- Text Size +
Anthony Dinozzo walked tiredly up to his apartment it was one of those days that he wished that the elevator wouldn't keep breaking down. All he wanted was to get home to bed and sleep for days, but it wasn't possible.

Not since five months ago but he wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

Getting his apartment key out of his coat pocket he unlocked the door. He could hear the murmur of the T.V. playing as he walked in dropping his stuff by the door not bothering with it. He headed to the living room where the T.V. was as he near it he could hear giggling.

He smiled at the sight in his living room. He cleared his throat to announce his presence and the giggling stopped as he watched amused when he saw them jump and turn in his direction wide-eye.

"Anthony!" Mrs. Wellstone exclaimed shocked. " You scared me."

Tony chuckled as he walked in and sat on the other side of the couch. "Sorry."

"Its alright dear." She said. " How was work?'

He sighed and looked at the television to see that the news was playing.

"That bad huh?" she asked watching him closely she knew of what had been going on at his job and hope she never met his co-workers because she was going to tell them what she thought of them.

"It was okay." He replied not looking at her.

She was about to responds when a giggle interrupted her. Both of them turned at the sound and smiled.

Tony reached over and took his baby girl that was sitting in her lap who was reaching for him.

Hugging the little girl close to his chest. "Hi Sweet Angel." He whispered to the little girl that was snuggling into him.

Mrs. Wellstone smiled watching them.

Tony felt someone watching him; he looked up and saw Mrs. Wellstone watching him and smiled at her then looked back down at the baby girl in his arms.

"You're a great father Anthony." She said softly.

He looked back at her startled he didn't know what to say except "Thank you."

She nodded and smiled.

She knew that he had doubts about being a father but what first time father wasn't. He would make an excellent father that she was sure of. He didn't give himself much credit.

Tony thought about what Mrs. Wellstone said he wasn't sure if he was a good father but one thing he knew is that he loved his little girl and always would. He would protect her with everything he got because he wasn't letting anyone hurt what is his.

A cry was heard from the bedroom.

He turned to Mrs. Wellstone he saw that she was getting up. "I got it." He said standing up and adjusting the baby in his arms.

"You sure dear?' she asked

"Of course." He said nodding his head as he headed for the bedroom.

"Okay I'll just heat up dinner for you."

Tony paused and looked back to Mrs. Wellstone to decline and that he could get it himself.

"Not one word Anthony." She responded with her back to him as enter the kitchen. "Go and see what's going on."

He snapped his mouth closed disbelieving and watched her disappear into the kitchen. Sighing he turned and continue to the bedroom when the cries became more persistence.

He walked into the bedroom where the cries were coming from he walked towards the crib by the window and looked in to see his son crying his eyes out.

"Hey buddy what's up with you huh?" he asked gently as he laid his now sleeping daughter in the crib next to her brother's crib. He went and pick up his crying son and cuddled him closely as he rocked him and checked if he needed a change or was hungry but it was neither. So he started pacing around the room and checked on the other crib that held his other son who was sleeping peacefully.

As he walked around the room that once was a guest bedroom but now housed three cribs a dresser, changing table, and two toy boxes already filled with toys. He head re painted the room a cream color with brown since he hadn't what he was going to have. There were also teddy bears along the walls with the name of each of the baby's name right on top their cribs.

He looked back down at his son who was falling back asleep and smiled and kissed his forehead and went lay him down in his crib.

He kissed them all good night and headed to the door he looked back at his children who were sleeping peacefully.

A year ago he never thought that he would be a father a single father at that. Especially not to three babies but now he didn't know what he would do without his babies in his life.

He thank god that he has them. And he was going to try to be the best father his children deserve.



Walking into the kitchen he could smell spaghetti his stomach growled loudly. He blushed when Mrs. Wellstone turned and smiled knowingly at him.

"Its ready. Why don't you take a seat and eat."

She placed a plate filled with spaghetti on the table where she had a beer for him already.

"Thanks." he said as he took a seat and started eating. "This is delicious, Mrs. Wellstone." He exclaimed happily.

"Your welcome Anthony. I'm glad you liked it and please call me Beth," she replied laughing.

"Thank you Beth." He smiled gratefully at her. She nodded and went back to cleaning up as Tony finished eating.

Once the kitchen was clean and Tony was stuffed. She turned to Tony who was standing up from the table.

"Alright dear its time for me to go home it's getting late and I know you're tired and need your rest." She said. "Oh I almost forgot. I packed the children's stuff that you tasked me to they are in the closet by the door. I'll be by tomorrow to see you off alright?"

Tony listened closely and nodded his head. "Thank you for doing that for me that way I wont be going crazy packing for three kids. We'll probably be gone for a month but I don't know yet but I will let you know.'

"That is fine Anthony you deserve this vacation so enjoy it." She replied as she headed to the door picking up her purse. "Okay get some rest and I'll see you tomorrow. Good night."

"Good night." He said as she closed the door after her.

He locked up headed to his room turning lights off as he went. He checked on the babies before he went to bed and get some sleep before he had to be up feeding three hungry babies.