- Text Size +
Chapter 8

Tony pulled his girl, his daughter, into a tight hug. It was official. He felt tears coming into his eyes as he wrapped his arms around his own flesh and blood.

Abby was crying too as she watched the two of them after she had given them the news. She tried to hug them both, at the same time.

Abby was the first to step back. She wiped her eyes. “Tony, you know what’s next. If you don’t’ tell Gibbs something soon. I don’t know what he’ll do. You know how he feels about things being kept from him.”

Tony nodded. “He’ll forgive me.”

Abby nodded. “I know he will. He just got himself a granddaughter.”

Olivia looked at Abby. “Granddaughter? I don’t….”

Tony shook his head. “It’s complicated. Gibbs is my boss. But he is also a good friend. We are really close. A lot of people…” Tony said, looking at Abby. “...compare it to a Father/Son relationship. And, I guess, in a way, it is. I just…he’s been really good to me. He has stepped in and done things for me that my own father SHOULD have done. He’s friendship, his opinion, means a lot to me.”

Olivia nodded. “I get it. I guess, since he means so much to you, I really need to get to know him.”

Tony nodded and pulled her into a hug again. He looked over her head to Abby. “I guess it’s time to make the call.”


NCIS NCIS NCIS NCIS


Thirty minutes later Team Gibbs, Ducky and Jimmy were in the lab. The work day was finished and Tony had asked them all to meet him there before they went home for the day. They all stood around looking confused seeing Olivia there with Tony and Abby.

Tony put his arm around his daughter. “I called you all here to make an announcement. I know you all have been wondering who Olivia is and why she’s here.” Tony paused. “Well, I met Olivia’s mom, Sallie, about 18 years ago. She was a graduate student at Ohio State and I was a junior, just started my junior year. We had a brief relationship, it lasted about 6 months. She actually started off as my tutor. She…we got closer. She graduated 3 months after our relationship was over. I finished Ohio State and went on to another school.” Tony was getting confused looks from both Ziva and Tim, but he continued. “She was 4 years older than me. “ Tony paused again. He sighed and pulled Olivia closer. “At any rate, Olivia decided she wanted to look me up. She wanted to meet her father, her biological dad.” He looked at Olivia with tears in his eyes again. “And I’m so glad she did.”

No one knew what to say for a long moment. They each had had scenarios running through their minds, but this, admittedly, had not been one of them.

Ducky was the first to speak. “What is your name, my dear?”

“Olivia Marie DiNozzo-Martin.” Olivia stated. “I just added DiNozzo about a week ago.”

“Well, it is very nice to meet you, my dear girl, Olivia. I am sorry. I am Doctor Mallard, the ME here at NCIS. You may call me Ducky.” Ducky said, taking Olivia’s hand in both of his. He then hugged Tony. “Congratulations, my dear boy.” Ducky looked from one to the other. “I must say, the resemblance is remarkable.”

“I agree.” Ziva spoke up. She gave Tony a hug and whispered in his ear. “She is beautiful.” Ziva then hugged Olivia. “I am Special Agent Ziva David. You may call me Ziva. I am your father’s partner. It is very nice to meet you. I am…I do not know what to say. I do not know why I did not see it before.” Ziva observed. “Your stance is even similar to Tony’s.”

“Hi, I’m Jimmy, James Palmer. I’m a medical student. Dr. Mallard’s assistant. It is really nice to meet you, Olivia.” Jimmy paused. He shook Olivia’s hand. “I’m sorry. I don’t mean to stare. You…you just look so much like, your da…like Tony.” Jimmy then shook Tony’s hand. “She’s a beautiful girl.”

Tony looked at Olivia and smiled. “Yes, she is.

McGee spoke up next. “I’m…I’m shocked. I don’t know what to say, Tony. I can see the resemblance. She’s…I just don’ t know what to say.” McGee said, giving Tony a quick hug.

McGee then turned his attention to Olivia. “Olivia, it is really nice to meet you. I’m Tim, Special Agent Timothy McGee. I …you…you look so much like Tony. It’s unreal.” He shook Olivia’s hand.

“Gibbs, Boss.” Tony started.

Gibbs shook his head. “I should have seen it. I really should have seen it.”

Gibbs surprised everyone and gave Olivia a hug. She hugged his back. “Olivia, I’m Special Agent, Leroy Jethro Gibbs. I’m your dad’s boss.” He just looked at Olivia for a moment. “I can’t get over the resemblance.”

“She’s my girl, Gibbs. My baby girl.” Tony said. “I’m a dad.”

Gibbs made a move to head slap, Tony. But, instead, he squeezed the nape of Tony’s neck in an affectionate gesture. “I…I don’t know what to say. She, Olivia, looks…she just looks so much like you. I understand you wanted to make this official.” He pulled Tony into a hug. “She is beautiful. Congratulations.”

“Well, everyone…” Ducky spoke up. “…I think the fact that Anthony and Olivia have found one another is a cause for celebration.” He addressed Olivia. “What is your favorite restaurant, my dear?”

“I…I don’t know the restaurant scene in DC that well. I live in Baltimore.” Olivia stammered. She was not used to having all these eyes on her.

“We shall choose for you then, my dear.” Ducky said.

Everyone was in favor of celebrating, and they all voiced opinions on the best places. But, after much debate , it was decided to go to Manelli’s Pizza and Subs, in honor of Olivia’s new found Italian heritage. The group left NCIS and was soon on its way.

TBC