- Text Size +
He laid in bed staring at the ceiling lost in thought. He smiled softly when he heard a little whine from one of the other occupants on the bed.

Gently moving to lay on his side he watch his babies sleep, well two out of three were sleep as his youngest son was kicking his little feet and cooing at nothing.

“Hey little man aren’t you tired.” He said softly rubbing his sons stomach gently trying to lure him back to sleep but his son just kept on babbling more. Chuckling at his son he turned to look at his sleeping son and daughter who were beside his wide-awake son.

He still couldn’t wrap his mind that he was a father, especially a father to three beautiful babies. He never thought that he would be responsible for the life of three lives that would depend solely on him. But here he was a single father to three babies.

And he wouldn’t change it for nothing.

……………..

Five months ago

He was happy to finally be able to go home. They had spent the entire day going through cold cases after finishing their reports from the case they had closed yesterday. He hadn’t mind cold cases it allowed him to think about all the change his life will he going through in a two weeks.

But the day was now over and now all he wanted to do was go home and sleep for a day or two. He neared his car and was about to open the door when his cell phone started ringing. Opening the door he threw his bag on the passenger seat before getting his phone out of his pocket.

“Dinozzo.” He said as he slid in the driver seat.

“Is this Agent Dinozzo?” The voice on line asked.

Confused he said. “Yes this is he. Who is this?”

“Oh I’m sorry Agent Dinozzo, My name is Lea I’m a nurse at George Washington University Hospital. I was told by Miss Parks to call you and inform you that she’s in Labor.”

As soon as he heard that she was nurse he knew that tonight he would become a father. That scared him but at the same time he was excited.

“Agent Dinozzo, Agent Dinozzo. Are you still there?” He blinked when he heard Nurse Lea calling him.

Clearing his throat. “Yeah I’m here. Tell Miss Parks that I will be there shortly.”

“Alright Agent Dinozzo.” She said before hanging up.

Tony sighed throwing his cell on the passenger seat and leaned at on the wheel. He couldn’t believe he was going to be a father in a few hours. Could he do it?

…………………

Fifteen minutes later he was walking through the doors of George Washington University Hospital. Heading for the reception desk he asked what floor was the maternity ward. The nurse sitting at the desk told him to go to the fifth floor.

He headed for the elevator and called for it the doors atomically open. Guess he didn’t have to wait for it. As the door open on the fifth floor he got off and looked around, people were walking around happily. He nervously headed to the desk.

“Hi I’m Tony Dinozzo. I’m looking for Laura Parks’ room.”

“Oh yes we told you would be arriving she’s in room 523. We’ll be in there to prep her for delivery in 10 minutes.” She told him as he headed to her room.

“Thank you.” he said over his shoulder. Standing at the door, he took a deep breath and let it go when he knocked at the door and opening it, stepping inside where the mother of his children was resting.

“Hey.” He whispered. Laura looked at him with pain filled eyes and tried to smile but turned into a grimace. She was exhaust, which meant she had been here for a while now.

“Hi.”

Before they could say anything else a nurse walked in to take Laura to the delivery room. Taking her hand as they wheeled her out of the room he followed. He knew that her family wasn’t here and pissed him off.

………………..

Three hours later Tony was sitting in front of three cribs that held his babies. He watched fascinated, as these three little beings were his. He was a father and it scared him as nothing else did but he was excited as well.

Years ago he had promise him self that if he ever had kids he would love them no matter what and he wasn’t going to turn into his father.

He was interrupted in his musing by someone clearing their throat. Looking up he saw a nurse that had been the room when his babies were born. He smiled at the nurse.

“Agent Dinozzo.”

“Tony, please.”

She smiled and nodded her. “Tony we were wondering if you had names yet. So we could start processing the paper work.”

Names yes he did have names. Had them since he found out he was having two sons and a daughter.

Looking back at them he smiled gently. He nodded to the first crib that held his oldest son. From the corner of his eye he saw the nurse get a notepad.

“His name is Braden Alexander Dinozzo.” He said running a finger down his sons cheek. Turning to the next crib he did the same to his daughter.

“Her name will be Savannah Sofia Dinozzo.”

Then he turned to the last crib and did the same as he did with his older brother and son. “ And he’s Riley Michael Dinozzo.”

The nurse smiled fondly as he saw the adoration and love in the Agent eyes when he looked at his babies. He will be an excellent father.

“Those are beautiful names Tony. I will go get started on the birth certificates and get you copies.” Tony only nodded as she walked away.

……………

A cry brought him out of his memory of the birth of his babies.

“What’s wrong?” he said turning Riley on his side and rub his sons back.

He watched his son eyes blink sleepily. “You going to sleep now little man?” he whispered to his now sleepy son. A few minutes later Riley was asleep.

He lifted his head to look at the clock that read it was 3:35 a.m. he only had 3 hours to sleep before he had to get up before he left. He wanted to leave early so he could be in New York early before his cousins left work.

Getting comfortable and making sure his babies didn’t roll off the bed he settled down to get some more sleep.

……………….

When Tony woke up a few hours later he saw that his babies were still asleep. He looked at the clock and saw that it was 6:15 it was time to get up and get ready to hit the road before Gibbs showed up.

He didn’t want anyone from his team to know about his children at least not yet well only two of them knew but he knew they wouldn’t tell anyone without his permission.

He was about to step in the bathroom when he heard a knock at the door and a familiar voice called out to him.

“Anthony.” He sighed in relief for a second he thought that it was Gibbs.

He turned and headed to the kitchen where he heard Mrs. Wellstone was.

Time to get this show on the road.