- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs and Isabel go through another phase in their relationship. Isabel is trying to come to terms with it.
Morning came and she awakened slowly looking across her pillow to see blues eyes just looking over at her. Just exploring her face as if to burn the image in his memory for a later. He was on his side leaning up on his his elbow on the bed. His other hand was gentle pushing some of the hair from her face. His thumb tracing her lips. She smile dreamily just feeling the sleep leave her and enjoying looking into his beautiful eyes.
Then suddenly a thought….oh gezzzzzz. She bolted upright and jumped off the bed holding on to the sheet and leaving him naked on the bed looking up at her with concern. What?
Oh no no no no nonooooooo…you didn't? we didn't? without???

He smiled casually "No I took the necessary precautions while you were somewhat "preoccupied" he ended that sentence with a warm smile. The he said "Come back to bed, I'm catching cold" with a mischievous smile.
She looked down and it quickly occurred to her that he had an erection.

Then the guilt. Isabel had a way of beating up on herself like no other. She was a master of ruining good and happy situations in her life. And this one was certainly a good one…in fact too good not to ruin. She she started down her destructive path.

"You know Gibbs I may not be as young as some of your team members but I could still get pregnant." She said swiftly turning her back to him.

He had an unusually slow response to this as he said a drawn out "Ah huhhhh" She glanced at the mirror in front of her and saw that he was staring at her rear end which was not covered at the moment and the effect on his cock was noticeable. She quickly turned back. He was looking at her with his desire evident in his eyes. He didn't say anything he just reached up quickly and pulled her back down on the bed.

"There now you can keep talking if you wish but I'm gonna be busy doing other things" and she could feel his hands slowly moving under the sheet caressing her hip and then moving forward.
She looked at him and said "what are you doing?"
"well this is me pretending to be listening to everything you say while actually I'm concentrating on getting you aroused"

"Ok stop" she grabbed his hand. "Look last night, the bourbon…..

"So now your going to blame it on the bourbon??? he said with a broad smile as if making fun of her.
She moved away. His goal seemed like it was starting to fade.

"Yeah, yeah but I do have a few reservations about all this"

Ok he decided he should take this seriously at least until he could dispel her concerns. "Like what Izzy" he said softly with concern.

"Well Gibbs"…..

Suddenly its "Gibbs" again? he could feel her emotionally keeping him at arms length

…….this was sudden and you and I ..well we don't know each other very well. I'm not sure it should have happened really…we certainly don't love each other." She looked down at him with a bit of uncertainty.

He didn't respond he just stared at her slightly puzzled. Was she really gonna do this?

"Right?" she said as she slowly sat up in the bed looking down on him. "I mean you don't love me….she added a mock laugh as if to say thats crazy……..do you Gibbs?" …Her thoughts were going a mile a minute .oh god what was she doing!!! she was ruining everything…stop belittling it! you love him!!

No answer, just a intense look.
Then he said "you know, Lt. Walker, that's a question I'm going to have to give some thought" and he started up from the bed realizing this was not going as he would have liked.

Again on the path of destruction. "Gibbs what is there to think about..I mean its really not a complicated question."

He was getting dressed and he turned slowly towards her. "Not complicated…..you seem to find it very complicated, Isabel"
and with that he left the room to go make some coffee.

Alone in the kitchen he remembered sharply why he didn't like being in a relationship with a woman. He was angry. God why did everything have to be so complicated with them.
We had a great night couldn't she have just enjoyed what was happening between them? Does she feel that guilty? Does she really have no feelings for him? His mind went back and scan the events of the evening. Well she certainly desired him he knew that. But he wanted her to love him. He truly cared about her. Didn't she realize he wasn't the kind of guy to have something physical and not have some feelings that went along with it?
What is with her. Its best not to think about it. If thats the way she thought it might be best to pull away. He could end up getting hurt here.
Once again he suddenly wished for this case to be over.

He left the room and she was in agony. What the hell was she doing? She felt strongly for him…she loved him….. NO I won't be hurt again. Not like that. I won't survive, I really won't …..her mind kept up this dialogue.
She started to cry. The damage was done. She had felt his sweet lovemaking and she was crazy about him. How was she to protect her heart now?

He was heading back in and he heard her crying.
Now what.
Briefly his anger flared …what did he do now?
Then he saw her and his heart broke. He loved her really he did and she was struggling with her feelings for some reason. Why? Did she feel so bad about having sex with him? Did they have to tell each other they were in love before they bedded? He was at a loss. He didn't even know if he should try to console her. Maybe that's not what she wanted. He turned and went back into the kitchen with her cup.
He knew one thing. If he wanted her he'd have give her time to sort this out. Maybe she was hurt before. Maybe she needed to see he wasn't going to walk away.
He needed to do a little research.

Isabel came into the kitchen dressed and ready while Gibbs studied her she reached for the coffee and sat down. She looked sad and unsure. Gibbs decided to make it easy.
"You know Isabel it doesn't have to be this way, I enjoyed last night more than you realize, but we can put that to the side if your having difficulties and just continue getting to know each other better" and then he added smiling at his own words "I mean better in other ways…well you get my meaning"

She seem to relax. Well at least he knows she has to slow down.

Then he pulled in closer to her and scanned her face and in a whisper he said "I just want you to know your not in this alone."
He then walked into the bedroom to get ready for the day.

That day when they arrived at work Gibbs was faced with a new case and since the case Isabel had directly been a part of was dragging he decided to move on temporarily. Isabel volunteered to help since she had been good at developing straggles in the past. Gibbs thought this was too their advantage.
At this this suspect they knew where he was located. It was just a matter of flushing him out. Gibbs team stood around discussing possible scenarios. Isabel sat quietly and listened. It was not her way to jump in with possibilities especially when they were use to handling as a team and thought she might seem an intruder. After all they were pretty tight.

She just stared at the map of his location and waited. Tony felt he had it all figured out, Ziva was willing to give it a try, Tim was along for the ride and Gibbs turned to look at Isabel. Her mind was at work but she wasn't speaking.
"Isabel, any thoughts?
"Ah yes I think so. Tony's plan is good but I was thinking….. what place is this and she pointed to an area of the map a distant but good location for checking out the building the suspect was in. If this building has 4 stories it might be a good location…"

Gibbs followed her train of thought and realized what she was asking. Yes the building was a great location but they would never had thought about it since only Gibbs and Isabel could achieve a decent shot from that far away. Only she would have thought of this because of her abilities. The rest of the team would have to go in closer.
She continued "From here you could observe, and still safely take him out." The team looked at her incredulously. Tony smiled and said yeah if we all could shoot like Gibbs….
Gibbs gave him a look and Tony said "sorry boss, I just meant…."
But before he could finish Isabel said "Yes your right but maybe I could take that spot just in case something goes sideways?"

Gibbs understood. This suspect was slippery. They had a handle on him before and he escaped. Why take extra precautions. He knew there was a great chance they would not need her. It also sat well with him that she would be so far away from the action.

"Ok lets combine the two and Isabel you can take that location"
Quickly they were off for the site.

Isabel found her location to be exactly what she was looking for. A clear view far from where the suspect was located but close enough to watch and get a clear view of him. The other parts of the team weren't having as much luck. There posts were surrounded by trees and other obstacles so they had to move in close.
Isabel could see the action from a far. Before she could let them know the suspect had come out of the building by a side door and came up on Ziva from behind. He must have had military training because he was good he caught her by surprise and disarmed her. The others were on top of him in seconds but now he had Ziva and they were told to put their weapons down or else he would kill her.

Isabel saw this mission had gone awry as she had suggested it might.
Gibbs knew Isabel was the only one who would have the shot but he wasn't sure if she was this good. It would be very risky and he wasn't asking her to take it. Besides in order to get this guy he needed to be distracted and he didn't like that idea. It would certainly put her in harms way.
He wouldn't chance that. He thought, Isabel stand down we'll handle this.

Isabel thought she could take it but felt she should be just a bit closer. She saw a landing with a good perspective. She took it.
When she got there she thought, yes from here she could take it. She stood up in plain view, she need to distract him it was risky but she was fast.
She yelled. The man looked up and shot her way, but she was quicker and he fell releasing Ziva.

They all stood their contemplating their next move with this guy who had a gun to Ziva, each one trying to figure out quickly how to disarm him. He had them all in front of him with their guns on the ground ready to take Ziva with him as a hostage. Suddenly they heard a cry out and then just as quickly there was a shot and the guy hit the ground. The team couldn't get over the accuracy of the shot but didn't say much and waited for Gibbs response. After all no one else but he could have done that. Ziva was a little shaken but naturally relieved.
Gibbs was quiet. Not a good sign. He watched as they called Ducky to the scene and packed up and left.

Isabel came down to the scene. She realized she had successful but at the same time Gibbs wasn't informed before hand of that little move she did standing up and allowing herself to be a target. She feared this would be an issue. But he must have known there would be some risk.

Gibbs came up to her and said abruptly "Can I have a word with you Lt. Walker?"

So it was Lt. Walker was it. This won't be good. Isabel followed him to a remote spot.

"Can you tell me what it was about "stay in this location and shoot from here" you don't understand? he said with some anger.

"The situations seems to demand a different action Agent Gibbs so I took it"

"You are not one of my team, Lt. Walker, therefore I expect that you will not take any action without my approval. Is that clear?" his anger was evident.

She had saved a life here. One of his team who he holds so dearly. What was his problem? She decided to pursue this further.

"You are right Agent Gibbs I am not on your team. Therefore I do not take orders from you, it is a courtesy that I do. I have a license for this gun and there was a man ready to shoot someone. I decided to save a life. That was all."

"Yes and you put your life in danger as well, that could have backfired you realize? You could have been shot!" he was in her face and fuming.

"Well then …she continued…while he was shooting me I would have hoped you would have picked up your gun and shot him, or Ziva would get away or one of your other team would shoot him…so many things could have happened..believe me I took them into account…but there is one thing I knew for sure Agent Gibbs before taking that action, I knew without a doubt I would shoot him before he reached anyone else." And with that she walked away, calmly and self assured. She got it. She knew what this was about. He loved her.

If there was anything the team knew about Isabel it was that she was smart and she had one hell of an aim.
Ziva thanked her quietly when they got back and Isabel returned with "there is no doubt in my mind you would have done the same." Ziva said "your right, but maybe not from that distance…"and then smiled.

Gibbs let her go. There was no use. She was right. He was being protective and she did one hellava job and she saved Ziva. But he was still upset.
Then he had a thought and smiled…maybe he could have make-up sex…..his smile grew.

The rest of the day was about filling out reports and so it went without a hitch. Every once in a while he'd look over at Isabel and a flash of last nights performance would go through his head.
He would have to shake it from his mind for two reasons.
One was that its stopped him from remembering what he was doing and the other was that the front of his pants would get tight and he hoped he wouldn't have to stand up.
Man she was hot last night. He remembered her taste, the way she looked when he was pleasing her, her moans, the feel of her skin, her naked and the way she took charge of him after tying him up.
Gotta stop thinking…really gotta stop thinking.

Isabel was thinking her own thoughts. It amusing once she realized this was about his protective feelings for her.
BUSTED But then the issue still remained, was this man going to break her heart. It was always safer though when you knew his heart was at risk as well.
Chapter End Notes:
This is part of a very sexually explicit story although this part isn't so overtly sexy the majority is so once again if you don't like Steamy sex scene and explicit sexual descriptions please don't read.
I'm new if you'd like more things like this let me know.
Non of these characters are mine all of them belong to the wonderful writers of the show except Isabel.