- Text Size +
His heart was pounding in his chest that he thought that it would jump out of his chest at any moment. He could feel Gibbs stare at his back until the door closed. He sighed in relief once the door was close behind him.

Instead of going into autopsy where he knew Dr. Mallard was already. He headed for the elevator, he was grateful that the doors open as soon as he pressed the button. He stepped in and the doors closed. He just needed a few minutes to get himself together.

He couldn’t believe Gibbs wanted him to tell him where Tony was.

Even if he were dying he wouldn’t give up Tony’s location. His happiness has always been his first priority.

That’s why when Tony had gone to him about moving to Miami he didn’t hesitate to help him pack. He had always wanted Tony to be happy and would doing anything for him to be happy.

……………

He had just gotten home and was about to sit down and eat his pizza when there was knock at his door. Confused he headed to the door. He wasn’t expecting anyone especially at this time of night.

“Who is it?” he questioned before he opened the door.

“Its me Jimmy.”

He sighed in relief when he heard Tony’s voice on the other side of the door.

“Tony! You scared me!” he said as he opened the door for Tony.

Tony chuckled as he walked in to the apartment.

“Sorry for scaring you Autopsy gremlin.”

There was something in Tony’s voice. But didn’t question him, he knew that if he gave him time he would say what he needed to say.

“ I was going to watch the basketball game and eat. There’s enough for two.”

Tony looked at him and slowly nodded his head.

“Sure Jimmy. That would be great.”

Jimmy headed for the living room with Tony following him.

He grabbed the remote from the side table and turned the T.V, on Tony sat on the other side of the couch. He sat forward and grabbed the pizza box and put it in between them.

They sat in silence watching the game and eating the pizza.

Jimmy knew Tony wasn’t paying attention to the game and if he was honest he wasn’t either.

“ I had enough.”

Tony’s voice was wary and defeated.

He was afraid of that, and right there and then decide that whatever Tony decided to do then he was going to support him.

“ What are you going to?” he asked him lightly. But he knew what was coming.

“I’m going to Miami.”

He looked at Tony; really looked at him he had dark circles under his eyes and knew that he hadn’t been sleeping well. He was exhausted not just physically, but mentally as well. He knew that it was for the best, that Tony would be better off in Miami with E who would make him happy.

“All right when are you leaving?”

Tony looked at him surprised.

“Did you actually think I was going to stand in the way of your happiness? No way. I knew that sooner or later that you were going to follow E to Miami.”

He laughed at Tony when his eyes grew distanced and knew he was thinking about E.

Tony smiled brighten his face just thinking of E.

Jimmy cleared his throat. When Tony was still lost in his memories.

Startled he looked at him and his smiled vanished and just looked at him.

“Thanks jimmy.” Tony said sincerely.

Jimmy shrugged. “What are friends for?”

……………………….

The opening of the doors brought him out of his memories. He shook himself mentally and saw that the elevator had arrived at the garage. He looked up just as Ziva and Mcgee were stepping in.

“Morning Jimmy.”

‘Good Morning Jimmy” both of them greeted him.

“Good Morning Ziva, Mcgee.”

They rode the elevator in silence to the third floor.

Since Tony left Jimmy could barely stand to be in the same room as Mcgee and Ziva. They had no idea what Jimmy’s problem with them. They could feel the tension in the room whenever Jimmy was in a room with them. But they never question him about it and Jimmy never said anything so they left it alone.

The elevator stopped at the third floor they stepped out as soon as the doors opened the tension being too much.

“Have a good day Mcgee, Ziva.” He nodded curtly at them when he doors started to close.

“Thanks.”

He heard right as the doors closed.

It made him furious that they didn’t understand what they did to Tony. He had plan on telling them off but Tony had made him promise he wasn’t going to say anything to them.

As soon as the opportunity presented it self, he was going to go off them. It was their fault that Tony left.

He couldn’t wait.

…………….

“Ah Mr. Palmer there you are.” Ducky said looking up from the report he was reading when Jimmy walked in.

“Good morning Doctor.” He said going back to the report he had been working on before he had gotten Tony’s call.

“Good morning lad. How are you this fine morning?” Ducky watch his assistant closely and could tell something was troubling him.

“Could be better Doctor.”

“Ah Yes Jethro informed me of your conversation.”

Jimmy pause and stared at Ducky wide eye. He should have known that Gibbs was going to tell Ducky.

“He told you?”

“Of course my dear boy. However I had already suspected that you might have known where Young Anthony is. I wont ask you of his location. However I would like to ask something? If its alright for you?”

Jimmy hesitantly nodded his head.

“How is Anthony doing?”

“He’s happy Dr. Mallard. Way happier then he was here.”

“Hmm.” Ducky sighed, “I’m glad. He deserves all the happiness in this life.”

Jimmy nodded in agreement and sighed in relief thankful that Ducky hadn’t asked where Tony was because that information was stay with him. However, he was going to speak with Tony about telling Ducky or at least for him to talk to him. He knew that Ducky had been worried about him all these years.

They were silent for a while both lost in there thoughts.

“ All right Mr. Palmer left finish these report before something comes up.

“Yes Doctor.”