- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Thoughts, the new probie, and WHere is he?!
CHPT: 1
Today was like any other day at NCIS since I had joined a little less than 4 months ago, except for one thing: Our boss had been gone for around 2 weeks now. He was out on assignment. You see, our team consists of several people. First, there’s Anthony DiNozzo our bossman. He’s been boss since just before I joined the team. The previous boss, Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs, had decided to retire. I’ll never understand why that man left, from what I can tell everyone on the team really looked up to him. But anyways, when I first met Tony he was really flirty but eventually it simmered down when he realized it never affected me and now he just likes to tease me. He’s slowly starting to become like an older brother to me. It helps that we’re both movie junkies and Italian. Next you have our senior field Agent Timothy McGee. Boy is he a cutie...not that I’d ever tell him that. Over the past 4 months I’ve been here he’s become one of my best friends. I can talk to him about anything. Not to mention he’s an amazing writer. His book, Deep Six, is amazing! He’s just an overall great guy. After that comes Mossad liaison Officer Ziva David. Let me tell you, she is one tough cookie. She is such a strong girl. I admire her for it. We’re not too close but she’s a nice person. I have got to ask her to show me some of her moves one day though. Then there’s our Forensic Scientist Abigail “Abby” Scuito and our Medical Examiner, M.E for short, Doctor Donald “Ducky” Mallard. Abby is so, so cool. We have a similar interest in music and I’ve hung out with her a few times outside of work. At first Abby was a bit skeptical of me but that obviously changed. Ducky is such a smart old man. I’d never call him old to his face though of course. I’ve got to admit. Some of the stories he’s told are quite interesting. Finally, we can’t forget our Assistant Medical Examiner Jimmy Palmer. I haven’t talked to Jimmy much since I got here but from what I can tell he’s a sweet guy.
~~
I could hear footsteps walking into the Squad Room causing me to look up from my desk.
“Is he here yet, is he here yet?!” exclaimed Abby as she ran into the Squad room.
“Abby do you think I’d be playing this game if he was?” replied McGee while he was staring at the computer screen. He was playing our boss Tonys Terrorist shooting game.
“I will call you as soon as he gets here, Ok? I promise” he was still staring at the screen as Abby was munching on a box of white powdered doughnuts that she has offered to me earlier.
“What if his flight was late? Or worse, what if missed his connecting flight?” Abbys speech was a bit muffled due to the doughnuts she was eating.
“Well, then he will be here tomorrow” McGee was still playing the game on the computer.
“Not good enough McGee! Our team needs a leader! He’s our glue! He- he’s our spine! Without him we’re like, Phylum Cnidaria!”
McGee shifted his eyes and formed as weird look on his face. I was wondering what exactly Phylum Cnidaria was until McGee replied,
“Jellyfish?”
“Exactly”
He paused his game and looked at Abby, “You saying I’m spineless?”
Abby stared at him, “Of course not Timmy!”
She put her leg up on the chair and pushed him away from the desk so she could type.
“I’m gonna check his flight” she bent down and started typing. I looked back down towards the picture I was currently sketching and picked up my pencil to finish it off.
“A-Abby, you’re getting powder all over my keyboard...” I heard McGee say as he reached over to stop her and she smacked him away.
“What’s your point?” she replied and she put down her caf-pow and started typing even faster.
“My point is, Abby, uh; you are really, really over doing the sugar thing again.”
“Well, I’m eating for two” she turned to look at McGee who looked concerned, “Relax, I was referring to the fact that I was planning on sharing with Krissy over there but she didn’t want any. Every time I offer her some type of snack or drink she always declines! I don’t understand why. She’s like, a twig McGee! She could stand to have a few more pounds on her!”
“Well, I think she looks nice the way she is” McGee said.
“Oh, you think she looks nice?”
“Yeah, I mean, for a probie”
I looked up and turned to look at them both. “Ha-ha, funny Tim, really. You two do realize I can hear what you’re saying right?”
Abby finished typing and stood up straight looking towards me smiling.
“We do now Very Special Agent Kristen DeMarco.” They both smirked towards me.
The computer beeped and Abby quickly looked back down towards it.
“His flight landed on time! Where is he?” She shouted frustrated.
We all looked up quickly as we heard the elevator ding. The doors opened to reveal none other than Anthony Dinozzo. Abby freaked out and ran towards him as she gasped excitedly,
“Oh yay! You’re home! Welcome back! I missed you!”
She wrapped her arms around his neck in a big hug.