- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Somehow, everything I own smells of you.
They were laying on the couch, one’s front pressed against the other’s back. It had been a long nine days, but the case they’d been handed in the wee hours of the morning a week and a half ago had finally been wrapped up. McGee had used his super techy skills to track an obscure type of cigar to their killer. The man smoked three and a half a day, never more, never less. Half of a cigar had been left near the body. DNA matched, and McGee was declared hero of the week by an exhausted Tony. He’d barely slept for seven hours during the case. The victim had been an admiral; top priority according to the government.

“You know,” Tony mumbled sleepily into Gibbs neck, “McGee said something the other day that made me think that maybe he’s caught onto us.”

Gibb grunted in acknowledgment, very close to sleep. “What’d he say.”

“I walked past ‘im, and he sniffed at me, so I made a comment ‘bout Jethro rubbing off on him. Now that I think about it, that’s kind of disgusting. Bestiality. Ugh.” Tony shuddered, and Gibbs reached behind him to slap the man spooning him, but ended it in a caress that turned into a sideways kiss when he pulled Tony forward a bit.

“Get to the point, Tony.” Gibbs said, releasing Tony and settling back into him.

“He said that I smelled like you.” Tony murmured. “And now that I think about it, McSniff is sort of right. Somehow, everything I own smells of you.”

“Tested it out, did ya?” Gibbs muttered.

“Just a little.”

“Good smell?”

Tony smiled against Gibbs’ neck, and inhaled as he nodded. “You smell like coffee and sawdust and some sort of musk that’s all your own. I like smelling like you.” He admitted.

“Me too.”

“Reminds me of this one movie-“

“DiNozzo.”

“Yeah?’

“You’re boss won’t be happy if you fall asleep on the job. Get some sleep.” Gibbs breathed, mostly asleep himself. Tony grinned and kissed the back of Gibbs’ head gently.

“Will do.”