- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs and his father are off on vacation but Tobias wants to come too.
“Ok you don’t like Leroy,” Jackson asked down the phone.

“Never said I didn’t like, but you got any idea what you are letting us in for?” his son replied.

“You’re my son; we used to go fishing…..you remember, father and son? Leroy you’re looking peeky, or you were the last time I saw you. You need to get out that basement, get some fresh air into your lungs, get some sun round your face……”

“Ok dad, ok when?” Gibbs asked, listening to his father tell of a fishing trip to Lake Chillisquaque , and what he wanted to do, “Dad, accommodation, you going to sleep in a tent?”

“Leroy, was going to borrow an RV that ok by you?” Jack now asked.

“I………..I take it am driving?” Gibbs asked down the phone smiling.

“You wouldn’t mind, would you son, I mean I’m not getting any younger.”

“Ok I’ll ask for some leave, when did you say?..........10 days ok, I’ll call you next week.” as Gibbs replaced the phone in the cradle.


WEE


The following week came quickly, a little murder of a Petty Officer, domestic quarrel leading to death, why didn’t he just divorce her, Gibbs had thought to himself. But then to lose your liberty was more difficult than having your bank account emptied. He had packed a rucksack and was heading for the door when a familiar car drew up outside, Gibbs sighed. He opened the door to the approaching figure.

“Tobias.” Gibbs acknowledged.

“Jethro………going somewhere?” was the reply.

“Yep, Dads, I’m having a vacation, but if you want to housesit you’re welcome, just leave the drink as you find it.” Gibbs replied, shutting the door and locking before waving the keys at Tobias

“Half empty then.” Fornell smiled.

“Half full would be better, but what do you want?” Jethro asked now looking down at his watch, “I’m going to have to go.”

“Gibbs……….can I join you?”

“Why Tobias, what have you done or who are you hiding from this time?” Gibbs questioned.

“If I said Diane, would you believe me?” Fornell asked.

“Oh yeah Tobias I would, but why?” Jethro asked smiling.

“The holidays, Diane wants me to take Emily, but I can do nothing right in Diane’s eyes.” Tobias replied.

“Yep, neither could I, but Tobias quick where is this leading?” Gibbs now asked getting ever so slightly annoyed.

“I wondered, if you could help?” Fornell questioned.

“ME, I’m not the best person to ask. Look Tobias I’m going to Dads, you want to tag along now for the week, please yourself, but I got to go,” as Gibbs began to walk to the Dodge.

“Gibbs, can I leave my car here?” Tobias asked sheepishly.

“Sure, but come on.” Gibbs waved smiling, and then watching Tobias take a bag from the trunk. Gibbs reversed his Dodge out the drive and watched as Tobias drove his car in, park up and then pick up his bag from the sidewalk and throw into the rear of Gibbs’ car.

“Ready?” Gibbs asked.

“Yes.” Fornell replied.

“Well belt up,” as Jethro slammed the car into gear and sped off down the street, “And you can start telling me the whole sorry tale.”