- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Oh no, what's happened to Ziva?
McGee's book?
CHPT 3:

I headed back to the squad room after picking up a bag of mini chocolate chip cookies for Tim and a bag of chips for myself. As I entered the room I could see Tim was talking on the phone with someone. I put my bag of chips down on my desk and caught the end of what he was saying,
“…We’re, uh, worried just give us a call please.”
“Ok, now I’m starting to worry” Tony said as soon as Tim hung up the phone.
“Who are we talking about? Ziva? I’m sure she’s alright. I mean, like you’ve said before, she can take care of herself right?” I said as I threw down the bag of cookies on Tim’s desk. Tony and Tim both turned to look at me.
“Yeah, she can. But this is unusual even for Ziva. She’s never been this late without calling in or emailing.” Tony spoke, actually seeming concerned.
“Think she’s alright?” Tim asked.
“Well, if she was alright she would be here McGee. The question is what would Gibbs do in a situation like this?” Replied Tony. As he was saying this I had noticed Director Jenny Shepard walking towards us out of the corner of my eye. I was about to alert them to her presence when she spoke up,
“He’d find her Tony.”
“I’m working on it director” he replied snappily.
“Work harder. Metro police just find her car on a sidewalk in Georgetown.”
“Actually it’s not that unusual with Ziva’s driving” said Tim.
“Yeah I drove all the way through Eastern Europe with her, I should know McGee.” She sighed, “But in my experience…the FBI doesn’t usually concern themselves with traffic accidents.” I looked over towards the FBI people waiting by the elevator shocked. Why were they here and what did it have to do with Ziva’s car being on a sidewalk? I highly doubt she did anything wrong.
I could see McGee looking curiously towards them as well.
“Tony, isn’t that the guy who tried to put you away for murder?” I looked back over at towards Tony, Tim, and the Director shocked.
“What?! You got accused of murder Tony? When? And why would anyone ever think you would in the first place?” I was honestly confused. How come I had never heard about this?
“Yes it is. Thank you for bringing up a painful memory McGee. I’ll tell you the story some other time Kristen.” He turned to look at the director,
“You knew they were coming director?”
“Calm down Tony, I only just got the call 2 minutes ago.”
“What do they want with Ziva?”
“We’re about to find out, together.” The director turned towards the FBI agent and shook hands with him.
“Agent Saxs, Director Shepard” she introduced herself.
“Come. Lets talk” said the Agent.
“We’ll talk in my office” said the Director as she, Tony, and the agent walked off to go talk. After they were out of sight I walked back over to my desk and sat down. I ripped open my bag of chips and ate one while I sat in thought. I then turned to Tim,
“So, what do you think happened with Ziva?”
“I don’t know Kris, but it’s gotta be bad if the FBI is involved…”
“What do you think she could have done? She may have been a Mossad assassin but you and I both know she’s not a bad person.”
“ I know that…” we both sat there in silence for about a minute or two until I got tired of it so I decided to start up a different conversation.
“So, Tim, write anything new lately?”
“Actually yeah! I’ve started working on the prologue and first chapter of the sequel to Deep Six!”
“Really? That’s awesome! Let me know when it’s done! I definitely want to be one of the first ones to have a copy. So, is it supposed to be like more adventures with L.J Tibbs and stuff? Do you have any idea yet on what direction it’s going to go?”
“Not at all. You know I don’t plan it out before hand, I just write when ideas come to me. I was thinking of adding a new character though.” I looked at him curiously,
“Oh really? Would this new character happen to be based on me of all people?” I questioned him. Tim looked embarrassed as he turned beat red,
“I-I…No why would I? I mean…” He sighed and gave up, “yes…”
“I knew it! I mean, it’s pretty obvious Tim. The characters in Deep Six were all based off of people you know and work with like Agents Tommy and Lisa are Tony and Ziva. You should be glad Tony and Ziva don’t know that you pretty much wrote a book about them and everyone else.”
“Yeah I know… I would never hear the end of it if Tony found out…”
“No worries! I won’t tell him!” I laughed. “Honestly though I’m kind of honored that you’re thinking of adding me to your new book”
“R-really?” Tim seemed surprised.
“Yeah, I think it’s really cool. I mean, how often do you get to have a character in a book based off of you? So, what’re you going to change my persons name to?” Tim seemed relieved that I didn’t mind him basing a character off of me.
“Well, I was thinking maybe something like Ashley this way the other characters could shorten the name to Ash like we shorten yours to Kris.”
“That actually sounds pretty cool. I’ve always liked the name Ashley too.”
“Really? Well that’s good.” Suddenly arguing could be heard coming from upstairs.
“Well I guess the little meeting is done...” I said.
“Yeah, wonder what happened that they’re arguing” replied Tim as we both looked upward to watch what was going on.
“I know what it is!” I could hear Tony said due to his raised voice.
“Geeze, Tony seems angry…that’s never a good sign.” I could see the director walk out of her office and call both men back up to talk. After they were done Agent Saxs came back downstairs and left and a few minutes later Tony came down as well.