just want to know that he’s right for you. I want to know that he is good to you. I want to him to know if he hurts you, I will hunt him down and make him regret it.

(O)Dad!

This is hard for me.


(O)I get that.

I’m not sure that you do.

(O)I know you feel bad about missing out on part of my life. I understand. But that can’t be changed. And I love our relationship just the way it is. You shouldn’t feel bad about missing anything, because I don’t feel like you did. I think you’re getting the better end of the deal. Believe it or not, I was a brat. I was stubborn. I was told, much later, I got it after my biological father.

…vicious rumor…

(O)You’ve made up anytime we’ve lost by giving me your total, complete acceptance. You’ve given me another granddad, who I love dearly. And you’ve given me a great extended family. I’m very lucky. When I first started looking for you, I was so sure you would just be angry at being betrayed and reject me. That’s why it took me so long to talk to you. But the guy that mom liked. The one she fell for…he’s the guy I saw. He’s the one who made up for all of it the first time he pulled me into his arms and told me he loved me.

I do love you.

(O)I love you, too.

So I’m waiting?

(O)You’re waiting.

No playing 20 Questions?

(O)Nope. Took that trip…called my travel agent and asked for a refund of the purchase price.

Baby…?

(O)I just want you to meet him. Get to know him. Just…give him a chance, for me. I’m not saying I’ll marry him. And there may even be a few more after him. He’s important to me.

Okay.

(O)What does that mean?

That means I won’t look up his tax returns from the time he worked at MickyD’s.

(O)And you’ll…?

I can’t make any promises on anything else.

(O)Fair enough. Gotta go, got mountains of homework. Love you.

I love you, too, BabyGirl.


TBC