- Text Size +
“Hey, Amy. How are you doing?” Stettler asked Amy.
“I’m fine, Stettler. Unfortunately we can not say the same for Speedle.” Amy answered.
“Look, I am sorry about Speedle.” Stettler said. “We did all we could do for him.”
“I did all I could do for him. You did not even call paramedics for him” Amy said.
“He was already gone.” Stettler reminded her.
“Yeah, but the paramedics may have been able to revive him.” Amy said. “You called paramedics for the suspect, but did not even bother to call them for Speedle. Do you not realize that Speedle saved both of our asses?”
“He was nowhere near me.” Stettler said.
“We both know very well Stettler that if he had not pulled his gun out, we would have never had the chance to draw our weapons.” Amy said.
“What did make you draw your weapon? You never saw the guy until he started shooting.” Stettler said.
“I had a gut feeling, Ok Stettler. I had a gut feeling that I would never see him again. That’s why I insisted on going. I wanted to be there incase a shooting broke out.” Amy said, raising her voice as Gibbs and Horatio turned the corner.
“Well, looks like she exploded” Horatio said.
“I loved him, Stettler, and because of your goddamn crush on me, I never got to tell him.” She continued.
“You had plenty of chances, Delko” Stettler said and walked away. Horatio pulled Amy into his arms.
“You have quit a set of lungs” Gibbs said with a half smile.
“Sorry about that, Horatio. I just cannot stand him anymore. The fact that he did absolutely nothing after Speedle saved our lives did not help much”
“Never say sorry Delko. It is a sign of weakness” Gibbs said. Amy nodded.