- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva wakes up.
As Tony sat down in the chair again, Ziva opened her eyes. Looking around, Ziva saw Tony and smiled.

"Tony," whispered Ziva.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" asked Tony.

"Sore, confused and tired."

"What are you confused about?"

"What happened. I don't get why he hurt me."

"Because he saw how close we are. He wanted me to suffer. He succeeded Ziva."

Half an hour later, Gibbs walked into Ziva's room.

"I know you just woke up Ziva but I need a statement to put him away. What did he do to you?" asked Gibbs.

"He pretty much electrocuted me, cut me with a knife and burnt me. That's really what he did, just multiple times," replied Ziva.

"Alright Ziva. I'll let you rest and we can talk later then."

"Sorry Gibbs."

"What for Ziva?"

"Everything. Ari, the lies, this, everything."

"Never apologise Ziva, it's a sign of weakness. Ari was not your fault. The lies, well, they hurt but everyone lies. And this is definitely not your fault. Do not blame yourself."

**Three Days Later**

Ziva headed back to work to find Tony crying and McGee trying to comfort him.

"What's wrong?" asked Ziva.

"Ziva!!!" shouted Tony. He immediately cheered up and ran over to hug Ziva.

"What's happening?"

"You're back. I'm taking you to dinner tonight. My treat!"