- Text Size +
Chapter 7


McGee looked up from his desk. “Hasn’t Tony been gone for awhile?”

Gibbs looked up. He checked his watch and was about to stand up when he heard the elevator door ding. He looked up to see Tony coming towards the bullpen.

“DiNozzo, nice of you to join us.” Gibbs said. He studied his agent for a moment. “Elevator. Now!”

Tony reluctantly followed Gibbs into the elevator. Gibbs leaned up against the wall after he flipped the switch. He waited for Tony to speak.

Gibbs spoke after a few moments of silence. DiNozzo, Tony, this girl. I…I need to know, if you are in trouble. If…if….”

Tony shook his head. “It’s nothing like what you’re thinking, Boss. It…” Tony paused to consider for a moment. He was still getting used to the idea. “It’s actually pretty great.” Tony smiled. It was a real, genuine smile.

“So…what is it?” Gibbs asked, growing impatient.

“I need a week.” Tony stated.

“A week?” Gibbs asked, confused.

“I’ll explain everything…in a week.” Tony promised.

“Why do I have to wait?” Gibbs demanded.

“I’ll explain it all, Boss. I swear. I will explain everything.” Tony stated.

“So, what is with this girl…?” Gibb started.

“A week.” Tony said as he reached over and flipped the switch.

“That’s all you’re going to give me?” Gibbs gave Tony one of his patented stares. But it didn’t work.

Tony just smiled. “I’ve worked with you too long. I’m almost immune.”

“You’re not immune to this.” Gibbs said, head-slapping Tony as they both exited the elevator.


NCIS NCIS NCIS NCIS


Tm and Ziva went to work as soon as Tony and Gibbs headed for the elevator. Ziva got up from her desk and came over to Tim’s.

“Did you hear a name?” Tim asked, his fingers poised over the computer keyboard.

“Just Olivia.” Ziva answered.

“You didn’t’ hear a last name?” Tim asked.

“No.”

“Damn, I didn’t either.” Tim admitted.

“So…what? We have a teenage girl named Olivia. She must live close…” Ziva surmised. “…she’s been here twice to see Tony.”

“Did she look pregnant to you?” Tim asked in a near whisper.

“McGee!”

“Well,” Tim explained. “…he likes them young. And she looks like she could be 18.” Tim added. “And why else would she have come to see him twice. He has never had any of his other girlfriends come see him at work.”

“She’s not a girlfriend.” Ziva stated.

“How do you know?” Tim asked.

“I just have a feeling.” Ziva paused. “There is more going on here than beats the eye.”

“Its meets the eye and yes, that is true.” Tim said.

“How do…we know what?” Ziva asked, getting back to the task at hand.

Tim leaned back in his chair. “We have a girl, named Olivia, who looks to be about the age of 18.”

“Who could…” Ziva sighed. “…live anywhere in D.C., Maryland, or Virginia.”

“We have nothing.”

“We have nothing.” Ziva said. She sat down at her desk and turned her attention to her computer just as Tony and Gibbs emerged from the elevator.


NCIS NCIS NCIS NCIS


“You know something, Abby.” Gibbs said after he had stepped into her inner sanctum, her lab.

“You trying out new catch phrases, my silver-haired fox. Because, personally, I like your old one better. No, offense.

“You. Know. Something. Abby.” Gibbs said, emphasizing each word.

Abby tried to deflect. “I know a lot of thing, Gibbs. For instance, did you know that I processed all the evidence for a crime scene in an hour and a half? I know that doesn’t sound like a record, but trust me, it is. I time myself sometimes, just for the fun of it. Of course, in that particular case….”

“Abby…Abby that is NOT what I’m talking about.” Gibbs said. “This is about Tony. That girl, Olivia, came to visit him. She….”

“She’s a sweet girl….” Abby started, then snapped her mouth shut. “Damnet.’ She thought.

Gibbs smiled. “I knew you knew something. Tony always talks to you. She was down here. You met her. Talk to me, Abby.”

Abby shook her head. She tried to avoid his all-knowing gaze.

“Abby!”

“I can’t!” Abby finally said. She turned away from Gibbs and pretended to type something on the computer.

“Abby!” Gibbs repeated.

“I can’t, Gibbs. I don’t know anything. I won’t for a week.” Abby stated.

“What is this thing about a week?” Gibbs asked, frustrated. “First, he tells me a week and then you tell me a week. I don’t like this. I don’t like things going on with my team, huge things, and I don’t know about them.”

“This is good, Gibbs. I promise. It is really good.” Abby tried to reassure Gibbs.

Gibbs sighed, seeing he would get nowhere with Abby. “That’s what Tony said. I hope you two know what you’re talking about.” Gibbs turned and left the lab.

Abby was on the phone seconds later. “I did it. I’m so proud. I actually did it.”

Tony had answered on the first ring. “Thank you, Abby. I see many Caf-Pows in your future.”


TBC