- Text Size +
“Good Morning!” Tony greeted as he entered the kitchen to see Mrs. Wellstone or Beth as she prefer to be called take a carton of eggs, bacon, and sausage out of the fridge.

She turned to look at Tony and smiled at him. “Good morning. Anthony.” She said turning back to the stove to get breakfast started. Tony was about to protest but before he could say anything Beth beat him to it. “Oh shush you. Now go get ready because I know you want to get out of here before that boss of yours comes storming in.”

Tony snapped his mouth shut and looked at Beth in disbelief because she had spoken with her back to him. Beth glanced back at Tony and laughed when she saw him looking at her with wide eyes. “Go on Anthony, go get ready for your trip.”

Tony shook his head and laughed. “Alright Mrs…Beth sorry Beth.” He corrected himself half way when she turned to glare at him. “The kids are in my room. They should be waking up soon.” He said glancing at the clock it read 6:28. Which meant he had at least 15 minutes to get ready and hit the road.

“Alright dear. I’ll check on them in a few minutes and get them ready for the trip.” She replied while she continues preparing breakfast.

Tony nodded even thought she had her back to him. “Okay.” He walked out of the kitchen and headed to the bathroom to get ready.

………….

Ten minutes later he walks out of the bathroom showered and dressed. He headed up to his room where he could hear Beth talking which prompt him to walk a little faster to his room knowing his babies were up. Pushing the door wider he smiled seeing his babies awake and ready for their first travel.

Beth turned around hearing the bedroom door open and smiled seeing Tony walk in, ready for his travel. Turning to look at Braden who was the last of babies for her to get dressed. Turned him so he could see his daddy and pointed at Tony.

“Look baby who is that? Is that daddy?” Braden look at where she was pointed and his face lit up at seeing his daddy and held up his arms indicating for Tony to take him in his arms. Tony immediately took him in his arms and hugged him close just taking comfort in his son. Braden curled up on his daddy’s shoulder. He wouldn’t let anything happen to him, Riley, or Savannah, they became his whole world the day they came into this world. He’d die before anyone took them from him.

Snapping out of his thoughts when he heard babbling from the bed where Riley and Savannah were still sitting playing with soft toys. Chuckling and kissing Braden on the forehead he sat him on the bed and grab his daughter and hugged her to him as he had done with Braden then kissed her on the cheek and then sat her down and picked up Riley hugged him and kissed him as he had done with his brother and sister.

He was about to pick up Savannah again when there was knock at the door follow closely by three more. He sighed in relief when he heard the code that only a few select few knew. Placing Riley and Savannah back on the bed he turned to look at Beth who was holding Braden close and was looking at him nervously. She moved closer to Riley and Savannah and sat down on the bed.

“Stay here and under no circumstances should you leave this room until I come and get you.”

Beth looked at Tony and could see that something was going on, something dangerous not wanting to put the babies in anymore danger she nodded her head. Tony gave her a reassuring smile and nodded and headed to his closet to grab his gun from the save he had gotten right before he had brought the triplets home.

Gun in hand he headed out the bedroom turning to look at Mrs. Wellstone and his kids he smiled seeing his playing with soft toys. Beth smiled back at him and nodded at him letting him know they would be fine. Tony nodded and walked out the room and headed to the door. Unlocking the door he grab the doorknob and turned it and pull the door open. Sighing in relief at who was at the door he opened the door wider silently telling the person to come in.

“What are you doing here Jack?” Tony asked Jack as he clipped his gun on his back and walked into the living room.

“Were you going to shoot me Tony?” Jack asked amusedly following Tony into the living room and sat on the couch.

Chuckling Tony shook his head and sat opposite Jack and looked at him and smirked. “Maybe.”

Jack laughed at the mischief he saw in Tony’s eyes. Calming down he looked at Tony and could see some thing else in his eyes beside humor but wasn’t sure what it was. Sighing he took the envelope he was told to deliver to Tony and handed to him. He’d always had a soft spot for Tony since he had met him years ago. He knew that Tony has been hurt so much by a lot of people but most of all, his father by far was the worst one. If he ever met the guy he would strangle him for giving up a son as great Tony. He was startled out his musing when he heard a baby cry.

……………

Tony took the envelope from Jack and opened it, inside was license with his picture and the name of Jason Di Marco, as well as 4 passports one for him the other three for his kids as well birth certificates, the only differences was the last name. So they really want him to disappear, for how long now that was the question. Looking up at Jack, he was about to ask but was interrupted by one of his children’s cry. Standing to go check on them he was stopped by Jack’s voice.

“ Can I meet them?” he was standing as well looking at him with a nervous expression something he had never seen on Jack Hamilton. Jack was a man with confidence who never got nervous, now here he was standing nervously asking if he could meet his children like he was expecting him to say no.

Smiling at Jack he nodded his head. “Sure I’ll bring them out. I think they’re hungry.” Tony turned and walked out of the living room and went to get his babies.

Jack sat right back down taking a big relieve breath. He didn’t know why he was nervous asking Tony to be his children but he had always thought of the kids he trained as his kids but their was something about Tony that he felt more protective of him. He looked around the apartment but couldn’t see any signs that there were any kids living there. Which was strange because he knew Tony was very excited about his babies. There wasn’t as single picture of the triplets anywhere either which he knew that there some since he would get one twice a month. He turned towards the door when he heard footsteps coming, he stood when he saw Tony walk in with two babies in his arms and older woman right behind him with another baby. He smiled as the kids hid their faces.

He looked at Tony in the eyes and said. “Tony they are beautiful.”