- Text Size +
They arrived just before 5.00pm, into Stillwater, and Gibbs drove to his father’s store. He parked at the rear, and indicted to Tobias to join him.

“Dad won’t bite,” as Gibbs knocked on the back door and entered, “Dad………”

“Leroy…….just cashing up, come through. Why didn’t you use the front?” Jack shouted.

“Got a surprise for you,” Gibbs answered.

“You ain’t gone and married again without telling me?” Gibbs heard his father shout.

“Nope, but I did bring an acquaintance, you thought I was peeky, well you have to meet Tobias,” as Gibbs stepped aside and let Tobias in.

“Howdy, Mr Gibbs, Jethro said it was fine for me to tag along.”

“Leroy, you want to talk, man to man, I never knew, I always thought……..but hey, it is a modern world. Welcome son.” as Jackson handed Tobias his hand in friendship.

“Dad, I’m not………..you know…….Tobias and I go back a long way. Lets’ say we married the same woman once.”

“Yes, name of Diane.” Fornell replied, “But not at the same time.”

“Could have fooled me Tobias, Dad, I came back from a three month stint in the Med, as Agent Afloat, to find Tobias and Diane cozying up.”

“But she was your ex-wife.” Jackson replied.

“No dad…… my wife, I could have killed them both, but instead divorced the bitch, told you Tobias, about the bank account.” Gibbs laughed.

“Ok my judgement was bad, I was smitten, as your Dr Mallard would say.” Tobias replied looking sheepish.

“Never did tell me why you divorced her, now I know.” Jack answered.

“That, and the fact she said she was pregnant, or so she said……..but dad the math didn’t add up, so I subtracted her from me,” Gibbs replied looking at Fornell.

“Ok, but you two are still friends after all that?” Gibbs dad asked, shaking his head.

“Safety in numbers, Mr Gibbs.” Fornell replied.

“Call me Jackson or Jack, more informal, now where you going to crash tonight, only made the one spare bed up, won’t take a minute to make the other……….but you sure you want to tag along?”

“If you don’t mind?” Tobias now replied looking at father and son.

“Three men in a boat, gonna be hell, Dad.”

“Why you say that?” Jackson now questioned, beginning to smile.

“Hell Dad, Tobias doesn’t fish……….he’s a city slicker. The nearest he gets to water is having a shower or brushing his teeth.”

“Please Gibbs, give me some credit……” Fornell started to say.

“Credit……..no credit……..Diane cleared us both out remember.” Gibbs laughed.

“Oi, am I gonna have to shoot you two? I am so glad I only had Leroy…….two sons would HAVE been murder.” Gibbs’ father concluded laughing.