- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Harry still has visions after his defeat of Voldemort, related to anything and everything. He hasn’t had a vision of a bad guy for some time. For the first time in a long time, he tunes in to a serial killer that is killing naval officers. Desperate to stop the visions he has, Harry goes to NCIS and offers to help their investigation in any way he can.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

I got the idea for this story from the book Dream Man by Linda Howard.

Summary: Harry still has visions after his defeat of Voldemort, related to anything and everything. He hasn’t had a vision of a bad guy for some time. For the first time in a long time, he tunes in to a serial killer that is killing naval officers. Desperate to stop the visions he has, Harry goes to NCIS and offers to help their investigation in any way he can.

Warnings: slash, language, violence and bloody descriptions of crime scenes.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t Kill Me While I Dream

Chapter 1


He had just finished watching the eight o’clock movie when it happened. He had just begun to feel normal, happy with his life for a change when it hit him.

The vision came out of nowhere and with the force of a freight train.

-- screams, begging to be let go, a sense of power, run, hide --

Harry was just aware enough to lay down on the sofa he was sitting on before the vision hit with its full force.

-- a long knife, glittering with what little light there was in the room.

“Please, please don’t kill me,” a woman begged and screamed as she ran.

“Shhh… pretty. Shhhh….”

The knife came closer and closer.

“please, no…”

The knife glinted in the light as it came swooping down embedding in the soft body. Once, twice, three times…

Blood spattered everywhere as the figure continued slashing and hacking chasing it’s victim form one room to another. Power and a sense of euphoria.

Slowly the figure began to calm and think rationally. Moving around the room collecting anything that could be traced to it.

Abruptly the vision cut off. Harry lay on the sofa between the pillows, desperately trying to catch his breath and stop his rolling stomach. Chills and shaking gripped the young man as he fought to stay conscious, to keep the crippling fatigue away just a bit longer.

Dobby popped in sensing something wrong with the young wizard.

“Master Harry?” the house elf asked cautiously, unsure of how to help.

“Get… Mione…” Harry managed to gasp before allowing the darkness to claim him.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The team got the call before they had barely had a chance to sit down. Gibbs came storming into the bullpen.

“Gear up, we have another one,” he ordered grabbing his badge and gun.

Nobody had to ask what he meant. Someone had broken into their homes and killed two petty officers so far without leaving a trace. Everyone was on edge and Gibbs was beyond angry at their lack of leads.

Arriving at the scene, Tony showed his badge.

“We’re NCIS,” he said indicating himself, Gibbs, McGee and Ziva.

The officer moved, allowing them entrance to the small house. The team was used to murder scenes by now, they were all even used to blood but this killer was different.

There was blood everywhere. Lamps, side tables and even the pictures from the walls were knocked over and broken. There was blood spatter on the floor, the walls and even pieces of the ceiling. Bloody handprints and a steady trail of blood led down the hallway to what Tony supposed was the bedroom. They were always finished off in the bedroom. She had put up a fight and tried to run away.

“McGee, Ziva, the living room. Photograph and bag everything you can,” Gibbs ordered.

“DiNozzo you’re with me in the bedroom,” he barked carefully making his way to the bedroom.

“On your six, Boss,” Tony called out, gingerly following.

The bedroom was even worse. It looked like it came straight out of one of the most gruesome horror movies he had ever seen. Since Tony had seen nearly every movie made, that was saying something.

Ducky and Palmer came in behind Tony and paused. It looked like there wasn’t an inch of the room that hadn’t been left untouched. Perfume, make-up and jewelry had been knocked off and broken from the dressing table. Several pillows that could have once been a cream colour lay on the floor now a horrible red.

Sprawled in the center of the bed lay a young woman. Her eyes, wide with terror, stared unseeing at the ceiling which was covered in blood. An occasional drop of blood dripped onto the body from the light hanging in the middle of the room from the ceiling. She had been stabbed, more like hacked at, a number of times. The sheets underneath her were tangled and so soaked with blood that it was difficult to tell what colour they had originally been.

Tony cleared his throat before talking quietly, “Petty Officer Alison Peters, age twenty three, not married. Didn’t report for work this morning. A concerned neighbour knocked on the front door. The door opened, she spotted the blood and called 911.”

“Oh my dear girl,” Ducky sighed as he moved to examine the body.

Gibbs and Tony photographed and collected the evidence they could salvage as calmly as possible while Ducky and Palmer moved the body out. They were unable to find the murder weapon near the body. If the killer stuck to the pattern, they would have taken it with them when they left.

Gibbs headed back to the yard with Ducky to inform the director of the situation leaving Tony, Ziva and McGee behind to continuing going over the house with a fine tooth comb. It appeared that it had started in the kitchen, gone through the living room and ended in the bedroom. Nearly all the rooms were destroyed or covered in blood with overturned furniture. It was going to be a nightmare collecting what evidence they could find.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours later the weary team made it back to the yard and stepped onto the elevator.

“Argh… I need a shower,” Tony moaned feeling decidedly unclean after that crime scene.

“For once, I agree with you Tony,” Ziva said as she made her way to her desk.

They really needed to catch this killer but each had a feeling that they would get as much evidence at this scene as they did at the last one which was a whole hell of a nothing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AN: This is my first real crime story as well as psychic so I’m making it up as I go along. What you think? Good? Bad?