- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs confronts Falco
Chapter 23

The young man stood outside the ornately decorated double doors of the over-sized office and wiped a sweaty palm on his pants. He held a telegram in his hand and telegrams very seldom gave good news. His boss hated bad news and he was the type of man who wouldn’t hesitate one second to shoot the messenger. That was why he was just standing there dreading knocking on the door.

He knew he would eventually have no choice but to deliver the telegram so he might as well do it and get it over with. He raised his fist and firmly knocked on the expensive wood and then stepped back and held his breath while he waited for permission to enter. At the gruff sound of “Come,” the frightened man opened the doors and stepped into the room.

DiNozzo Senior looked up from the paperwork he was working on to see one of his butlers enter, closing the doors behind him. He was one of the new men his head of household had hired and Senior couldn’t help but look at him with an appreciative eye. He was young, maybe in his early twenties and very good looking. The young butler had a slim build and an ass that wouldn’t quit and every time he saw the young butler he would picture him naked and tied to his bed. One day, he swore to himself, one day soon.

“What is it, David?” Senior asked as he leered at the young man.

“A-a telegram for you, sir,” David said and held out the paper.

“A telegram?” Senior asked as he took the paper from the butler. “From whom?”

“A Charles Avery, sir,” David replied as began to back out of the room.

“Charles Avery? From Stewart, Avery and Withrup? Why, that’s one of the top legal firms in DC.” Senior opened the telegram and began reading, his anger building with each word he took in.

TO: ANTHONY D. DINOZZO SR
FROM: CHARLES AVERY
FALCO MORETTI ARRESTED STOP
FACING FEDERAL CHARGES FOR TORTURE AND ABUSE OF FEDERAL SLAVE STOP
NEEDING HELP IMMEDIATELY STOP
PLEASE CONTACT FIRM AT EARLIEST CONVENIENCE STOP

Senior stood looking at the telegram in total disbelief. “Damn,” he said under his breath. “Damn, damn, damn, DAMN!” He picked up his tumbler, filled with bourbon, and threw it across the room, the glass shattering against the wall. He never noticed the doors to his office closing quickly.

Senior dropped down into his chair, his head in his hands. He couldn’t believe it. Falco had failed. His foolproof plan hadn’t worked. Now Falco was expecting him to bail him out, well that wasn’t going to happen. Oh, he would help him. He would make sure he never saw the inside of a jail cell. Now, what to do about getting his hands on Junior. “Well, like the saying goes, if you want something done right you had best do it yourself,” Senior said as he sat back in his chair with a smile on his face.

***NCIS***

Gibbs pulled into the driveway and shut off the car. He looked up at the home he shared with Tony, the home he hadn’t stepped foot in since the day they had left to set the trap for Tony’s abuser. He looked over at the passenger seat where is lover was sleeping. Tony had been put through hell that day, the damage to his body significant, but the damage to his mind, to his very soul was beyond belief.

Tony had spent the last two months in the hospital recovering, his physical injuries mending slowly. Now he was finally coming home and it was going to take everything Gibbs had in him to help him mend mentally. He would do what it took to make sure Tony was safe and loved.

Unfortunately that was going to be hard to do with Tony’s father still on the loose. Gibbs had tried every trick in the book, and some that weren’t exactly legal, to get Falco to turn on Senior, but no luck. Either Falco was too loyal to the dirty bastard or too afraid. Either way he was going to go away for a long time and DiNozzo Senior would walk as usual.

Gibbs stepped out of his car and made his way around to the other side. He opened the door and knelt down beside the passenger seat. Placing a gentle hand on Tony’s shoulder, Gibbs quietly called his name. “Tony. Come on babe, time to wake up.”

Tony began to stir but then suddenly jerked awake. His eyes were wide with fear as he looked around, settling only after he realized they were home.

“You ready to go inside?” Gibbs asked, acting as if nothing was amiss.

“Yeah, yeah, let’s go,” Tony replied and turned to get out of the car. His body was still sore in many places but he refused to show weakness in front of Gibbs.

Gibbs rose and allowed Tony to stand on his own but he stayed close by in case Tony needed him. When they reached the house Gibbs quickly unlocked and opened the door. He let Tony enter first before assuring them both that the house was locked up tight behind them.

Gibbs stepped into the living room to find Tony just standing and looking around. His heart broke at the look of uncertainty on his lover’s face. “Would you like to go upstairs and lay down or…”

“Couch,” Tony jumped in as he jerked his head around to look at Gibbs. Feeling embarrassed at his outburst, he lowered his eyes and softened his tone. “I would rather lie on the couch, if you wouldn’t mind, please.”

“You’re home with me now and anything you want is yours to have,” Gibbs said.

Tony headed for the couch with a nod of his head. He settled back against the arm, grateful for the afghan Gibbs laid across his legs. When Gibbs sat on the coffee table next to him, Tony closed his eyes, hoping against hope that Gibbs would leave him to rest, but no such luck.

“Tony,” Gibbs said gently. When Tony didn’t respond he grew concerned. He needed to get the man talking, to make sure that Tony knew that he would walk through hell and back to keep him safe. “Come on Tony, open those eyes. Even you can’t fall asleep that quickly.”

Tony opened his eyes, but wouldn’t look at Gibbs. He stared straight ahead and said quietly, “I’m very tired, Master. May I please sleep?”

Gibbs was taken by surprise with Tony’s response. He couldn’t believe Tony had called him Master. They were in the privacy of their own home. This was the one place where Tony was free to do as he pleased and yet he called Gibbs Master. This couldn’t stand as is. He had to do something, and fast.

Gibbs reached over and turned Tony’s face towards him. “Hey, what’s all this Master crap?” He said gently, “I told you, you’re home now, safe and sound.” Seeing a look of sad disbelief in Tony’s eyes, Gibbs continued. “I swear to you, Tony, that you are safe here. I will make sure of that.”

Tony fought to keep the tears at bay while he shook his head. “I know you’ll try your best but as long as my f-father is out there free and clear, there won’t be a thing you can do to keep him away. He’s proven to us he can get at me no matter where I am. Hell, he turned one of your own agents at the Naval yard against you, someone who was once your friend.”

“Falco apparently never was my friend,” Gibbs said sadly. “I guess he’s been holding a grudge against me for many years. I just somehow missed it.”

“But I’ll bet he still hasn’t turned on my father, has he?” When Gibbs didn’t respond right away Tony gave out a huff and said, “And he never will. He knows better than to double-cross good old dad. He knows what my father is capable of and that his best recourse is to keep his mouth shut.”

“Well, you don’t worry about Falco Moretti,” Gibbs reassured him. “I’m not done with him yet. By the time I’m through with him, he’ll hand Senior over on a silver platter.”

***NCIS***

Rosco Lawrence was a big man in every way, shape and form. He towered over everyone at more than six-and-a-half feet and weighed a good two seventy five, and not one ounce of that was fat. He had muscles on top of muscles and there was not a single person in the world that dared mess with him. That is what made him DiNozzo Senior’s top enforcer. He was proud of the title and of the fact that when he walked into a room everyone cowered away from him. Everyone, that is, except his employer. Anthony DiNozzo Senior never cowered from anyone.

The call of “Come in” after knocking on the large double doors allowed Rosco to enter the overly decorated office and stand before the desk waiting to be acknowledged. It wasn’t long before the man he admired lifted his head and smiled.

“Ah, Rosco, you’re here already,” Senior said and sealed the envelope in his hand. “Good man. I have a job for you, a very important job.”

“Yes, sir,” Rosco replied snapping to attention and standing just a tad bit taller. “Anything you need, sir, I will be honored to do.”

“I would hope so,” Senior said seductively as he leered at the muscular body before him. Rosco was a ruggedly handsome man. The only thing that diminished his looks in any way was the large angry scar that ran down the side of his face. A scar DiNozzo himself gave to the man for failing. Since that time Rosco had completed every mission given to him with complete success. He had become the deadliest and most loyal man on DiNozzo’s staff and some day he would find his way back into DiNozzo’s bed.

“These are your instructions,” DiNozzo stated as he handed two envelopes to the man. “The first is to be personally delivered to the address on the front. Tell them you are a hired messenger only and know nothing of the contents.”

“Yes, sir, and the other?” Rosco asked.

“The other is to be opened in private after you deliver the first,” DiNozzo continued. “It will tell you what is to be done next.”

Rosco nodded and headed for the door but stopped at his employer’s call.

“Oh and Rosco, I don’t believe I need to remind you what happens if you fail.” DiNozzo smiled when Rosco’s hand automatically touched the scar on his face. “Don’t come back until the job is done. And on your way out tell David to come to my room. I need him to help me pack for a trip.”

Rosco nodded again and felt a jolt of arousal when he saw Senior squeeze his cock through his pants when he spoke of David. Everyone was well aware of DiNozzo’s unusual appetites and Rosco didn’t know if he feared for David or envied him. Either way it appeared David was on the menu tonight and that was too bad. He really liked David and chances were they would never see him after tonight.

***NCIS***

Gibbs washed the last of his sandwich down with his now cold coffee. He watched as Tony just played with his lunch, tearing the crust from the bread and then nibbling at it. It looked as though he had eaten quite a bit, when in reality he had barely touched his meal. Gibbs didn’t want to push Tony, but he knew he hadn’t eaten in a very long time and he was growing concerned. “Would you prefer something else?”

Tony’s head jerked up in surprise. He hadn’t even realized what he had been doing until that moment and his face grew red with embarrassment. He dropped what was left of the sandwich and shook his head. “No, thank you. I’ve had enough.”

“You haven’t had any at all from what I can see,” Gibbs said softly. “You need to eat.”

“I will,” Tony promised, knowing it was an empty one. “I- just not hungry I guess.”

Gibbs nodded his head and took both their plates to the kitchen and refilled his coffee cup. When he came back in he was holding bottle of a high-calorie supplement drink Ducky had insisted they bring home with them for just such an occasion. Gibbs had to smile when he saw Tony’s face drop at the site of the bottle.

“Do I have to,” Tony whined like a small child causing Gibbs to laugh. Even if he hated being made to drink some crappy supplementary drink, Tony couldn’t believe how good it felt to hear that coming from his lover.

“Yes, babe,” Gibbs said as he placed the bottle in Tony’s hand and then kissed him on the forehead. “Ducky’s orders; if you don’t eat you have to drink the supplement. He did say I could blend it with ice cream and make you a shake if you want.”

Tony’s eyes lit up. “Really, do we have any French vanilla?”

“Sorry, but no French vanilla, but we have Rocky Road or Caramel swirl. If you want French vanilla I’ll call Abby and have her go get some.”

Tony felt a warm feeling fill his heart. To think that Gibbs would call Abby away from work just to get him a specific ice cream. He couldn’t believe it. Even after everything that had happened to him, Gibbs still cared for him. How had he been so lucky to end up with this kind of man? If he had to be a slave at least he had a decent, caring man for a Master and not some monster like his father.

“No, that’s all right,” Tony assured him. “Caramel swirl would be awesome.”

Gibbs took the drink back and quickly went to the kitchen. Tony could hear the freezer door open and close and then the blender turn on. In no time at all Gibbs was back with a frosty shake that smelled wonderful. Tony’s stomach growled for the first time in months.

Gibbs watched as Tony drank half the shake in one gulp before pressing the heel of his hand to his eye and groaning. “What’s wrong? Tony, what’s the matter?” Gibbs was reaching for his phone to call Ducky when Tony looked at him with his one eye.

“Brain freeze,” Tony said laughing.

Gibbs raised his hand to smack the back of Tony’s head but stopped himself. Smiling, he instead ran his fingers through Tony’s hair and said, “I owe you a head smack and I’ll collect it one of these days.” Gibbs was so pleased when Tony just laughed that much more.

There was a knock at the door and Tony immediately tensed. “No worries,” Gibbs assured him. “It’s probably Ducky.” Gibbs laughed at the way Tony sighed as if he had resigned himself to yet another exam by the ME. He unlocked the door and opened it saying, “He’s all ready for you, Duck…” He stopped when he saw who was standing on his porch. “Kate, what are you doing here?”

“I have some news for you and Tony,” Kate said as she stepped through the door. “I didn’t want to tell you over the phone.”

“Wait, tell me first,” Gibbs said quietly, not allowing Kate any further into the house. “I will decide if Tony should hear this right now. He’s still too…”

“I’m fine, Gibbs,” Tony said, surprising both Gibbs and Kate as he stood in the doorway of the living room. “I want to hear what Kate has to say.”

“Tony, you’re just out of the hospital,” Gibbs said as he steered Tony back towards the couch.

Tony stopped and jerked his arm back. He looked Gibbs square in the eye. “I’m fine, I said. I want to hear this. I have the right to hear this.”

Gibbs hesitated for a moment, angry at Kate for showing up unannounced and upset with Tony for, well for being Tony. Finally Gibbs eyes softened and he said, “You’re right. You do have the right to hear this. Lie back down on the couch and Kate can tell us.”

Tony also hesitated but just for a moment as his burst of energy was suddenly gone. He allowed Gibbs to help him lay back down and accepted the afghan that Gibbs placed over his lap.

Kate sat in the recliner next to the couch and Gibbs sat back on the coffee table. Once Tony was settled Gibbs indicated to Kate to go ahead.

“The news I have isn’t good news, I’m afraid,” Kate started but quickly got to the point when Gibbs glared at her. “Falco Moretti is dead.”

“What!” Gibbs yelled. “How?”

“He hanged himself in his cell with his shoe laces,” Kate answered, her eyes on Tony.

Gibbs followed her line of sight and looked at Tony. He had laid his head back on the pillow and was staring at the ceiling. Both of them grew concerned when he began to giggle. “Tony, you okay?”

Tony didn’t respond at first, just continued to laugh. Then he said quietly, as if he were alone in the room, “That’s my daddy, slipperier than a greased pig at the county fair. I told you he would never turn on the bastard. Daddy made sure of that.”

“You heard her, Tony,” Gibbs said squeezing Tony’s hand. “He committed suicide.”

Tony slowly turned his head and looked at Gibbs, his eyes filled with tears. “You don’t believe that any more than I do.”

Gibbs didn’t say anything at first but then decided the last thing Tony needed was to be patronized. “No, Tony, I don’t believe it either.”

“Why not, Gibbs?” Kate asked, genuinely confused. “He could have very easily committed suicide. After all he was facing life in prison if not slavery itself.”

“Well, Kate there are a lot of reasons I don’t believe it was suicide,” Gibbs explained still looking at Tony. He then turned to look at her. “But the main reason I don’t believe it is that when I saw him last, which was last night, I personally escorted him to his cell and locked the door. No one had any reason to be in that cell after I left.”

“Okay,” Kate said. “So?”

“When I put him in his cell last night he was wearing loafers,” Gibbs said, and then waited for Kate to make the connection. “Where the hell did he get the shoe laces?”
Chapter End Notes:
Iam so sorry. I just realized I never posted the last chapter. The good news-I just got the next chapter back from the beta so I will be posting another one in a couple of days.