- Text Size +
"Gibbs, I....I need your help," whispered Ziva as she walked to her desk.

Gibbs looked up from his computer in time to see Ziva fall to the floor. She wasn't moving and Gibbs started to worry.

"McGee, get an ambulance. Ziva, can you hear me?" asked Gibbs.

Ziva didn't respond. Within a few minutes, two paramedics had arrived and Ziva was being taken to hospital. Gibbs went with her in the ambulance. Ten minutes later, Ziva was at Bethesda Naval Hospital, being assessed by a doctor.

"Is she okay?" asked Gibbs, the panic evident in his voice.

"She's relapsed. We need to get her onto the oxygen now," replied Dr Smith.

"Please tell me you can help her."

"Of course I can but it will be a slow process. Why didn't she come in earlier?"

"Her doctor kept telling her that she was fine and with rest, she'd be okay in a couple of days. They didn't pay attention to her symptoms."

Dr Smith apologized and then bent down next to Ziva's bed. She placed an oxygen tube under Ziva's nose and then wrapped a blood pressure cuff around Ziva's arm. Within a couple of minutes, Ziva was also on a heart monitor and had a pulse oximeter on her finger. The doctor then placed an IV tube into Ziva's hand.

Once the doctor had left, Gibbs moved his chair closer to the bed and picked up his newest agent's hand. Leaning down, Gibbs whispered into Ziva's ear. He was surprised to see Ziva's eyes flicker open.

"Thank god you're alright Ziva," said Gibbs.

"I'm really sorry Gibbs. I should've come to you sooner. I just didn't want to bother you. I knew you were already worried about me and then you accidently made me worse and started blaming yourself. It's not your fault Gibbs. I promise," replied Ziva.

"I just want you to get better Ziva. I'll do anything I can to make you better."