- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs death take a toll on one member of the team.
Gibbs arrived at the hospital and was directed to McGee's room immediately. Approaching the room he spotted Ducky coming out.
“ He must be kept here at least overnight for observation.” Dr Matthews said to Ducky as Gibbs approached.
Turning he spotted Jethroe.
“How is he Ducky?”
“ He's going to be fine Jethroe he just needs rest and a lot of it.”
“Can I see him Duck” Gibbs asked a not of pleading in his voice.
Ducky looked into those pale blue eyes and saw the emotional turmoil that was there. He also saw the genuine love that Gibbs had for McGee reflected there as well.
“ Yes Jethroe you can see him now. It's not like anyone could stop you if I had said no.” Ducky said with a smile on his face. Causing Gibbs to give him a small smirk.
Leaving Ducky and the young doctor in the hall. Gibbs quietly entered the darkened room and moved to the young agents bedside.
Outside the room Ducky and the doctor continued their conversation.
“ Dr. Matthews I want you to see that no one disturbs the two men. I do mean no one. Only you, myself, and one nurse a shift is allowed into that room. You will not in anyway try to remove agent Gibbs from that room and if necessary I want a guard posted outside his door to keep any and all visitors out. No friends, relatives, not even the Director of NCIS is allowed in that room. Do you understand me? If this is not done I know a certain young lady who will take great pleasure in seeing that it is done.” Ducky told him as he gave him one of his best glares.

“ I understand Dr. Mallard and I will make sure no one will disturb them. I will let all the nurses know that Agent Gibbs is not to be bothered and he has permission to stay as long as he needs to.”

Gibbs quietly sat next to Tim's bed. Reaching over he softly brushed the hair back off the younger mans forehead. Taking McGee's hand in his own he leaned over and gently kissed Tim's lips. He finally did what he had wanted to do for so long. It was a soft kiss. Moving his lips to the younger mans ear Gibbs whispered gently into it, “I love you Timothy McGee. With every fiber of my being. You come back to me you hear. I couldn't stand to lose you not after everything else I have lost. I love you so much Tim.”

Pulling back he looked into the bright green eyes of the man he loved. Seeing the tears filling those eyes “ Its going to be ok McGee I'm here and I'm not leaving you again.”


“B...B..Boss. Is that really you?” Tim croaked.
“Yes its me. No your not dead and neither am I.” Gibbs said'
“ I love you Leroy Jethroe Gibbs. Did you mean what you just said?” Tim croaked.
“ Every word of it. Love changes everything.” Gibbs said kissing Tim's lips one last time before the young man fell into a deep sleep.
As the world drifted away Tim whispered “Stay with me please Jethroe.”
“I'm not going anywhere Tim.” Gibbs watched the man he loved sleeping, he thought about how close to losing him he had come. About how close he came to never being able to kiss him, hold him, or tell him how much he meant to him. He gently kissed him, then laid his head on Tim's chest. Listening to the young man breathe and the kindest heart, Gibbs ever knew ,beating. As Gibbs drifted off to sleep holding hands with the man he loved so dearly.
Both men dreamed of a bright future together. What that future might hold for them. Each man dreaming his separate dreams.

The rest is up to you dear readers to figure out what happens next.
“After all love changes everything.”


ps. The Title of this piece was taken from the title of a Sarah Brightman song by the same name. I hope this inspires you.

All comments are welcome.