- Text Size +
Part 4: I’ll Hold You For A Million Years

“I’ll be back in a couple of hours,” Tony shouted from the door. “You sure you don’t need anything else?”

“Yes, I’m sure, Tony.” Gibbs rolled his eyes from where he was straddling the main beam of the roof. He needed to finish patching that roof as soon as he could manage. It looked like rain clouds were about to roll in; if he didn’t get it done he’d have a leaky house to deal with and he had no intentions of letting that happen. He looked down the front side of the roof, barely catching a glimpse of the motorcycle that Tony had bought from some guy in town and fixed up himself. “You sure that bike would hold?”

“Gibbs.” Tony sighed exasperatedly. “It’ll hold. Stop worrying. I spent a month working on it!”

“That’s what you said the last time.” Gibbs arched a brow. He recalled having the same conversion the week before and Tony had vouched that the bike “was purring like a kitten.” Until it broke down halfway into town. Tony had stubbornly pushed it all the way there, after which he’d called Gibbs to pick him�"and the bike�"up, instead of turning around and heading back to the house. Needless to say, Gibbs was less than thrilled about that when he showed up in the old pickup.

It wasn’t that Gibbs minded going into the small town to fetch Tony. He was just… worried. Their pasts and issues aside, Tony had been an exemplary… roommate. He cooked and cleaned when it was his turn, and helped Gibbs with fixing up the place. They had begun to talk, getting to know each other again. Some things were familiar, some not, and it had been… nice. Easy, comfortable. Enjoyable, even.

Sure there were bad days and Tony had been getting on Gibbs’ nerves more often than not. Tony still had the occasional nightmares and flashbacks and Gibbs had his good days and bad days, but they got each other through, one day at a time.

And if Gibbs was truthful with himself, he liked Tony keeping him company. He liked the way Tony sometimes tried to cheer him up. At the same time, Tony was about the only person that could tolerate his taciturn nature, and be perfectly fine with just enjoying the silence between them. He never asked, never pushed, and was content just to be around Gibbs.

Gibbs sometimes wondered why, but he didn’t want to push Tony either.

“Fine. Just don’t stick around town for too long. Rain’s coming in, you wouldn’t wanna get soaked,” Gibbs said, finally, reminding Tony about impending weather.

“Aye, aye, Gunny,” Tony said jokingly, referring to Gibbs’ rank for his commanding tone.

“Damn right.” Gibbs grinned from the roof as he watched Tony hop on the bike and speed away, leaving a plume of dust in his wake.

---

“No! I’m serious, Manuel!” Tony grinned at the middle-aged man behind the counter. “I’m telling you, Michigan doesn’t stand a chance this year! My Buckeyes are going to kick their asses.”

“Yeah, right, Tony. You just keep telling yourself that.” Manuel snorted.

“You wanna bet on that?” Tony wiggled his eyebrows, allowing his grin to widen. Manuel was local, but had left home to study in the big city and eventually ended up in the States for his graduate studies and then work. When his mother took ill a few years ago, Manuel decided it was time to take early retirement and come home, and had been running the local hardware store ever since. Tony had become a frequent customer of Manuel’s even before getting that motorcycle, picking up supplies and parts for Gibbs’ renovations and other projects.

Manuel muttered something in Spanish and rolled his eyes. “No way, Jose. I’ve learned my lesson. Never bet with you or with Gibbs. I’m neither crazy nor rich.”

“C’mon, I’m not that bad.” Tony spread his arms innocently, but his eyes shone with a mischievous glint that meant nothing but trouble.

“You’re not bad. You’re just crazy.” Manuel pointed his finger at Tony, a smirk playing at the corner of his mouth. “And my mother taught me well�"never bet with ‘una chico loco’. Y que estás loco.”

Tony let out a hearty laugh at that.

“You should get going.” Manuel handed Tony the bag with the parts he wanted. “It’s gonna rain soon. You don’t want to get caught in it. I’ll give you a call at the house next week when the rest of the parts come in.”

“Sí, mama,” Tony quipped with a grin and quickly sidestepped so Manuel couldn’t smack his head. “I’ll see you next week.”

“Brat.” Manuel shook his head with a smile. “Say ‘hi’ to Gibbs for me.”

“Will do!” Tony put up his hand for a small wave as he headed out the door.

---

Tony was about three miles from the house when the engine began to sputter, then finally fell silent with a loud bang.

“What the hell!” Tony tried to restart the bike, but the engine simply refused to cooperate. “Didn’t I just fix you two days ago?”

Great. He was in the middle of nowhere with a broken-down motorcycle and bags full of food and supplies. He couldn’t exactly call Gibbs to pick him up this time, since he didn’t have a cell phone anymore�"why keep one if there was no cell service around anyway?

Tony sighed. He was going to have to push the bike back then. It was only three miles. How bad could it be?

When he felt the drop of wetness on the tip of his nose, the first thing that went through Tony’s mind was, “you’ve got to be kidding me!”

But then Gibbs did warn him about the weather after all, so it really was his own fault that his bike broke down�"again�"and that he didn’t have enough time to get it back to the house before it really started to pour, because he lingered at the market for too long after leaving Manuel’s.

“Should’ve taken the truck.” Sighing resignedly to his fate, Tony resumed pushing the hunk of steel and all of the supplies back towards the house as the rain began to fall.

Tony didn’t mind the rain; he thought it was rather enjoyable once in a while to get soaked right down to the bone, as if the stress of his job would just melt away with the rain�"just not on a day where the daytime high was no more than sixty and all he had on were a light jacket and a t-shirt underneath. Tony shivered as a gust of wind blew past him.

“I better not get sick.” Tony scowled at his motorcycle. “Or Gibbs is gonna kick my ass for having to babysit me.”

---

Gibbs had decided to continue building the extra dresser for Tony in the workshop after he’d finished with the roof. Tony needed some room for his stuff now that he was pretty much settled in. He smiled as he ran his hands over the smooth top of the mostly finished piece, sanded down to a fine, satin finish. He’d made it with beech to match all of the other furniture, and all that was left to do was fitting the drawers then a couple coats of varnish to seal.

If he closed his eyes he could see in his mind the bright smile on the younger man’s face when he had told Tony about it. Gibbs had become fascinated by the way he could make Tony’s day by doing the smallest thing. Cooking a favorite dish, pouring him a mug of coffee in the morning just as he was getting out of the shower, making sure that they head into town in time to watch OSU games on Manuel’s satellite TV… And in turn, Tony would give Gibbs one of these incandescent smiles, which Gibbs treasured dearly.

He wanted Tony to be happy. He wasn’t quite sure why he felt so compelled to make the younger man happy, just that he did.

Somewhere in the back of his mind, inside the cluster of broken bits and pieces of what was left of his memory, he knew he’d always been close to Tony. The kind of trust he saw in Tony’s eyes every time he turned to face him could only have come from years of having each other’s six.

He thought back to what Manuel said two weeks before when Gibbs went to pick up the wood for the dresser and ended up chatting with over a few beers.

“So what’s the new project?” Manuel was curious. He had known that Gibbs was good with his hands, particularly with wood. The man had bought a shack and turned it into a castle�"new siding, new roof, an extension to the side, a workshop and most of the furniture in the house. He had even helped Gibbs on occasion when he wasn’t busy.

“New dresser for Tony.” Gibbs grinned. “His stuff is taking over my living room.”

“He asked you to?”

“Nah, I offered.” Gibbs shrugged. “He needed the space, and I happened to know how. He’s sleeping on my couch, it’s the least I could do.”

“So you’re building a dresser for him, just like that?” Manuel looked a bit surprised but quickly recovered.

“Yeah.” Gibbs glared at the man. “So? Ya got a problem with that?”

“Nope, not at all. But, you know, if I don’t know better I’d say you’re in love.” the Mexican arched an eyebrow, pointing his beer bottle at Gibbs. “The way you talk about that boy.”

“What are you talking about?” Gibbs frowned.

“You.” Manuel nodded towards Gibbs. “And Tony. The way you two act around each other? If I didn’t know the two of you, I’d say you two were in love.”

Gibbs’ eyes widened at Manuel’s words.

“You’ve never even noticed, have you?” Manuel shook his head, laughing and muttering something in Spanish. “You are a smart man, Gibbs, but sometimes, you can be really dense.”

“Never said I was bright,” Gibbs grumbled. Truth be told, Gibbs did feel some raw attraction towards the younger man, but he’d pushed it down, pretending it wasn’t there. He didn’t what to do with it, so he chose to ignore it. “And how did you know…?” Gibbs never told anyone about his sexuality. Shannon knew, but they were happily married and it hadn’t come up in years.

“That you bat for both sides? Mi amigo! What, do you think I’m from the boonies?” Manuel made a sound of pure exasperation. “And for the record, I’m perfectly okay with it. In fact, I think you should get your head out of your ass and go do something about this thing between the two of you.”

“What ‘thing’? We don’t have a ‘thing’. Tony’s not… not like me,” Gibbs said dejectedly, remembering the looks that Tony had been getting from all the girls in town and how he flirted with them. Gibbs might not remember it, but he could imagine how popular Tony must be back in DC. “And we are in the boonies.”

“Seriously, Gibbs. You’ve never noticed how that boy looks at you? He worships the ground you walk on!” Manuel gestured wildly with his free hand as he said.

“What he worships is who I was, not who I am.” Gibbs sighed. “I’m a very different man now.”

“Just hear me out, okay? Give that boy a chance. If I’m right�"and you know I’m rarely wrong�"he loves you. Probably has for a long time.”

“What if I can’t give him what he wants? I’m just an old, washed up retired marine who apparently used to build boats in his basement. What could I possibly offer him?” Gibbs brought his free hand up to rub against his face, feeling a bit anxious and frustrated.

“He came to find you, knowing that you don’t even remember much about him. And he stayed here, in the middle of fucking nowhere for three months, doing nothing except helping you with your renovations. Doesn’t that tell you something? He doesn’t need anything else. What he needs is you!” Manuel sighed.

Maybe Manuel was right. Maybe they did have feelings for each other. Maybe that was why he was standing there trying to decide what kind of handles to put on the dresser.

Maybe that was why he wanted Tony to be happy.

The sound of heavy rain hitting the awning woke Gibbs from his thoughts. He took a look at his watch and was surprised at how late it was.

And the house was too quiet.

“Tony? Ya back yet?” Gibbs called out as he dusted himself off with a rag and became worried when he received no reply. Tony should’ve been back an hour ago. “Tony?”

Gibbs was about to head out looking for him, when he heard the sound of someone coming up the front porch. He yanked the door open, only to find a dripping-wet Tony leaning against the doorframe. His body was shivering furiously from the cold, and his teeth clattered as he spoke.

“He…ey… Gibbs…” Tony managed a small smile. “The bike… broke… down again… on my way… back… had to push… it…”

“Jesus Christ, Tony, you’re soaking wet!” Gibbs grabbed Tony by the shoulder and steered him into the house, completely ignoring the mud that they were tracking all over the floor as they made their way towards the bathroom. As soon as they got to the bathroom, Gibbs turned the faucet to get the hot water flowing and began stripping Tony out of his clothes, leaving and ignoring the wet mess on the floor. He couldn’t help the curses when his hand came in contact with Tony’s bare arms. “Goddammit Tony, you’re ice cold! Didn’t I tell you not to take the bike?”

“Sorry… Boss…” Tony said through clattering teeth. “Won’t… happen… again.”

“Ah, hell, Tony.” Gibbs helped Tony out of his pants and underwear then cupped his face with one hand. “I’m not mad. I’m worried. I don’t want you to get sick, alright?”

“So you won’t… have to… babysit… me?” Tony smiled weakly.

“Exactly. Now get under that spray.” pushing a nude Tony into the shower, Gibbs gave the shivering man a glare but there was no heat in his voice. “And don’t come out until you’re completely warmed from head to toe. Got it?”

Tony nodded shakily as the hot water beat down on his chilled body.

“I’ll go put on the kettle and make some tea,” Gibbs said as he turned to leave the bathroom, averting his eyes to avoid looking at Tony’s body and the way the water was flowing down those hard planes. He gulped down the urge to peek, telling himself that it wasn’t the right time to think about these things.

Gibbs put the kettle on, before going about cleaning the floors as he waited for the water to boil. He heard the shower stop and couple of minutes later, Tony emerged from the hallway that led to the bathroom, dressed in a heavy pair of sweats and a hoodie from OSU, drying his hair with a small towel.

“Put some socks on,” Gibbs ordered after taking one quick look at the man’s bare feet. He turned the stove off, poured the boiling water into a mug with a teabag in it and offered it Tony when the younger man came back. He nodded approvingly at the thick socks on Tony’s feet. “Ya alright?”

“Still cold, but I’ll be fine.” Tony sipped the tea slowly, careful not to burn his tongue.

“Go sit down, you look like you could keel over any minute.” Gibbs stared at Tony until he complied, then made his way to the living room after making another mug of tea for himself. He would’ve preferred coffee, but it was going to take some time to brew and he wanted keep an eye on Tony. Gibbs watched as Tony grabbed a book he’d started reading a few days ago and curled up on the couch before sitting down next to Tony with some crossword puzzles.

It was a while later, as his mind drifted with thoughts, that Gibbs felt a slight weight on his shoulder. He looked over to find Tony fast asleep leaning on him with an almost empty mug in one hand. The book had tumbled out Tony’s other hand, lying forgotten on the couch.

“Tony? Hey? Ya wanna lie down?” Gibbs removed the mug and placed it on the coffee table before patting Tony’s face lightly, trying to wake him up so he could get horizontal and comfortable. Unable to resist the urge to run his fingers through Tony’s hair, Gibbs reached up to brush some loose strands of hair out of his face before moving his hand to feel Tony’s forehead. “Hey, Tony, wake up. You felt a bit warm. Let’s get you in bed, okay?”

Tony’s eyes fluttered open, unfocused. He made a sound of distress, rubbing his face on Gibbs’ shoulder before he slinked an arm around Gibbs’ neck and buried his face into the small space between Gibbs’ shoulder and the couch. Gibbs sighed, shaking his head and feeling torn between amusement and worry at the younger man’s antics.

“C’mon, up you go. You’ll be more comfortable in a bed.” Gibbs snaked his arm around Tony’s back, hauling the man up and half-dragged Tony towards his bedroom. Once Tony had settled down on the bed under covers, Gibbs sat down next to him.

Tony was a bit restless in his sleep; his hand gripped Gibbs’ shirt, tight, as if clutching at something.

“What am I going to do with you?” Gibbs asked with a sigh.

---

Gibbs woke with a start, surrounded by darkness. He wasn’t sure what woke him, but he could feel that something was wrong.

He could also feel a body plastered against his, warm and heavy, like an electric blanket.

Tony.

Tony had a low-grade fever, he remembered, and he had dragged Tony to his bed so the younger man could lie down comfortably. He must’ve fallen asleep at some point, watching over Tony.

Reaching up instinctively to feel Tony’s forehead, Gibbs was relieved to find it had cooled to a more or less normal temperature.

Gibbs sighed contently at the weight of Tony’s body half on top of him. It felt nice. Felt right, like it was meant to be. It was something he hadn’t had since Shannon died, and he missed it. It was oddly familiar but at the same time completely different, the chiseled lines and hard planes instead of the soft, yielding curves.

This was what he’d been missing since he came to Mexico, Gibbs realized. It was the same feeling he had when he returned home from every tour, falling into Shannon’s wide-open arms.

Having Tony here in his arms…felt like coming home.

Brushing a few loose strands of hair away from Tony’s forehead, Gibbs studied his face. Tony’s face, like the rest of his body, had been well tanned into a light olive complexion instead of a burnt red, thanks to his Italian roots. It was a much healthier shade than the pasty, sickly paleness when Tony first showed up at the beach house.

He stilled his hand momentarily when Tony let out a small whimper and didn’t move it until he was sure Tony was still sound asleep.

Tony didn’t look younger or older in sleep. Just quieter, calmer and more relaxed. It felt like all was right with the world when he was asleep. Gibbs couldn’t help the hand that ended up threading through Tony’s thick hair and cupping his face. Rubbing Tony’s sun-kissed cheek with his thumb, Gibbs smiled before leaning in to peck a small kiss to Tony’s temple.

He was about to extract himself from Tony’s hold when the younger man began to shake and twitch.

“No…” Tony whined, his eyes tightly shut. “Stay with me, Gibbs!”

“Tony, I just need to get a drink of water,” Gibbs said evenly, running his hand through Tony’s hair again to try and calm him down.

“No!” Tony’s arm began to thrash, hands scrabbling and clawing, trying to get a hold of something. “Please! You can’t!”

“Tony? What’s wrong?” Gibbs grabbed hold of Tony’s arms, locking the man in his own arms so Tony wouldn’t hurt himself banging his arms against the headboard and drawers.

“Don’t do this to me, Gibbs!” Tony let out a low wail. “Come on…!”

Nightmare, Gibbs realized, remembering the nights he woke to the sound of Tony tossing and turning and whimpering in his sleep on the couch. But it felt different, some how; Tony’s reaction to the nightmare felt stronger. Gibbs took Tony by the shoulders as he always did and began to shake him, patting him on the cheeks at the same time. “Hey! Tony! Wake up!”

“Gibbs?” Tony’s eyes snapped open, his face less than an inch from Gibbs’ own.

“Hey!” Gibbs breathed a sigh of relief.

“You’re alive…? Thank God.” Tony’s voice was shaking, his eyes wide with relief and still slightly unfocused. He cupped Gibbs’ face with his palms, leaned in so their foreheads were almost touching before he closed the last bit of distance and kissed Gibbs.

---

“Gibbs?” Tony stood in a room. It was dark, but he recognized the place. It was Gibbs’ house and it was bare. “Gibbs? Where are you?”

There was no answer. He heard a sound, up the stairs, so he followed it, stopping just outside of Gibbs’ bedroom. He turned the handle, the pushed it open. “Gibbs?”

The glare of sun stunned him momentarily. He was back on that rooftop, and he could see himself, standing behind Gibbs, covering his six. He wanted to get closer; he wanted to warn them. Warn them about Ari. But there was an invisible wall in front of him, stopping him. He screamed at the top of his lungs, but no one seemed to hear him. He slammed his fist into the invisible wall and watched as Kate went down, and then the whole place went back. The wall in front of him disappeared, and he stumbled over his own feet only to find that he was in the darkened hallway inside a ship.

Gibbs. He had to get to Gibbs to warn him. Warn him about the bomb!

But it was too late. He was knocked back by a giant explosion into a wall.

A flash, and then he was back in DC, at the Yard, trapped under debris. He began to fight it, trying like hell to move the pieces that lay on top of him. By some miracle he was able to get free, crawling and dragging his injured leg. The pain was unbearable but he had to find Gibbs.

Underneath another pile of debris, Tony saw a gleam of silver. He scrambled over.

“Oh God. Gibbs!” Tony patted Gibbs on the face. “Gibbs! Wake up!”

The older man’s face was covered in blood, but his eyes blinked open, looking at Tony through unfocused eyes. A few moments later they shut again.

“No…” Tony began to shake Gibbs’ shoulders gently, not wanting to aggravate any injuries. “Stay with me, Gibbs!”

He threw himself at the debris, trying to get it loose so he could get Gibbs out. He could feel Gibbs’ breathing slow down.

“No!” Tony shouted as he busied himself with moving the pieces. “Please! You can’t!”
You can’t die. Not like this.

He finally got enough out of the way to pull Gibbs out from underneath. The older man was wheezing air, barely breathing.

“Don’t do this to me, Gibbs!” Tony screamed, bending down to listen to his heart and breathing. “Come on!”


Tony felt someone shaking him. He was shivering, but he wasn’t sure if it was because of the cold or the fear and anxiety lodged in his throat. He looked up and saw Gibbs.

“Gibbs?” Tony asked shakily, reaching for his face. He was okay. Gibbs was okay. Thank God. “You’re alive?”

Tony held Gibbs by his face, leaned in and kissed him. “Thank God.”

Gibbs was in shock, but only for a brief second. Tony’s lips were soft and full and eager, and Gibbs couldn’t resist pressing ever so slightly into Tony, taking charge and wanting more. The kiss was electrifying, stimulating Gibbs in a way he never experienced before.

He knew he probably should stop Tony and push him away, but he couldn’t. Not after he had admitted to himself about his feelings. Not after he was finally ready to do something about it. Kissing Tony was like nothing he’d experienced before, and he was in awe at how Tony opened up to him when his tongue silently asked for entrance.

Tony had half expected Gibbs to pull away; it was a dream after all. In his dreams Gibbs never kissed him, but the sensation felt all too real. It took Tony a while to realize that it wasn’t a dream.

Not-dream Gibbs was insistent, swiping his tongue over Tony’s lips, demanding entry. It was all Tony could do in his nightmare-addled state to simply let go and let the other man take over, his hand sliding down to rest on Gibbs’ muscled chest.

When they finally broke away, Tony protested with a tiny moan at the loss as his chest heaved, trying to pull air into his lungs. He staring into Gibbs’ blue depths, searching, afraid of what he might find�"disgust, annoyance. Instead, all he saw was longing and happiness, mixed in with…desire?

Tony ducked his head, slightly embarrassed, but Gibbs would have none of that. He tilted Tony’s head back up with a finger. “Hey, it’s alright.”

“I’m sorry, Gibbs. I don’t know why I did that…well, actually I do. I thought you were dead, in that nightmare… It’s never been this bad before�"” Tony tensed up and began to babble, but was forced to stop when Gibbs once again pressed their lips together as he cupped the back of Tony’s neck, bringing the younger man closer. Gibbs could feel the tension bled away from Tony’s body as he melted against Gibbs, giving up control, letting Gibbs take over.

As Gibbs swept his tongue over the roof of Tony’s mouth, Tony began to respond to him, shyly at first then with more eagerness and hunger. Gibbs backed off slightly, keeping it slow and comforting, gently caressing Tony’s tongue with his own.

“Ssh… It’s okay.” Gibbs let his hand wander down Tony’s back, stroking him gently as one would with a cat, feeling Tony relax completely. He sank back down to the bed, pulling Tony to plaster against his side, and wrapped an arm around Tony. “Rest. I’ll be right here.”

It didn’t take long for Tony to fall back asleep. The next thing he knew he was waking up, still snuggled against Gibbs’ side, but the older man was observing him, soft blue eyes adoring and mirthful.

The rain from the night before had turned into one of those rare winter storms. The winds were howling outside, and the sky was overtaken by roaring, angry clouds. Torrential rain was loud against the roof and siding of the house, but inside, within Gibbs’ arms it was safe and warm.

“Mornin’, sleepy head,” Gibbs said as he cupped Tony’s cheek and kissed the top of Tony’s head.

“Morning,” Tony yawned. He was so warm and comfortable there in Gibbs’ arms he didn’t want to get up. He’d expected awkwardness, but it hadn’t felt that way. It felt…right. “What time is it?”

“Oh-nine-hundred,” Gibbs arched an eyebrow. “What? You’ve got somewhere to be?”

“Nope,” Tony let his head sink back down to rest on Gibbs’ shoulder. “Just curious.”

“Good,” Gibbs’ hand returned to stroke Tony’s back again, and Tony responded with a moan that sounded almost like a cat purring. Gibbs couldn’t help the single amused chuckle that escaped his lips. “How’re you feeling?”

“Not too bad,” Tony yawned again as he answered, rubbing his cheek against Gibbs’s t-shirt, a finger lazily drawing circles on the solid chest underneath. “I know you don’t like apologies, but I’m sorry,” Tony said after a while, sounding slightly sheepish. “About yesterday.”

“For what?” Gibbs lifted his head slightly to stare at the top of Tony’s head. He couldn’t quite understand what Tony had to be sorry for�"was it about the kiss? Gibbs felt himself tense up slightly.

“For not listening to your advice. I was really hoping that the bike would hold up. Instead I made a mess that you had to clean up, and then got myself sick so you had to babysit me…” Tony said quietly, voice trailing off.

“So you’re still okay with the kiss?” Gibbs needed to know, but he kept his tone light and teasing. He didn’t think he’d read Tony wrong, but stranger things had been known to happen. His hand wandered down Tony’s flank to his hip, letting his fingers massage teasingly the tiny bit of exposed skin.

Tony didn’t answer. He’d been secretly in love with Gibbs for a long time, lusting after the man for even longer. It was the reason why he broke down after Gibbs had left, and the real reason why he ended up at Gibbs’ front door when he had nowhere else to go.

Gibbs was the only one that ever mattered to him.

The barely there pressure of Gibbs’ fingers was lighting fires up and down his body, making him hard in seconds, and he was sure Gibbs felt it. He was afraid to speak, not trusting himself to form coherent sentences. Instead, he opted to simply nod his agreement, and Gibbs could tell that he was blushing furiously by the pink in his ear and neck that was showing through the tanned skin.

“Does that mean you wouldn’t mind more?” Gibbs couldn’t help teasing Tony, making him beet red from the neck up. He could feel Tony’s morning erection grow harder, and felt himself respond to it. Gibbs shifted slightly so he could bury his face into the crook of Tony’s neck and breath in deep. He could smell the minty scent of Tony’s soap, lingering from previous day’s shower, mixed in with something else that was uniquely Tony.

The combination of Tony’s pliant body and his intoxicating scent, as well as both their arousals was almost too much. Gibbs growled low, then pushed Tony flat on his back before rolling over so he was lying on top of Tony.

“God, Gibbs.” Tony sighed as their erections rubbed together through their shorts.

“Jethro.” Gibbs corrected him, rolling his hips slightly and making Tony moan. “Last chance to back out, Tony.”

“No.” Tony shook his head like his life depended on it. He grabbed for Gibbs, pulling the older man down by his neck and back. “No stopping.”

Permission granted, Gibbs closed the last bit of distance and kissed Tony again, claiming his mouth, his body, his soul. Gibbs dominated Tony’s mouth, kissing him deep, sucking the other man’s tongue into his own mouth. Moving from Tony’s lips, Gibbs nibbled at his stubbled chin, up his jaw, until he got to the spot just under the ear. Tony bucked, moaning softly at the nips the older man teased him with.

“More,” Tony begged. “Want more. Jethro…”

“I know, Tony. I know. Me too,” Gibbs sat back on his haunches, pulled off both of their t-shirts. Lifting his hips up slightly and letting his knees bear some of the weight, he pushed his shorts out of the way before doing the same with Tony’s. They both sighed contently as Gibbs pressed his hips back down and their cocks brushed against each other.

The dark skies outside brightened suddenly with a bolt of lightning, the clash of roaring thunder followed in its wake, and Gibbs could feel the same kind of electricity flowing out his hands, through Tony’s body and coming right back into himself through his dick.

He rolled again, back onto the bed, but on his side this time, pulling Tony with him. No longer needing to hold himself up, Gibbs snaked a free hand between them, taking both their erections into his hand in a firm grip.

Tony busied himself with touching every inch of Gibbs’ skin, moaning and growling as he did so, and thrust himself in time with Gibbs’ strokes. With Tony so responsive to his touches, it was all Gibbs could do to not come right there and then.

Another flash of lightning, and Gibbs could feel his own orgasm approach as the electric pulse that was flowing between him and Tony sped up. He dipped his head forward onto Tony’s shoulder, latching back a pulse point and feeling the smooth skin under his lips as he grazed his teeth over it, working it.

“Fuck!” Tony cried out when Gibbs added a twist at the top to his strokes as thunder rumbled at a distance. He was close. Gibbs could feel Tony’s length twitch in his hand as Tony’s fingers found their way into Gibbs’ hair, gripping lightly as the younger man held on.

“God, Tony. So good. You feel so good.” Gibbs gasped out, taking Tony’s mouth and kissing him hard. He groaned into the kiss when Tony tightened the grip on his hair ever so slightly.

“Come on. Come for me,” Gibbs whispered into Tony’s ear when their lips parted and felt the man shudder against him. Tony came with a strained groan a few moments later, spilling over Gibbs hand as Gibbs sped up and came as well.

For a while, they simply lay there, on their sides and facing each other, their chests heaving and breaths stuttering. Tony moaned softly against Gibbs’ skin when he rolled onto his back, hauling Tony close and tucking the younger man to his side once more. “Mmm…”

“Hmm?” Gibbs arched an eyebrow, lifting his head slightly to fix Tony with an inquiring look.

“That was…” Tony paused, trying to come up with a word, but had to settle with a “wow.”

Gibbs gave a soft snort, smiling as he plopped his head back down. “Yeah, I know.”

“I never knew you felt that way…” Tony said quietly, casting his gaze low, watching his fingers as they played with the hair on Gibbs’ chest. “About me.”

“Didn’t realize it until recently myself,” Gibbs replied, sounding almost apologetic as he ran his fingers through Tony’s hair. “But I’m glad I did.”

“Sounds like we’ve got lots to talk about.” Tony raised his head, resting his chin on Gibbs’ shoulder with a small smile.

“We do, huh?” Gibbs chuckled, the vibration from his chest making Tony’s smile grow into something incandescent. “Well, we’ve got all the time in the world.”