- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Harry, Hermione and Ron head to NCIS
Title: Don’t Kill Me While I Sleep 3/?
Author: theblackrose16
Beta: Elsa Kallan
Summary: Harry still has visions after his defeat of Voldemort, related to anything and everything. He hasn’t had a vision of a bad guy for some time. For the first time in a long time, he tunes in to a serial killer that is killing naval officers. Desperate to stop the visions he has, Harry goes to NCIS and offers to help their investigation in any way he can.
Pairings: Harry/Tony, Hermione/Ron, no idea who else
Warnings: slash, language, violence and bloody descriptions of crime scenes, mature sex scenes…hmmm… I can’t think of anything else at this point will let you know.
Rating: NC-17
Word Count: 1, 499
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

I got the idea for this story from the book Dream Man by Linda Howard.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don’t Kill Me While I Dream

Chapter 3

Hermione pulled out her cell phone and dialed as the trio walked outside towards Harry’s car.

“Hello, yes I’d like the number and address of the nearest NCIS office please.”

“Uhuh, yes, ok thank you.”

Ron and Harry were standing beside the car watching the brunette expectantly.

“I know where we’re going. It’s only about twenty minutes away. Harry, you wanna drive and I’ll give directions or do you want me to drive?”

Harry gazed at his friend in gratitude. He felt nowhere near calm enough to drive.

“You drive, Mione,” he replied, handing over the keys to her.

Silently, Hermione took the keys and climbed in the driver’s seat. Ron took the passenger seat beside her while Harry climbed in the back where he could sprawl out if need be.

As she reversed out of the driveway, Hermione dialed the number that she had been given for the NCIS offices they were heading to. The phone was on speaker and the dial echoed thorough the car.

Ring, Ring, Ring

“Hello, NCIS Washington DC Office. How may I direct your call?”

“Hello, I’m wondering if you could help me. I’m looking for the person in charge of the investigation for the murder of,” Hermione grabbed the sketch with the badge on and squinted trying to read the name, “Alison Peters.”

“One moment, please.”

The sound of tapping on a keyboard could be heard over the phone.

“Agent Gibbs is in charge of the case, ma’am. He is currently out in the field. Would you like me to patch you through to him or I could put you through to one of his agents that are here?”

“No, thank you. I’ll just come in person. Thank you for your help.”

“My pleasure, ma’am. Have a nice day.”

“That was relatively easy,” Hermione commented once she had hung up.

Harry hummed in agreement, looking out the window as his friend made a right turn.

The closer they got, the more Harry began to fidget. His left leg was constantly bouncing, his right fingers tapping the arm rest. After a few minutes, Ron turned around in his seat.

“Harry, mate? You okay there?”

“Yeah, why wouldn’t I be?”

Ron stared at him incredulously.

“Harry, stopped fidgeting,” Hermione ordered from the driver’s seat.

“But, Mione…” Harry began.

“But nothing, Harry. It will be fine. You know we have Kingsley’s support. If worst comes to worst. We can have the case pulled from them and Ron can work it if they make too much trouble.”

Harry stared at his best friend’s back in shock.

“We could do that?”

“Yes, I checked with Kingsley. You’re the Saviour. If you’re having visions of something, then we have the grounds to do what we need to, to stop whatever the threat is.”

Harry let out a breath he hadn’t even been aware that he had been holding. He’d killed Voldemort in his seventh year. It had stopped a full scale war from erupting but it couldn’t bring back Sirius or Dumbledore. At least Remus had survived. He now lived with Tonks and their son, Teddy, who was his godson.

Shortly after he had killed Voldemort though, his other powers had emerged. Hermione had a theory that the horcrux that had been inside of him had been suppressing some of his powers, so when he died thereby getting rid of it, the rest of his powers were unleashed. Included in that had been a large power boost and wonderful physic abilities. Most of the time it was just little things. He knew someone was coming over before they even arrived. He never had things go missing since he always knew where they were when he thought about it. When he had integrated Muggle technology into his home, Harry had discovered a few things. He could answer any question posed on any quiz show. He knew the phone was going to ring and who it would be before it happened.

In the beginning, he had also had full on premonitions. He had spent the first three years helping the Ministry track down any remaining Death Eaters along with some murderers with the help of his visions. Then things had gone bad. No, he wasn’t going to dwell on that. Not now when he had to be focused. Harry couldn’t afford to fall apart now.

A hand on his knee jerked him out of his thoughts. Startled, he looked up.

“Mate, we’re here,” Ron informed him quietly.

Harry looked around. They were at some sort of security check point.

“I.D.s please,” a soldier spoke to Hermione.

The young woman nodded and pulled out three I.D.s from the glove box. Harry could have sworn he hadn’t put them there so Hermione had probably summoned them.

The soldier took them and checked them against the three people present in the car. He nodded and then asked if they wouldn’t mind opening the trunk. Once the car’s trunk had been checked over, they were waved through and given direction on where to go when Hermione asked.

They parked outside the building and Hermione and Ron both turned to look at their friend in concern.

“Harry, you ready?” Hermione asked gently.

Harry nodded and slowly climbed out the car to gaze at the building before them. Ron and Hermione came round to stand on either side of him.

The building had three floors, four if you counted the one underground. There were a lot of glass windows. People were coming and going from the building. It had a nice green lawn in front and a large sign.

Harry took a deep breath before walking forward. They came to a stop inside the building by a metal detector. A security guard was standing beside it. Noticing the trio he stepped forward.

“Good day, how can I help you?”

Ron answered while Hermione looked around curiously.

“We’re here to speak to an Agent Gibbs. Can you tell us where to find him or his team?”

“Agent Gibbs is out in the field at the moment but maybe Agent DiNozzo can help you out?”

“Who is Agent DiNozzo?” Harry asked.

“He is Gibbs’ senior agent. Shall I call up and check if he will see you?”

Hermione was the one to answer this time.

“Please, if it wouldn’t be too much trouble.”

The security guard smiled as he moved to the phone sitting on the desk beside the metal detector.

“Agent DiNozzo, this is Tom. There are three people here to see Agent Gibbs or you. Shall I have someone escort them up?”

“Mmhm. Yes. Not a problem.”

Indicating a man standing down the hall, the security guard said, “He’ll escort you up to Agent DiNozzo.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tony frowned as he put the phone down.

“What is it, Tony?” Special Agent Timothy McGee asked.

“I’m not sure. That was Tom. Apparently there are three people on their way up. They want to talk to either Gibbs or me.”

Tim frowned.

“Did they say why?”

“No.”

“Well, you’ll have to deal with them since you are Gibb’s senior agent as you like to remind us all,” he teased the brunette.

Just then the elevator dinged as it stopped. Tony and Tim both stood and looked towards it as three people walked out escorted by a marine. The man on the left was tall easily 6’3” with somewhat fiery red hair and freckles scattered across his face. The woman on the right was beautiful. She had long brown hair and hazel eyes. But what caught Tony’s attention was the young man in the middle of the trio.

He had black hair that looked like it had had a fight with a comb and the comb had lost. He was paler than most people in Washington D.C. but not sickly so. The most enchanting part of him though was his eyes. Tony stared at emerald green eyes as they drew closer. Tony found himself absently wondering if they would sparkle like emeralds in the sun if the young man laughed.

“We’re looking for Agent DiNozzo,” the brunette woman spoke softly.

Tony’s attention reluctantly moved to the speaker.

“I’m Tony DiNozzo. What can I do for you?”

The last was asked while staring at the raven haired beauty. Said young man promptly blushed, took a deep breath and then answered.

“My name is Harry Potter. I’m physic and I came to help with the murder of Alison Peters.”

Both Tim and Tony stared at the pair in shock before glancing at each other. Tim’s eyes sparkled as they conveyed a message.

Better you than me. Can’t wait for you to tell Gibbs.

Shit! Gibbs! How in the hell was Tony supposed to tell Gibbs that apparently there was a physic here offering his help even when said physic looked like something out of Tony’s wet dreams.

“DiNozzo, what going on here,” a voice suddenly barked out from behind their three visitors.

FUCK! Oh, well. No time like the present.