- Text Size +
Chapter 20

AN: I thank you all so much for your support and comments. I have been told I didn’t really have to end this story. I could just treat it as an “ongoing saga.” I kind of like that idea. I have to warn you though, this chapter will cause tooth decay.


Tony opened his eyes when he felt the tiny hand in his. He had a visitor, a little girl with a huge teddy bear in her arms. Tony had been brought out of sedation a few days ago, but was still tired and sore. He took catnaps whenever he could. Between the nurses on the floor and PT getting him up to exercise, he was exhausted. But there was one good thing. At least his condition had improved enough for him to leave the ICU.

“Alison.” Tony said, recognizing her immediately. “Hello, Sweetheart.”

Alison smiled broadly. She raised her arms to him to be picked up. She was still holding on to the teddy bear.

Tony looked over her head to her dad and he picked his little girl up and deposited her on the bed beside Tony.

It was only then that Alison noticed that there were other people in the room. She got really shy and quiet.

Jason apologized profusely as he reached to take his daughter off Tony’s bed. “We were here for a checkup. She...Alison asked about Dr. Tony.” Jason smiled. “One of the nurses told her that you were sick. She’s been asking to come see you…”

Tony nodded stopped him. “It’s okay. I’m glad you came. These guys are my friends.”

Alison and Jason nodded as Tony introduced Team Gibbs, Abby and Ducky. “Alison was a patient of mine a few weeks ago.” Tony said by way of introduction.

Alison turned to Tony and handed him her Teddy bear. “Teddy always makes me feel better.”

Tony took the bear from her and smiled. “You’re giving me your bear.”

Alison shyly shook her head, but didn’t say anything.

Tony nodded, understanding completely. “I’ll tell you what. How about I borrow ‘Teddy’ for a little while, just until I feel better? Then…then I’ll give him back. How about that?” Tony asked. “I promise I’ll take really good care of him.”

Alison smiled. “Teddy likes chocolate chip cookies.”

“He does? Me too.” Tony replied hugging the bear to his chest. “I think we’ll get along great. Thank you.”

“You welcome, Dr. Tony.” Alison said as she gave Tony a hug.

Jason stepped in that this point. “Alison, how about we let Dr. Tony get some rest. We’ll come back and see him another day.”

Alison nodded and held her arms out to her father to be picked up. He picked her up, thanked Tony. They then said their goodbyes and left.


NCIS NCIS NCIS NCIS


“That famous DiNozzo charm in action?” Rosa Gorman, RN asked peeking her head in the door as Jason and Alison left the room. She was followed by Karen, and a couple other ER nurses. They had all decided to stop by and see their favorite doctor.

“Ladies.” Tony said, smiling

“Yep, there it is, in all its glory.” Karen said as she walked into the room smiling. “No woman is immune.” She said, pretending to swoon.

“Hello, agents.” Karen said addressing Gibbs, Kate and Tim. “Abby…Mr. Mallard, it‘s good to see you again.” The other nurses nodded in agreement.

“Aww, that’s sweet.” Rosa said, spotting the teddy bear lying on the bed. “A present from little Miss Alison?”

Tony nodded.

“The big bad federal agent with a teddy bear?” Karen asked, grinning, as she picked it up.

“Hey!” Tony said snatching the bear from Karen’s hands. “Don’t mess with a man’s teddy bear.” His tone was serious.

The nurses stared at Tony for just a moment before they all burst into laughter.

“When will you be back to work?” One of the other nurses asked.

“About a month.” Tony said after giving it some thought.

“It’s going to be a long, boring month.” The other nurse said.

“Aww, you miss me.” Tony said.

“Needed time to get your costume made.” Karen said. “I’m looking forward to seeing you in blue tights covered by red tighty-whities.” Karen paused. “And the big SD for “Super Doc” on your chest.”

Tony looked at the women, horrified for just a second, then laughed.

“But seriously Tony…” Rosa chimed in. “…what you did. We are all very proud of you. We…we just wanted to thank you for that. We are so glad you’re okay. If that guy had gotten out of there….” Rosa shook her head. “Thank you.”

TBC