- Text Size +
Chapter 37

AUTHOR'S NOTE: Hey everybody. Thanks for your continuing support. You comments and reviews are like gold to me. I have to, now, though, write some Hurt!Tony. I love SmartTony, but it's a second favorite. I just love a good whump story.

Kate looked as if she was patting herself down as she searched for her phone. She didn't find it. She looked on the ground around her and didn't see it either.

"Damnit, Tony. I don't have my phone. I must…." Kate looked up at her partner, noticing for the first time he was way too quiet.

Kate knelt down beside Tony's still form. She stuck her hands into his jacket pockets. She then patted both legs, trying to figure out what, if anything, Tony had in his jean pockets. All she found was a wallet and his car keys.

Tony opened his eyes. "Not tonight, Honey. I have a headache." He leaned his head back against the wall he was leaning against and close his eyes again.

Kate looked at him. She was worried. She and Tony had managed to run for a short distance after Tony had gotten shot. But now they were trapped in an alley. She didn't have her phone. Tony's was also missing. And it looked like there was a lot more blood coming out of his leg wound. The spot on his jeans looked a lot bigger now that it had even 2 minutes ago.

"Tony." Kate said. "…I think you're bleeding a lot more than before. I need to find something to stop the bleeding."

Tony nodded. "Pressure,…need pressure."

"…need something to apply pressure with." Kate opened the dumpster. She looked in hoping to find something she could use. She wanted something clean, but at this point, anything would do.

Kate then realized they were at the back door of a hotel. Well, it was an old abandoned hotel. She tried to door. It was open. She was so surprised she stood there for just a second before going in. She proceeded slowly and carefully. There was no electricity and she was not sure the building was not otherwise occupied by vagrants or drug-dealers. She was lucky though. Evidently the place had not been cleared out completely. There was still various restaurant and hotel paraphernalia still littered around the place. She explored the area just inside the back door. She had not wanted to leave Tony for too long. And the thought of not being in there alone scared her. She quickly found what she was looking for, a couple of table clothes. She went back outside; she pushed the door up, but didn't close it, afraid of locking herself and Tony out of the building. Kate, again, knelt down by her partner. She folded one cloth up and pressed it to his wound. She sat the other aside. She may need it later if this one got too saturated.

"Tony." Kate laid the cloth over his wound and pressed down.

Tony moaned. He opened his eyes and looked at her.

"We don't have our phones. Any ideas?"

Tony looked at her then he began to check for himself.

"I checked." Kate said, continuing the pressure.

Tony looked up at the sky. He then looked at her. "Need to get inside, looks like rain."

"We're safer out here, Tony." Kate said. "There's no electricity. I can't see if the floors are good. I don't know that we won't have company in there, Tony."

"Gonna be cold tonight." Tony commented. "Got my gun."

Kate patted her side. "I do, too. I don't have a second clip." She had only about 5 bullets left. "Five bullets." She sighed as she put the clip back in.

"I have mine."

Kate had felt the gun in his holster earlier when she was looking for his phone. She took it out and checked the clip. He had 10 bullets left.

"Ten bullets, Tony."

"Fifteen bullets, fifteen people." Tony said.

"Tony, it's dark. We aren't in the best neighborhood. The buildings all around us are abandoned. There are no street lights. There is no electricity."

"Better have some good aim there, Kate." Tony replied.

"Tony, this is not the best time to be joking around."

"When will there be a good time, Kate? When the drug dealers find us, find out we're feds and use us for target practice? When the gangs find us? I can only imagine how they will treat a female agent." Tony paused. "At least, in there, we'll have some cover."

Kate got his point. Tony used the wall behind him to slowly stand. But it was incredibly painful and he almost cried out in pain a couple of times. Kate opened the door and helped Tony up the two steps into the back room that had served as a sort of break room for the employees. There was still a table and a couple of chairs, both covered in a thick layer of dust. There was even an old drink machine there. But, it had been broken into long ago, and all the soft drinks and change had been removed.

Tony settled down on the floor just inside the door. The floor in that part of the building seemed okay. The rest of the building, they could only guess.

TBC