- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs is reported dead. The reaction of a certain member of the team and its toll on him.
Disclaimer: I own none of the Characters of NCIS. This is purely a work of fiction.
Chapter 1
Love Changes Everything
by:
Dragonlver

The day started like any other day. Tony making stupid jokes and getting the back of his head slapped by Gibbs. It was supposed to be a routine case, unbeknownst to the team it was anything but. It proceeded like all their cases. It was a murder, a killer, clues, and evidence. They followed all the evidence, what changed was the ending however.
It was a joint effort with the FBI. They apprehended the guy and that's where everything changed and McGee's life was shattered.
Just as Agent Fornell was cuffing the guy he grabbed Fornell's gun. As the two men struggled the gun went off shooting Gibbs in the chest.
Tim had been talking to Gibbs when out of the corner of his eye he saw the struggle commence. Just as he turned,Gibbs shoved the young agent of of the way, taking the bullet that McGee thought was meant for him.
McGee grabbed Gibbs head and gently placed the older man's head in his lap as the screamed for help.
“Dammit Gibbs you don't have permission to die! You hear me Gibbs, you can't die on us Leroy Jethroe Gibbs! Dammit don't you dare die on me!” Tim screamed.
As Ducky walked up to McGee the young agents anguished cry came out strangled and strained. “ Save him Ducky! Please save him” Just as anguished cry came out the storm that had been brewing broke loose and the rain began to fall, like the tears falling from Tim's green eyes. His heart and world shattered as Ducky leaned in close to McGee and whispered “ Tim I’m so sorry but Gibbs is gone. There is nothing I can do for him. You have to let him go Timothy they are here to take him”

Gently Tim felt himself pried from the only man he had ever loved. McGee didn't know when it had happened. His mind warred with itself. He was straight and always had been and yet he realized that he, Timothy McGee was in love with another man. A man he has lost forever. Through a fog McGee watched as Gibbs was loaded into the M.E.'s wagon. He doesn't remember how he got back to NCIS headquarter or home.
Over the next couple of days McGee didn't remember much at all. He went to work did his job and looked at the empty desk where Gibbs used to sit. The emptiness inside Tim grew and grew. He slept little or not at all and ate even less.
The day before Gibbs funeral as he sat at his desk, staring off into space lost in his memories, Tony came over and tried to brighten McGee's spirits.
“What do you want Tony, I'm busy.”
“Are you alright McGee?”