- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Abby's help in unmasking the mole at NCIS becomes a catalyst for change
Chapter 6 â€" Dessert

His time alone in his basement and the familiar, soothing routine of working on his boat helped his mind to settle. Reviewing his plan to flush out the mole from every angle, Gibbs was eventually satisfied that he was as mentally prepared as he could be; Abby's part would begin in earnest on Monday. Knowing nothing more could be done until they were back at work, he tried to take a break from worrying over the details. Thoughts inevitably straying to Abby, he found his mood lightening rapidly. He knew that if he hadn't stayed with her on Friday night, he would probably have spent the entire weekend alone in his basement, drinking too much and brooding over the last few months.

Abby was as warm, generous, feisty and exciting in bed as she was out of it. The sex was mind blowing but the mental connection and ease he felt with her was equally important. Perhaps it was because they'd been friends for so long but he couldn't remember feeling such a physical and mental connection with a woman in a long time. He found himself looking forward to the future for once. He was sure that he could get used to waking up with her curled beside him every morning, but didn't want to move too fast for her.

He wasn't surprised that she'd been perceptive enough to pick up on his underlying insecurity, however unconscious it had been on his part. It was perhaps more to do with the newness of their relationship; he just couldn't seem to keep his hands, or any other part of his anatomy, away from her. She made him feel like a horny teenager again, but he'd meant what he said; he was under no illusions that he could keep up with her. But she might well be bored with him in a few months' time anyway and he intended to make the most of whatever time she was prepared to share with him. He still couldn't believe someone like Abby would choose him. She could have any man she wanted, why settle for a cranky Marine?

Mentally headslapping himself as he started down his usual road of over-thinking things… again, he decided it was time to concentrate on something else.

Heading upstairs, he took a shower and changed his clothes before grabbing a sandwich for lunch. He began rummaging in cupboards which turned out to be not as full as he'd boasted to Abby. Deciding that he really did need groceries after all, and determined not to resort to take-out or he'd never heard the end of her teasing, he headed out to stock up. Lighting the fire on his return to take the chill out of the living room, he'd made a start on the meal when he heard her car pull up outside.

Moving into the hallway to intercept her, his door was flung open and the whirlwind which was Abby blew inside, chattering about her day as soon as she was inside before throwing her arms around him for a welcome kiss, declaring "I'm famished."

Holding her head in place with one hand, he wrapped his other arm around her to pull her close against his body, slowly building on the gentle kiss until it became heated and needy. Pulling back slowly, her eyes closed, she let a lazy, sexy smile spread over her face.

"Wow, I missed you too," she breathed.

Opening her eyes, she finally registered that he wasn't in his usual weekend wardrobe of jeans and T-shirt but simply and smartly dressed in a black polo shirt and black pants, the black of the shirt making his blue eyes even more striking… like they needed any help. She didn't even know he owned a black polo shirt. If he wore that to work, she'd be giving security an unexpected X-rated treat as she ripped it off him and jumped his bones.

"You look nice," running her hands up his chest. "Very hot."

"Gotta a hot date tonight."

"Really? Well, that's a coincidence coz so do I."

"Is that why you're dressed up?" running an appreciative gaze over what was clearly not her usual Sunday church outfit. At least he figured she wouldn't wear the close fitting, green top over a minute black skirt, black stockings and slender heels, topped by a leather jacket - the priest, not to mention half the congregation, would have heart failure if she did.

Leaning down to nibble on her bottom lip, he ran his hands round her waist and down over her ass, hands flexing suddenly on her hips and letting an involuntary groan slip out as he felt the unmistakable outline of a garter under her skirt.

Drawing back to meet her amused eyes, he raised an eyebrow, drawing in an unsteady breath as his imagination completed the picture.

"That's your dessert," she informed him with an impish grin.

She was definitely trying to kill him.

"Jeez, Abbs." Burying his face into her neck, he began kissing and suckling her pulse point, hearing her breathing hitch in response. He ran his hands underneath her skirt and up over her silk panties and lacy stocking tops for a closer inspection, feeling his groin tighten.

Her throaty chuckle just helped send whatever blood remained above his neck heading south. "What is it about men and garter belts, not to mention stockings?"

"It's hard wired into our DNA, Abbs, or our genes."

"Well, it's something in their jeans, that's for sure," she gave an unladylike snort, tilting her hips against his, teasingly brushing against his rapidly hardening flesh.

Trying to rein himself in or they'd never get out of the hallway, he pulled away, despite the protests from the rest of his body.

"Thought you were hungry?" he teased.

Still grinning at the effect she was having on him, she gave him her best innocent look. "For you or food?"

"If I answer both, I sense I'm gonna be in trouble," smiling at her, while his hands pushed her jacket off her shoulders. He knew by now that the more innocent she looked, it usually meant her thoughts were anything but.

"Always hungry, Gibbs," stepping closer and wrapping her arms round his waist. "Can't get enough…" she reached up nip at his jawline, "of food, that is. A girl's got to keep her strength up."

Snorting, he tickled her sides, causing her to squirm away from him laughing.

"Although I can always be persuaded to go straight to dessert… it's my favorite part of the meal."

"As a wise woman once said to me, you gotta eat your peas first, Abbs."

"You mean you did find some food in here after all?" she asked, moving into the kitchen and eyeing the preparations for a meal.

"Brat," lightly swatting her on the ass, he moved past, trying to calm his racing heartbeat at the thought of what was underneath her outfit.

Working side by side in his kitchen, they caught up on Abby's day, chatting as easily as ever. It wasn't unusual for them to share a meal outside the Navy Yard. They'd cooked dinner for each other many times in the past, as well as going out and not just on the night before her birthday. It was a relief to them both that there was no trace of awkwardness or self-consciousness over this change in their relationship. Their shared sense of humor and joint instinct for mischief meant that bantering had always been a big part of their friendship. Their fledging relationship now added a whole new sexual dimension to it, something they could indulge in freely.

Setting the table, she was thoughtful as she watched him move with practiced ease around his kitchen, admiring the play of muscles on his arms and shoulders. She could never tire of just watching him… drinking him in, and now she could do so without having to do it surreptitiously.

"Are you sure you didn't want to spend the whole day on your own? I know how much you need your thinking time. Next week is going to be difficult at best. I wouldn't have minded, really I wouldn't," she told him quietly.

"I'm glad you came, Abbs," he moved closer, hands smoothing over her back as he pulled her close. Reassured by his expression and the smile in his eyes, she wound her arms round his neck, tilting her head up for a kiss. Losing herself in the taste and feel of him again, she relaxed against him.

"Besides…" he paused, "someone's got to do the dishes." Giving her a peck on the nose, he grinned and turned back to the fridge.

Eyes narrowing, she eyed the tempting rear view as he bent to retrieve a beer from the fridge. She reached out and couldn't resist pinching his ass, taking off before he could grab her. He eventually caught her, breathless with laughter, in his living room and tumbled them both down to the rug in front of the fire.

"That was your fault for flashing such a tempting target. What's a girl supposed to do when presented with a butt like that?" she teased.

Pinning her down with his body weight, he grabbed both her hands and held them above her head with one hand while ghosting his other hand down her sides, causing her to laugh even harder. Nipping and licking his way down her neck made her squirm even more, which in turn caused his body to react.

"Someone's supposed to be cooking me dinner," she gasped.

"I'm busy," he mumbled into her neck. God, she smelled so good.

Almost on cue, her stomach grumbled in response, causing him to snort. "You train that to grumble on demand?"

"Of course," still giggling, she turned her head to nip his earlobe before soothing it with her tongue, hearing him moan." And now you're outnumbered, me and my stomach, that's two to one… so get back in that kitchen and start cooking."

He responded by tilting his hips into hers, letting her feel how cooking was the very last thing on his mind right now. She gasped at the feel of his hardness against her, her pulse beginning to beat a steady rhythm between her thighs.

"Want to unwrap my dessert first." He released her hands so he could remove her top and unclasp her lacy bra. Mesmerized by the sight of her with firelight dancing across her skin, he pulled her bra straps down her arms.

Her hands weren't idle either and she was busy pulling his shirt off, before fumbling at his belt and trying to push his pants and boxers down before she broke off as his mouth fastened onto her breasts.

"Oh God, Jethro" was all she could manage as his mouth teased and licked one breast while his thumb brushed back and forth across her other nipple. Reaching for him, she pulled his head up for a kiss that rapidly escalated.

Trying to get her breathing under control, she gasped, "Oh to hell with it… dessert first," provoking his full blown grin before he bent his head to kiss her senseless again.

Hands shaking, he managed to remove her skirt, leaving her in nothing but panties, garters, stockings… and 'fuck me' heels. Captivated by the sexiest sight he could remember seeing in a long time, he ran his hands slowly up her legs before leaning forward and nuzzling his mouth against her, tonguing the damp spot already soaking through her panties, nose nudging her clit. Teasing and tormenting her, she cried out and arched off the rug, so completely turned on by him that she could hardly think straight.

Pulling her panties down, he ran his fingers over the garters and down her stocking clad legs, murmuring "Keep these on. I want to see you," raw need in his voice.

Positioning himself at her entrance, he coated himself in her moisture and teased her clit, feeling her shudder at the contact, before sinking slowly into her warmth.

Hitching one of her legs above his hip, he rocked against her gently, stilling as he looked down at the image of her spread across his fireside rug, hair tousled, eyes closed and biting her lower lip, while her hands clutched at his shoulders.

Opening her eyes when she sensed he wasn't about to move, she breathed out a ragged plea.

"Just admiring the view, Abbs," his voice was soft. "So beautiful."

"View's pretty damn good from down here too… but do you think you could please admire a bit faster… and harder." She could only gasp as he rolled his hips in a slow circle.

Snorting his amusement, "Easy, Abbs. We've got all night."

He pulled her other leg up to rest her ankle over his shoulder, the change in angle spreading her even wider, causing him to sink even deeper inside. Her eyes widened and a breathy moan escaped her lips at the sensation.

Setting a steady but achingly slow pace, he watched her gradually unravel beneath him. Losing himself in the dizzying feelings her body provoked in him, he gradually increased his thrusts, still keeping them as deep as he could, muscles trembling with the effort. Raking her nails down his back, she met his thrusts with as much leverage as she could manage and locked eyes with him, the intensity of their connection overwhelming them both, their world narrowing until all they could feel and taste and see was each other. Feeling her orgasm building, she could only cling to him as it burst over her, muffling her cries into his shoulder, her body trembling and shaking. Feeling her clenching tightly around him, his thrusts became more erratic before he let go, groaning her name into her neck.

Drifting, still entwined, their breathing eventually returned to normal. Not sure her legs would support her yet if she tried to get up, she burrowed into his side when he rolled to one side. One leg thrown over his, she traced idle patterns on his chest while his hand was again irresistibly drawn to her stockings, causing her to chuckle. As he stroked his hand gently up and down her leg, she glanced round the room, trying to work out where most of their clothing had ended up before she let her head fall back onto his chest, too drained to move.

"So, erm, who's cooking dinner again?" she queried, hearing his chuckle as a low rumble under her ear.

Urged on by the ever increasing noises from her stomach, they did eventually make it to the kitchen to finish and eat the meal he'd started. Later, curling up on the couch, he spooned behind her, nose buried in her hair, feeling a sense of contentment steal over him.

Chatting about Abby's plans to visit her family before Christmas, the conversation soon turned to Jackson.

"When this thing with Michelle is over, I'll call him, tell him about us."

She squeezed his hand where it lay over her stomach, slightly surprised but delighted that he would be so willing to tell his father about their relationship.

Sensing her surprise, he looked down. "Is that okay, Abbs?"

"Of course. I really want him to know about us. Do you think he'll be okay about it, about us?"

He wondered how long it would be before she stopped being uncertain about them. "Are you kidding? Whenever I ring him, he does nothing but talk about the team, but mostly you. You made quite an impression on him."

"Well, that's mutual but that doesn't mean he'd want me with his son."

He brushed his mouth against the back of her neck, not sure how he could reassure her. "I'm sure he'll be pleased for us. If anything, he'll be jealous."

Rolling her eyes at him, she smiled before asking tentatively. "I'd like to spend more time with him if we can, perhaps over Christmas or New Year." She still felt hesitant about assuming what they could do together, as a couple.

"Sure," he pulled her closer. "Do ya think Gloria will kick my ass?" not without worries of his own on that score.

"No way, Gloria loves your ass… almost as much as her daughter does."

"What?" a startled laugh escaping him.

Giggling, she turned in his arms to grin up at him. "She adores you, you know that. She'll be fine. She'll be happy that I'm happy."

Lying quietly for a while, he could almost hear her thinking and waited until she was ready to broach whatever was still on her mind.

"We should really talk about the rest of our family, you know, and whether we're going to tell them about us." She didn't need to elaborate on which family she was talking about; his team were as much a second family for both of them. "Are we going to tell them? I'm guessing you want to keep us quiet."

"You know how I feel about my private life being kept private, Abbs."

"I know. I hate being the object of office gossip, too, you know that. I'm not talking about hanging a banner from the roof of the Navy Yard. Just Ducky and your team, they're our friends and it's just..." she trailed off, unsure how to continue.

"I'm not trying to hide, Abbs. I just don't think we should flaunt it, especially not now."

There was a difference between not flaunting and actively hiding and while she didn't want to argue with him, he needed to know how she felt. "I realize the timing of all this sucks. There are going to be enough distractions next week with the mole hunt without adding to them. I understand, really I do."

"Hey, don't think I'm ashamed of us, Abbs." He tilted her face up to him to kiss her softly, thumb rubbing gently over her cheek, forming a familiar sign. "Never think that. I just think we should get through this first."

"Okay, and then we'll tell them?"

Sensing she needed more from him and how important this was to her, he eventually answered, "Yeah, if you want to."

She was firm. "Yes, I do. They care about us, Jethro. I want our friends to know how happy I am and that the reason for that is you."

She refrained from saying that both Ducky and Tony knew of her feelings for Gibbs already; she wasn't sure how he'd react to Tony knowing.

"Anyway, I feel I need to tell Tim when I can. I don't want him finding out by accident. I think I've hurt him enough."

There was a lengthy pause while he considered that and what it would do to the team dynamics but eventually conceded, "Yeah, when this is behind us."

"Yeah, I know. You've enough on your mind without worrying about that right now. I'm sorry I raised the subject."

"Don't be," he was reassuring, brushing his lips against her temple. "We needed to talk about it."

"Not that I can see either of us acting any differently at work," Abby continued, "not that I'm not going to be tempted now I know what lies underneath those clothes and what you can do with those far too talented hands and mouth."

"As hard as it will be to keep my hands off you, Abbs, no, we'll be no different at work. Besides, we need to be discreet, to keep it from Vance."

"He could make trouble for you, couldn't he?"

"For both of us if he chooses to. Don't know him well enough yet to judge his reaction." He didn't know Vance well enough to judge his reaction to anything and an unpredictable Director was a dangerous one.

"Well, then, let's not give him the ammunition in the first place… and if it gets too much, there's always the elevator," she added with a cheeky grin, knowing the thought had crossed his mind too when he groaned into her neck.

Sated and completely drained, not to mention sore and aching in all the right places, they'd ended Sunday tangled in his sheets. One of her favorite memories of the weekend was Gibbs lying beside her, head propped on one hand, the other gently trailing over every curve and hollow as if trying to memorize every inch of her. His hand looked tanned in comparison to her pale skin as his fingers traced delicately over her.

Encouraging her to roll over, he repeated his gentle caresses on her back, trailing his fingers over the cross tattoo again. Arms wrapped around a pillow, she rested her head on her arms, watching him in the soft light from the bedside lamp. His face was unguarded and blue eyes softer than she could remember seeing before. Barely 48 hours ago she'd been facing another lonely night in her apartment and now she was where she'd wanted to be for so long. Surely nothing could change that, whatever might happen next with the mole hunt?