- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby's help in unmasking the mole at NCIS becomes a catalyst for change.
Chapter 5 â€" Sunday… is supposed to be a day of rest

Erotic. Playful. Passionate. Sensuous. Intense. Tender... all words Abby could use to describe her weekend with Gibbs.

He'd stayed in her apartment all day Saturday, spending most of it in her bedroom, apart from trips to the kitchen to refuel with much needed food and coffee and the shower to clean up, usually together. They managed to christen almost every room in her apartment and what felt like every horizontal surface, along with quite a few walls along the way. It's a good job there was no need to black light her apartment…

By the end of the weekend, Abby had lost track of the orgasm count... in her favor.

Collapsed in a chair after they'd tested the strength of her kitchen table, she was curled up in a boneless heap in his lap, still trembling. She seemed to be spending the entire weekend with her nerve endings on fire.

"I'm curious… why are you spoiling me so much?" she asked him hesitantly, softly kissing her way along his neck.

"Spoiling you?" he sounded wryly amused at her euphemism.

"Yeah, you know…" suddenly unsure whether she should have started this conversation, she pulled back, resting her hands on his shoulders, seeing the amusement and something else she couldnt define lurking in his eyes. "You're lagging way behind me in the orgasm stakes."

"You keeping score, Abbs?" he chuckled, raising his eyebrows.

"Nooo," she punched him lightly on the shoulder, and dropped her gaze. "It's just… I couldn't help but notice and it's hardly fair on you."

"Maybe I like spoiling ya," his hands trailing gently over her back, before pulling her closer.

She smiled up at him, tracing her fingers gently over the lines of his face. "I mean I'm totally not complaining. You may have noticed I love every minute of it, but I like to… spoil you too."

Huffing a soft laugh, he said, "I like you spoiling me too but I'm not as young as I was, Abbs, I can't keep up with ya," trying to make light of his longer recovery time.

All of which may have been true, but didn't explain his single minded determination to drive her slowly out of her mind. He seemed hell bent on showing her that sex with him was much more than the hard and fast coupling they'd shared that first time.

"You don't have to prove anything to me, you know." She searched his eyes, feeling his sudden tension and sensing the vulnerability behind his carefully held expression, almost hearing the unspoken, don't I?

Although neither of them cared about the age difference between them, she hadn't realized how he might be feeling a degree of insecurity related to it. The irony was, there was no need for him to worry. Not only did she love him, which she knew added another dimension to sex for her, but physically he was everything she'd ever imagined him to be. None of her previous lovers had made her feel like this. And now she felt guilty about raising the subject, however obliquely, and wondered how she could reassure him.

"And you think I can keep up this pace, do you?" She tilted her head on one side, lips curving in a familiar smile.

"Not noticed you flagging yet, Abbs."

"I shan't be able to walk by Monday at this rate," she tried to defuse the tension. He focused on her face and softly brushed his fingers against her cheek. He seemed to hear beyond her words to what she was trying to tell him and she was relieved to see the lines of his face relax.

"Young is very over-rated, you know. Trust me." Abby wrapped her arms around his neck and brushed her lips across his jawline. "Quick to start and very quick to finish in my experience. Why do you think I prefer older men?" she said, smiling gently.

"That the only reason?" he asked, sounding amused, grateful for her lightening the mood, hands moving down to her hips and round to cradle her ass and pull her more firmly against him.

"No. I'll… er, get to all the other reasons in good time," she sighed as she felt a spark go through her at the contact, finding it hard to concentrate. "Stop distracting me."

He didn't respond but continued to run his hands over her back and round to brush the back of his knuckles against the underside of her breasts, causing her to gasp. Before she could lose the thread of what she was saying, she had to finish this thought. Resting her hands on his shoulders, she reassured him softly, "With you, I've never felt so cherished."

"That's kinda the idea," bending down to capture her lips in a searing kiss.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

She wasn't exactly a passive participant either.

She usually approached sex with the same joyful gusto that she brought to life and she gradually managed to take a more active role, once her knees stopped turning to jelly the moment he touched her. It was hardly a surprise that he would be as dominant sexually as he was in every other aspect of his life and, at first, she felt almost overwhelmed by him and her reaction to him. She was sure that she could never get enough of him, no matter how many times they made love, but she was determined to show him that sex with her meant that he didn't have to do all the heavy lifting and that she could be an equal and, at times, dominant partner.

The sight of him writhing underneath her, neck arched as he groaned and cried out her name, gripping her hips as she rocked above him trying to draw out both their orgasms, would certainly be burned into her brain for some time.

What had surprised her initially was just how physically affectionate and tactile he was. Who'd have thought that Gibbs was a cuddler?

She was sure part of it was the novelty of finally being able to touch and feel and taste every inch of each other. But to her delight, he just seemed to be a very physical person. Perhaps it was partly a reflection of his reluctance to talk and how uncomfortable he was with expressing his feelings, but he seemed to find it easier to show her how he felt with his hands and mouth and body… which was not something she was likely to complain about.

She wasn't sure if he was a particularly fast learner or if she was just so responsive to him because of the depth of her feelings, but he seemed particularly adept at finding all her sensual weaknesses and exploiting them till she was reduced to a quivering heap in his arms. For her part, she couldn't keep her hands off him, finding she craved his body the more she touched him. He seemed to reciprocate, needing to be almost constantly in contact with her, touching her or nuzzling her neck or enfolding her in his arms.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By Saturday evening, their urgency had diminished slightly and they were more able to take their time to savor each other; hot and needy and desperate turning to languid and teasing and tender.

Lazily exploring her body, this time on a sensual tour of each of her tattoos, he kissed and ran his tongue over each one, making her shiver with his delicate touch. He stilled as he hovered above her bat tattoo, the image etched into the skin above her right hip in Kate's memory.

"You recognize it, don't you?" she asked gently.

By his expression, she could see that he remembered the drawing Kate had made of her even before his whisper of "Oh yeah…" reached her ears.

He traced his fingers tenderly over every line of the tattoo before gently placing a kiss over it, breath ghosting over her skin and raising goose bumps. He looked up at her, starting to murmur, "Kate…" before the lump in his throat caused him to break off, unable to continue, such a wealth of emotion in his eyes that she caught her breath and reached for him.

He moved up level with her face again, settling his weight against her on the bed, arms on either side of her head. Neither able to speak for a charged moment, blue eyes held green, shared memories of Kate filling the silence between them without the need for words. Cradling her face in his hands, he eventually leaned down and breathed "My lovely lab bat," against her lips, causing her to smile against his mouth at the new nickname.

The whispered "Mine" that followed slipped out before he could stop himself. He froze and hesitated before raising his head, the question visible on his face, wondering if he'd gone too far, even if possessive was exactly how he felt about her.

"All yours, Jethro." she promised, threading her fingers through his hair, secretly thrilled he felt that way.

His lop-sided grin showed his delight at her words and the kiss that followed swamped her senses.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Breakfast on Sunday found them sat at her still surprisingly intact kitchen table sipping coffee; he in his boxers and she clad in a nightie. Although judging by the look on his face when she came into the kitchen and the way his eyes were now running over the silken garment, she doubted she'd be in it for much longer.

"When I'm at church, Gibbs, I'm going to light a candle in Langer's memory. I've been thinking about it for a while now, even before this," she admitted, looking thoughtful as she sipped her coffee. "I still feel guilty about resenting him so much. It wasn't his fault Tony was gone."

Touched by the thought, he suppressed a smile at her reverting to calling him Gibbs now they were, technically, no longer in bed. She hadn't warmed to Langer, viewing him as Tony's replacement, but it was a caring gesture typical of Abby.

"Although," she shook herself out of her reverie, a mischievous gleam in her eye, "I can guarantee I'm going to find it very hard to concentrate in church. If I keep thinking about last night… or yesterday, for that matter… and especially Friday night, I'm sure my lascivious thoughts are going to send me straight to hell."

"You won't be the only one, Abbs," he replied, reaching out to run his hand down her back, enjoying the feel of the silk against his hands, wondering whether the ties at the side really did unravel it or were they just for show.

"I'm meeting the nuns after church for lunch. Are you going home for some quality basement time?" she asked.

He shouldn't be surprised that she'd read his mind, she knew him so well, "Sure you don't mind?"

"Why should I mind?" she shrugged, reaching down to trail her nails over his thigh muscles, causing them to twitch under her hand. "I know you need your time alone."

"Need some time to think about the plan… and us," he replied, moving his hand up and across her shoulders to massage the back of her neck.

She glanced up at him, suddenly nervous, "Uh-oh."

"Nothing bad, Abbs. Promise," he soothed, concerned that she could so quickly switch to sounding as if she wasn't sure of him.

God knows, he'd had his share of the pitfalls and booby traps lurking along the road of any new relationship. He'd always felt as if he was walking on eggshells with any unguarded comment in those tentative first weeks, and he'd overreacted himself on occasion to situations he'd misread. Even knowing each other as well as they did, he figured that aspect of beginning a relationship wouldn't change even with Abby, especially given how insecure she was at times.

"Positive thoughts?" she asked, tentatively.

"Nothing but positive thoughts," he smiled at her before leaning down to press a warm kiss to her shoulder, "but it's a lot to think about."

"I know. I keep hoping no one will pinch me and I'll wake up and discover it's all been a dream." She gave him a shy smile.

"No dream, Abbs. Just a future to look forward to," reaching down to cover her hand where it rested on his thigh. He might not say very much but when he did, it was usually worth listening to and she found herself relaxing at his words. She moved to straddle his lap, sliding her arms around him and tucking her head into his neck.

"I also need to change my clothes," he pointed out, somewhat ruefully. "You gonna come over later?"

"Love to, although are you sure you're gonna need any clothes tonight, Special Agent Gibbs?" she asked, quirking an eyebrow, her mischievous nature emerging quickly again, to his relief.

"Why? You got plans?" he shot back, resting his hands on her hips, gradually pushing the silk higher to reveal more of her creamy skin.

"Oh yeah," she promised, huskily. "Dinner… then do you wanna fool around?"

She held his face and moved in for a languid kiss, tongues sliding and teasing. Breaking the kiss slowly, they rested their foreheads against each other, breathing heavily.

"Sounds like a plan," his voice hoarse, trying to rein himself in as she shifted in his lap or they'd never get out the door.

"Gonna cook dinner for me?"

"Gonna share my bed tonight?" he bantered, grinning at her spreading smile. "Although it might take a while to get there, via basement, boat, rug, couch…"

Eyes widening as all too vivid images flashed across her mind at his words, she giggled into his neck, heart racing at the thought of finally sharing his bed.

"Shall I bring some groceries with me or is there actually any food in those cupboards for a change?" she teased.

"Hey, I got food," he protested, fingers digging into her sides, causing her to snort with laughter and squirm even more…

Uh-oh, not a good idea, as he felt his body start to respond to her warmth… again.

"Well… shall I bring anything or not?" she shot him a seemingly innocent smile when he didn't answer her immediately, knowing full well the effect she was having on him.

"Got it covered, Abbs. I'll cook," leaning down to graze his teeth over the spot below her ear that always made her head spin. " Just bring yourself."

"And what about dessert?" she tried to concentrate but found her eyes fluttering closed as her body started to react to him.

"That's what I said… just bring yourself," his voice low and intense with promise.