- Text Size +
Four Years Later


He found himself sitting on the beach, thinking, it had become his sanctuary throughout the years he has been living in Miami. He could spend hour upon hours watching the waves crash lost in his own thoughts.

It was something he never had in D.C.

Over the years he’d been in Florida he found himself sitting on the beach thinking about what he left in D.C. and what he had now in Miami but not once had regretted his decision of leaving D.C.

He wouldn’t trade his life now for the life he had back in D.C. because it was ten times better then it was. He never thought that he would ever know the happiness that he had felt these last four years.

He was so lost in thought that he never heard the footsteps nearing him until he heard a voice right beside him.

“I knew I’d find you out here.”

He jumped startled and whipped around to come face to face with his lover. Who was looking at him in amusement and something else he couldn’t identify.

Eric Delko stared at him searching for something until he looked away uncomfortable. He heard Eric sigh and moved to sit next to him.

They sat in silence for few minutes watching the waves.

“What on your mind? Thinking about them again?”

“What no! Of course not.” It was lie and he knew Eric didn’t believe it either.

Silence followed.

“I wont stop you if you want to go visit you know.”

His voice was a bare whisper and he almost missed it. He sighed turning to look at his lover of almost seven years, Eric didn’t turn to look at him but he knew that he was watching him out of the corner of his eye. He smiled sadly at him then turned back to the ocean.

“I can’t and I won’t you know why?’ he said. He saw Eric shake his head. “Because you are my life since the day I met you. You saved me from a very dark place and gave me the happiness that I never thought I deserved and still don’t deserve.”
He felt Eric turn to him and just looked at him. He turned and locked eyes with him, he saw so many emotions cross his face until it settled on one that he never thought would ever be directed at him, Love.

“You listen to me Tony and listen closely. I don’t ever want to hear you say that you think you never deserve happiness okay.”

He stared at him before he slowly nodded his head.

They sat in silence for few minutes staring at each other. Eric smiled at him knowing he got the message loud and clear.

Eric leaned closer until their lips were a bare whisper.

“I Love You.” He whispered brushing their lips together. When Eric pulled away he open his eyes and smiled at him and leaned in again for another kiss.

Chuckling he pulled away and stood up. “I’ll see you at home.” He said more then asked.

He nodded his head and watched Eric walk away. Turning back to the horizon and watched the sun set.

Miami was home now,

It had been since the day he met his lover.

He stood and followed Eric back to the house. He saw him standing by the stove cooking. He leaned against the doorframe to the kitchen and watched him move around preparing dinner. He cleared his throat, waiting for Eric to turn to him.

“I love you too.” He said.

Eric smiled at him and went back to his cooking.

“I know.” He said.

……………..

The sound of the elevator was heard throughout the empty room.

The doors opened and Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs stepped out with his ever-present cup coffee. He was at the office two hours early. This has been his routine since Tony’s disappearance four years ago.

He went through every clue that they had of Tony’s movements and behavior before he resigned but they would always come up blank.

When they had started searching for Tony they never thought it was going to take this long to find him. But they had forgotten that Tony was an ex-cop and an ex-agent who knew how to hide and not be found.

They had contacted some of Tony’s frat brothers. Well the ones he was still in contact with, but it was useless as not one was very helpful and was told by all of them that they didn’t know where Tony was.

He knew they were lying, but had no proof of that. They knew where he was but weren’t telling him. He just didn’t know why they were denying knowing where Tony is.

After a month in a half of not hearing from Tony, They started to lose hope of finding him. He couldn’t and wouldn’t give up of looking for him.

As the weeks and months went by and still no word from Tony, They went back to their lives with something missing from them.

A year after Tony resigned they were assigned there first probie who only lasted two hours working with Gibbs. More agents came and went through the first year and second year.

Until two years ago Special Agent Daniel Johnson joined the team, he was a lot more stubborn and took on Gibbs temper.

Gibbs was impressed with him and left him on the team. He only kept Daniel because he reminded him of Tony.

Going through the notes that he made of Tony’s behavior of the months before Tony quit to see if he missed something but every time he came up with nothing. Frustrated he put everything away and looked up to see Tony’s desk, no not Tony’s anymore it hasn’t been his for the past four years. Remembering Tony brought back the pain of him leaving and knew he couldn’t stay there any longer.

He decided to go to autopsy to talk to Ducky. He looked at the time and saw that It was 7:15 Ducky should be there already. Standing and picking up his coffee he took a sip as he walked towards the elevator but at the last minuet he decided to take the stairs.

As he neared the autopsy floor he could hear a voice but couldn’t place it. Until he turned the last landing did he see Jimmy Palmer standing in the corner by the door talking on the phone he was about go on by him when a name caught his attention that he froze in place.

“ Tony you know that you don’t have too. Yes Brenna and I will be coming. Don’t know what day yet. Uh huh you… All right, I’ll let you know. Say hi to everyone for me. Bye.”

Jimmy hang up the phone and started to push the door open when a voice stopped him mid step.

“ You knew.”

He turned only to come face to face with a furious Gibbs.