- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs and Isabel start to heat things up.
He just stood there letting her voice wash over him experiencing the strange effect it had on him. Just watching her intently. "Ok Izzy" he said softly and let her name slowly leave his lips.

Then Leon Vance spoke up "Ziva why don't you show Isabel around let her see where the facilities are and a tour of the departments so she get to know her way around."

"Certainly Director" Ziva said with a smile. She had respect for this woman who showed so much courage and she liked her friendly nature. Nothing superficial about this one. She understood why her boss seemed strangely enthralled although he was struggling not to show it and of course Tony and his devouring eyes. This woman seemed not to notice. Ziva had the distinct impression that Isabel had dealt with that sort of reaction many times before and just took it in her stride. Maybe was even amused by it.

Back in the "pen" Gibbs leaned over to DiNozzo and said "put your eyes back in your head and can ya have a little respect for a change?"

"Yes boss" and Tony went back to the task at hand.

Gibbs sat back down to go over the files of the case but couldn't help looking up and watching Ziva showing Izzy around. Isabel moved with grace around the office. He was thinking maybe she had taken ballet at some point in her life. But then he thought not many ballet dancers with bodies like that. She was slender but she had curves. Gorgeous curves. It made him think, when did women decide that curves where unattractive? What is with all the flat chested women with stick thin limbs working out till they all looked anorexic? Isabel had full breasts and although her dress hid it he could tell her hips and butt were curvy and shapely. She had longs legs that had defined calves and he'd bet her thighs were amazing.
"I gotta stop this" he actually said out loud in a quiet voice, "I'm not getting anything done"

A couple of hours went by and Isabel showed up by Gibbs desk once again, it was getting time to break, the case and the answers they needed would take till tomorrow to follow up on. Time to leave and have some dinner, then home.
"So maybe I'll go now and get some dinner? shall I call you later to check in?"

"No I don't think its gonna work like that" said Gibbs

"Excuse me?"

"Well its my job to keep you safe and thats gonna be real difficult if I am not with you."

"So what do you suggest Agent Gibbs?"

"Well I suggest dinner at Imperial Dragon, you like Chinese?" he said while grabbing his jacket

She smiled and looked down for a moment then said "You read my mind, Chinese sounds wonderful"

She was lost in thought on the way to his car. So I will be glued to Agent Gibbs for a while. Well if I have to give up my freedom for a little while it won't be so bad to be in his company. I don't feel as if I will have to fight anyone off at least. He seems like a mostly business kind of guy. It will be interesting to get to know him. But yet there was this little element of excitement she didn't quite understand about this situation. He also seemed like the kind of guy who could rattle her easy confident way of keeping her distance while maintaining a friendly relationship.

It had been quite a while since Isabel had a guy in her life. The last one she fell for hard, too hard and it took all of her survival instincts to pul herself up to go on after he left her. She didn't ever want to repeat that again. Next time, if there was one, she would take better care of her heart and not let someone in as much as she had. No being friendly and detached was the way to go.

Gibbs also heavy in thought as he drove them to the restaurant. He never thought of himself as being this easily taken in by a woman. Not now. Not after so many failed relationships. Hadn't he learned anything?
Why was he even thinking about this! He just met her! But there was something, something undeniably different about this woman. She was like a drug. He knew if he got to close he could get addicted. God, he thought, I hope this case gets resolved quick. And then there was a feeling of hoping for just the opposite immediately afterwards.
He glanced over at her bare legs showing from beneath her dress. Slightly tanned and smooth he wondered what it would be like to run his hands up her thighs to her hips.

He never showed he had an interest. His talk was minimal as usual. And very Gibbs in his manner keeping to himself the not-so-business like thoughts that popped up from time to time. He watched her speak she was so unselfconscious, eating her food as though she thoroughly enjoyed it shooting him a quick brilliant smile occasionally over something he shared about his team or the relationship they had to one another.
It was almost unnerving how unassuming and natural she was when she sat there looking so beautiful. He wondered if she even had an inkling as to what she was doing to him.

Hers conversations were somewhat minimal as well. She wasn't in the habit of rambling on like some women. She had things she kept secret. She didn't talk about her medal, although he made a quick reference to it. She said anyone would have done the same thing in my place and then quickly changed the subject looking rather embarrassed.

She sat there and once or twice noticing how handsome he was and how his smile made her stomach feel like butterflies. His eyes were so blue and she even had to catch her breath once when she caught him looking at her so intently as she lifted her head from her food. It made her blush. At first she thought she might have some food on her face so she quickly used her napkin but it wasn't that and it made her feel a warmth in places she hadn't felt in a while. This blushing was starting to become a regular thing. She felt as if she was 16 years old with a new crush.
Oh gezzz what was happening.

"Your blushing" and then a smile "did I say something wrong?
"Oh no,no " her usual casual easy smile gave way and suddenly she felt self conscious.
Than she was candid as usual.
"When you looked at me it took me off guard, I wasn't sure if I left food on my mouth" then
" Gezz you have the bluest eyes I have ever seen"

Then it was his turn to feel self conscious, but it wasn't like Gibbs to blush so he just returned with "that's how I manage to get my suspects to talk, works every time" and he smiled.
then a pause while he studied her
"Well just so you know I do have a spare room so are you ready to head over to my place? Do you need to pick up anything at your house?"

Now that had taken her by surprise. She new they probably would be staying in close proximity but suddenly the thought of going back to his place took her off guard.

Seeing her hesitancy he realized he had to say something.

"Look there's really no debate here, we have to be close for a while and your place is going to be a target if this guy should find out where you live"
Now I can take you over there to pick up a few things but your not going without me.
Hey I know how well you can use a gun but everyone needs a back-up once in a while"

He was right she agreed. "Yes if you don't mind there are a few things I'd like to get"

And without another sentence they got up and drove to her house.
Her decorating was minimalistic and he liked it. Abby would say "very Zen" She had a few photos of her parents and her. And a couple of her Dad who also had been in the military from what Gibbs could see. Also what really drew his attention was a side table that had been made by hand with different hardwoods carefully pieced together like a checkerboard. It had beautiful side detail as well using very small pieces of different colored hardwoods as a border.
The person who had made this was a real craftsman and understood his woods. And there was a clock base made similar to it standing in the corner. He admired the woodwork he hadn't seen anything like it which made him think she may know the craftsman.

Just as the thought entered his mind while his hand was running along the top of the table she came out of the bedroom. "My Grandfather did a lot of wood work, he made that table and a few other pieces I managed to get after he passed away" Isn't it beautiful?

"He definitely knew what he was doing." All the while he said this he was admiring its beauty and Isabel saw that he really appreciated the work.
She smiled it really pleased her that he had taken such notice of something so valuable to her.

Then they took off for Gibbs place. When he got in the house he showed her her room and then went and changed into a tee shirt and jeans. The woodwork he saw just made him want to return to his boat.

His house was warm and a little rustic to her. He definitely had an appreciation for wood. She could see it all over his house. His house smelled a little like her Grandfathers for some reason. And then he mentioned it. He worked on a boat in his basement.

"Come on down if you'd like to see it" he said going down the basement stairs. She took off after him. She loved working side by side with her Grandfather on his projects. So the saw dust and wood smell was like home to her. As they approached the landing the smell was strong and it brought her back .

She just stood there for a moment closed her eyes and took it in. As he got over to his boat he sensed she wasn't behind him and he turned to see her with her eyes closed just breathing in the scent of wood in the air. She looked like some angel out of place in this environment of hard wood and saw dust. Her dress in soft folds around her legs and hugging her waist and breasts. Her face up lifted with her eyes closed looking like she was waiting to be kissed. And suddenly he was hungry for those lips, he imaged the deep kiss, her wet tongue, wanting to explore her mouth.

She opened her eyes to see his blue eyes darken and him staring intently at her taking in all of her.
His demeanor changed he wasn't the distant but nice slightly grumpy team leader he was at his office. It as if he was ready to devour her. He was showing her something different, he was generating some real heat in that moment.

He turned away abruptly. And started searching through his tools. But she had caught it, It hit her hard, in a brief second she got the whole story from his eyes. She started feeling very warm all at once. Her legs felt weak. She managed to get over to the table where he worked on his boat. She said softly, stroking the wood planks on the boat, "this is amazing, quite an achievement"


Somehow it mattered to him immensely that she liked the boat and his work. He smiled and tried to be casual," Lotta work "
He was trying not to look at her. He knew by her expression she had caught what he was thinking. How the hell. He was getting out of control.
He put his head down and tried to concentrate on the boat.

" She spoke and this time her voice was slightly huskier deeper " don't you just love the way it feels when wood is sanded down…the softness." She said these words while stroking the sanded areas of the boat. He caught what she was doing and looked over her way. She looked at him. Her eyes so dark and intense her lips were slightly parted and she was flushed, her breathing was quicker. She moved over closer to him and reached out in front of him to stroke the wood he had just worked on.
His resolve was being tested. He was getting hot from her scent, the soft skin of her arm, her hair brushing his hand.

"Isabel" he said in a quiet husky voice dragging out her name while keeping his eyes on her mouth. Her knees got weak as he grabbed her by the waist and pushed her hair softly away and started kissing her neck up to her mouth. She felt she wasn't in control of her body her lips instantly parted to allow his tongue to enter. His kiss took over her mouth his tongue explored very inch of it. His kisses where passionate as if he wanted to consume her.
She was getting really warm. Then it was his hands. They started at her waist, one slowly moved up around her back supporting her while the other slide down over her rear kneading her butt and pulling her into him. His mouth slide down again heading towards her breasts, she could feel how hard he was. All she could think was "oh god he's not going to stop we are going to end up in his bed, once he finds out how wet I am for him its going to be all over, gezz he'll probably take me right here'

It took all her resolve but she pulled away from him. Panting and breathing heavy. She looked at him trembling. "No I can't, really, I can't

He looked hungry, like an animal that had its prey taken from him. He stood there watching her debating on whether he wanted to take no for an answer. This was not a "real" no. If there was one thing he knew it was that was she was responding to him her body wanted this she was yielding and melted into his arms like she was made to be there. And she was getting warm. Look at the blush in her face you could feel the heat coming off her body. And if he had gotten just a bit further there would be proof her body was lubricating the way for him to take her fully.
Then his mind took over, what was he thinking? if she wanted to stop for whatever reason he needed to do just that.

He gained his composure. His eyes looked at her searching "Isabel, there is no excuse, I not gonna say I don't want you, you know I do. I think its best if I put some distance here between us." and then he touched her face gently and said " You let me know if you need anything"
And at that he started walking toward the steps, waited for her to follow then climb the stairs to go off to their separate bedrooms.
Chapter End Notes:
This starts to get very erotic and sexy if you don't like that sort of thing please don't read. This is my first time at this, be gentle..;-)
All these characters belong to the wonderful writers of the TV series except Isabel.