- Text Size +
Chapter 6

AN: I want to thank you all, so much, for your response to this story. I am so appreciative of all your comments and reviews. I want to give a special ‘thank you’ to stargatesg1973 (from fanfiction.net). I kind of combined that idea with other ideas. But I really loved the idea of Tony being Dr. DiNozzo at a crime scene. ENJOY!

Tony opened his eyes slowly. The scene around him was not a good one. He could see each of his team members lying motionless on the asphalt. Tony had heard the explosion, and his first instinct had been to duck. He moved out from around the car, that he had used as a shield. He immediately went into doctor mode, surveying the scene, trying to gauge injuries.

Tony’s eyes picked up movement. He went over to Jimmy and Ducky. Jimmy was sitting up by this time, shaking his head. He didn’t appear seriously injured, just a few bumps and bruises.

They next checked out Ducky. His hands were injured and it was obvious he would not be able to give first aid to the rest of team. Jimmy looked at Ducky in a panic, then at the injured team members around him.

“Dr. Mallard….I….”

“Anthony will tell you what to do, Mr Palmer. Just listen to him.”

Jimmy nodded and then bent down in front of Ducky to tend to his hands.

Ducky shook his head. “My injuries can wait, dear boy. Just follow Anthony and do exactly what he tells you to.”

Jimmy nodded followed Tony as he checked Gibbs, Tim and Kate, evaluating injuries as he went. He instructed Jimmy to get blankets and first aid supplies from the van, as he gave Gibbs, Kate and Tim a more thorough examination. He then instructed Jimmy to bandage Ducky’s hands. He, meanwhile, floated among the three. He checked vitals and looked for signs of shock. Moments later the ambulance arrived. Ducky, Gibbs, Tim and Kate were taken to Bethesda. The fact that Gibbs, Tim and Kate had not regained consciousness worried Tony. He drove, white knuckled, behind the ambulance all the way.

Tony’s scrubs were quickly forgotten as soon as he and his team members arrived at the hospital. Tony and Jimmy raced into the ER as the stretchers were being unloaded. Tony gave the waiting physicians the stats on each of the 4 patients being brought in. He then took over Gibb’s care as the rest of the ER staff sprang into action to care for his friends.

Jimmy stood out of the way, by one of the observation windows as the action began to unfold. He was called away briefly to be checked out by a nurse. By the time he returned, Ducky was sitting in a wheelchair by the observation window.

“He’s an excellent Dr, Dr. Mallard.” Jimmy said as he came up beside his mentor to watch the scene unfold in front of him.

“Yes, he is, dear boy.” Ducky agreed nodding. “He certainly is.”

On the other side of the glass, Gibbs was feeling pain. He opened his eyes. He was not sure where he was or what had happened. Because where he was now his senior field agent was standing over him shouting orders to a group of nurses who appear to be obeying him. Something was seriously wrong with this picture. Gibbs closed his eyes, hopefully when he woke up, the world would make sense.

Kate heard the noises around her, but she kept her eyes closed. She was trying to figure out where she was. She then felt her eye lids being forcibly opened. She flinched, involuntarily, away from the bright point of light that invaded her vision. She was just as puzzled when it happened the second time. She then saw a very familiar pair of bright green eyes looking back at her, studying her reactions. She stared for a moment. She must be having auditory hallucinations, too. She just heard somebody say Dr. DiNozzo.

Tim had heard someone hovering just outside his field of vision. He recognized the voice, but in his mind things were still a little jumbled. His head was killing him. He forced himself to open his eyes. He realized that the bright lights in the ER would probably be too much for his pounding head, but he had to try. He could still hear the voice as he scanned the room for the source. He found it. It was Tony DiNozzo! He had on a white lab coat, and a stethoscope and he was doing something…he had on rubber gloves. He seemed to be holding some sort of metal…instrument! What the…!?! Those were Tim’s last thoughts before he lost consciousness again.

TBC