- Text Size +
“Amy, please?” Lieutenant Richard Stettler said to CSI Amy Delko. Amy turned. “I did everything I could for Tim.”
“No Stettler, I did everything that could have been done for him” Amy said.
“Look, it is not my fault that his gun malfunctioned. He never cleaned it, Amy. He should have learned from the last time.” Stettler replied. “He was gone before we got to him.”
“He was gone before I got to him.” Amy corrected him. “You went directly to the shooter. I went to Speedle and he was gone.”
“See, what else could have been done for him?” Stettler asked.
“Oh, I don’t know. The paramedics could have revived him, for starters.” Amy said sarcastically. Stettler took a step towards her.
“I did not think it was a good idea. If it did not work, you would have been worse off than you are now. I hated seeing you like that, Amy.” He told her.
“And if it did work?” Amy asked, her tone softening.
“It would not have worked.” Stettler said gently.
“You did not want it to work.” Amy interjected. “You thought that I would sleep with you if I lost Speedle.”
“No, Amy.” Stettler told her. “I love you. I would have never let Tim come if I had known that he would die.”
“You had no problem with him going.” Amy shot at him. “You kept telling me not to go. You had no problem with Speedle going with us.” Stettler pulled her into his arms.
“I’m sorry, Amy.” Stettler said. Amy did not bother pushing him away. Tears were in her eyes as she buried her head against his chest.