- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva-related, per request.
Part 2

AN: This one-shot was written in response to a request for a story about Ziva.

The director looked at the request which had been placed on his desk. He had every excuse to deny it. But for some reason, he was not sure he should. He had picked up the piece of paper and had put it down at least a dozen times. He shook his head, frustrated at his own indecision, when he heard a knock on the door. He was very glad to see a friendly face. He really, really needed one right now.

"Is this business or personal?"

"It depends." His visitor said, studying him closely. "Do you…What's going on?"

Tony shook his head as Abby took a seat in front of his desk. He passed the piece of paper over to her to read.

"It's okay for me to read this?" Abby asked. "This is not some super-secret director stuff is it?"

Tony shook his head and smiled.

Abby read the page and headed it back across the desk. "What does she want? What could she possibly want?"

Tony shook his head and they both sat in silence for a few moments, each trying to figure what it could mean.

"So, do you even know where she is, what's going on?" Abby asked.

Tony shook his head. He had intentionally not wanted to find out anything. He just knew she had been sentenced to a federal prison for a term of 50 years. He, hoped, with any luck, that she would die in prison, or if she didn't, he would be dead long before she got out.

"I never wanted to know, Abby." Tony shook his head again.

"Maybe she wants to apologize."

"Maybe she wants to try again." Tony stated.

"Maybe she wants to congratulate you on your promotion."

"Maybe she wants to take me out." Tony reiterated.

"Maybe she wants to see that you're okay." Abby countered.

"Maybe she wants to sharpen her assassin skills and…."

"What are you going to do?" Abby asked, interrupting.

Tony could not believe Ziva had had the nerve to request to see him. In that moment he made up his mind. He checked the box on the form that said 'Request Denied.' He then signed the form and returned it to its envelope.

THE END