- Text Size +
"Flight 6278 to Miami, Florida is now boarding. Flight 6278 is now boarding."

Was heard over the intercom. Tony stood from where he sat waiting for his flight to leave. Grabbing his carry on bag and headed to his gate number. As he waited to be check in, doubt started to cloud his mind about laving.

No you're doing the right thing he told himself silently. He knew that if he didn't walk away right now he never would and would be unhappy as he have been for that past year and half. Now he had the chance to be truly happy and he was taking the chance.

His phone vibrated as he walked up to the flight attendant who was checking tickets. He smiled at her while looking down at his phone to see that he had a text message from Jimmy.

Hey Tony have a safe flight call me when you land. J

Thanks J, I will. T

He texted back, while he boarded the plane and sat in his seat. It was about time he got his happiness and he will be damn to let get away.

….

Gibbs was grateful for the silence. He didn't know how he was going tell McGee, Ziva, Ducky, Jimmy, and Abby about Tony's letter.

The more he thought about the letter the more pissed off he became. He wasn't sure of who he was more pissed off at himself for letting this happen or Tony for doing this to them.

Both Ziva and Mcgee were confused and worried about their teammate but were to scared to ask so they had to wait until they go to Tony's apartment.

When they arrived at the apartment complex they didn't see Tony's car. Gibbs gut was telling him that Tony was long gone and that scared him. But he remained calmed he couldn't let Mcgee and Ziva know he was worried after all he pried himself of never showing emotions so he couldn't afford to let his guard down now.

Screeching to a stop in the first available space near the entrance. He jumped out of the car as soon as the engine was off, Mcgee and Ziva following right behind him. Hurrying to get to Tony's apartment he took the stair two at a time, as he got to Tony's floor, his gut was still telling him he that Tony wasn't there. He wasn't going to believe it until he saw with his own two eyes that Tony was in fact gone. He knew that seeing it wouldn't make a difference either way.

He's still there he told him self but deep down he knew that he was lying to himself.

When they turned the corner to the hallway of Tony's door it was open, he drew his weapon Knowing very well that no one was home but still he had to be caution.

Walking quietly to the door, signaled for each one of them to take a side of the door. At the count of three Gibbs kicked the door open and all three rose there weapons only to freeze as they entered the apartment.

Gibbs was shocked; he couldn't believe that Tony was gone. Looking around the living room or what use to be Tony's living room that once was filled with Tony's movies, his entertainment system, and furniture was now gone. The rooms, were void of what was a nice decorated living room was now an empty room. He knew that the other rooms were going to be as empty as this room.

Tony's apartment was empty of everything. Everything was cleaned out, no traces that Tony had ever lived there. Mcgee and Ziva were shocked and confused. What was going on they asked them selves. Mcgee started to ask when a voice interrupted him from behind.

"Are you interested in the apartment?"

They turned only to come face first with Tony neighbor Mrs. Wellston. Realization of who they were crossed her face.

"Oh you're looking for Tony aren't you?"

"Yes we are." Ziva answered when she notice that Mcgee and Gibbs were still unable to speak.

"Do you know where he is or where he could have gone?" Mcgee asked before Mrs. Wellston could answer.

Both of them looked hopefully at her. Their hope died, as she shook her head no.

Shaking her head she answered. " No, I don't. All he said was that he was moving. He said goodbye last night and said that once he was settled he would call me to let me know he was okay and left."

"He didn't leave a forwarding address?"

"As I said he didn't say much. However I have a suspicion that he followed his lover. They have been together for quite a while now."

All of them were shocked to hear that Tony was in relationship a serious one at that and they didn't know about.

With a last glance at the empty apartment Gibbs turned and stormed out of the building.

Ziva followed right behind him. Mcgee, not wanting to be left there without a ride, hurried after them.

"Thanks Mrs. Wellston."

Mcgee called out over his shoulder as he went after his two teammates.

Mrs. Wellston stood at her door stunned of what had just happened. The last thought that went through her mind as she closed the door,

Even if I knew where Tony was I wouldn't tell you.

….

Once they were in the car and heading back to the Navy yard, Gibbs finally spoke.

"Mcgee call Ducky and tell him to meet us in Abby's lab with Palmer as well."

Mcgee hesitated at first not knowing what was going on and desperately wanted to know. Ziva stayed silent.

When Gibbs noticed he barked out. "Now Mcgee!"

He flinched at the harshness off his voice but did as he was told. She promised that they would be waiting in the lab for them.

The ride back was as silent as when they were going to Tony's apartment. All of them asked themselves why?



Both Mcgee and Ziva entered the lab with Gibbs right behind them. They saw that Ducky and Jimmy were already waiting for them. When Gibbs entered they felt the tension and anger from Gibbs. Abby, Ducky, and Jimmy were confused of what was going on. They knew something was wrong but didn't know what. Abby was the one to ask.

"Gibbs what going on. Ducky said you wanted to speak to all of us. Is something wrong? And if this is a team meeting shouldn't he be here he's part of the team too you know. We can't leave him out like this. He won't forgive us. And…"

"Tony resigned." Gibbs cut Abby off before he chicken out. He decided to be blunt instead of dragging out.

Everyone in the room froze at Gibbs statement. Even, Abby stopped mid rant. They couldn't believe that Tony resigned and that he didn't tell them. Mcgee and Ziva were confused of how Gibbs knew that. Yes Tony apartment was empty but he could have moved to another apartment right. Ducky and Abby were looking at Gibbs in shocked. Jimmy stood there with his face emotionless.

Abby was the one to recover before anyone else and deny that Tony would quit.

"NO, that's not true. Tony would never resign NCIS he loves it too much to quit. Especially without telling us. Gibbs say this is one of Tony's Jokes please." Abby looked at Gibbs pleading at him as well as the rest of them. They wanted them to say that he was joking, that he was lying and that Tony was hiding somewhere and laugh at them. But he couldn't tell them that because he didn't know where Tony was.

"I'm sorry. I wish I was lying Abby but I'm not."

He watched their reactions Mcgee and Jimmy were shocked. Ziva's face didn't give anything away but he knew she was hurt; he saw Ducky's grief on his face and also something else but didn't know what it was. And Abby broke down and threw herself at him.

It broke his heart to see Abby like this, heartbroken.

He cursed Tony for doing this to them.

When they find him he was going to head slap him so hard. That he wont ever think of something so stupid as resigning again.

Jimmy left the lab unnoticed by the rest of the team. He had a call to make.

They stood there lost in their own grief until Gibbs told them that they were going to search for Tony until they found him. Everyone got to work with a little hope of finding their friend.

They were going to find Tony and bring him back home where he belongs. How hard could it be to find him after all they find murderers for a living they could find a special agent right?

What they didn't know was that it was going to be Four year later when they got to see Tony again.



Tony stepped out of the plane and took a deep breath as he headed for luggage claim. He was free of the disrespect, the snide and hurtful remarks, and being belittle by his co-workers. No more being the whipping boy.

He was getting his luggage and wondered where his ride was, couldn't see them through the crowd of people. The airport was so busy you could barely walk through. When he spotted his luggage he retreat them and was going for his phone when a shout of.

"Tony!"

Was heard right behind him, he turned and smiled his biggest smile, when he saw his lover standing a few feet away and knew he had made the right decision of coming here.

He was finally home.