- Text Size +
The three waited for what seemed hours, the boys had decided to take a nap in the cabin, Jack a gentle line fishing, but he heard the chug chug chug of an outboard in the distance.

“Hey you two wasters gonna wake…….looks like the LEO’s arriving.” Jack shouted.
Gibbs rose from the cabin followed by Fornell. The sun was beginning to rise further in the sky, “Been busy dad?”

“Nah, no bites, bad blood,………..the stench of decay. Body still floating there, it ain’t going anywhere,” as they saw the boat approach.

“Morning,” they heard a voice shout, “Mr Gibbs?”

“Yeah,” Gibbs and his father replied in unison.

“Got a call…………….a dead body?”

“Bodies usually are,” Fornell retorted back.

“I don’t know Tobias, once had a female…………..just lay there………….but could be right she may have been dead.”

“You not ask?” Fornell questioned.

“Nah was Diane.” Gibbs laughed, now looking at the visitors.

“Hey you two,” Jack interrupted.

“So who found the body?” the chief LEO asked.

“We did,” Jethro and Tobias together like two siblings.

“Yeah they hooked up so to speak.” Jackson laughed.

“Dad…………….”

“So………..it’s the only thing you two have agreed about since we got here, no wonder Diane left you two.”

“Diane their mother?” the second LEO now enquired.

“Nope our wife…………” Gibbs now answered beginning to find some fun.

“So Mr Gibbs, your sons hooked the body?” the Chief asked pointing to the corpse in the water.

“Ain’t my sons, well one is ………….the other is his friend.” Jack answered.

“So friend as in………?” the second LEO asked standing like a teapot.

“You want arrested for bad acting?” Tobias growled at the youngster, “For you sure are goin’ the right way about it.”

“Hey,” Gibbs began to say, “I’m NCIS, that’s my dad Jackson, and that,” pointing at Tobias, “Is my ex-wife’s ex-husband Fornell, FBI. We are on vacation and don’t need this. And who’s the guy at the back of the boat?” Gibbs continued pointing at the elderly gentleman.

“Oh him……………..Hamish McBeath…………..local ME, and my wife’s father,” the Chief LEO replied, “Came over from Scotland…………….”

“Don’t tell me you were at Edinburgh Medical School with Dr Mallard,” Jethro now asked his eye twitching.

“But of course……………heard he works out of Washington DC, we don’t correspond much, send Christmas cards………..told me his mother Victoria died a couple of years back. How may I ask, do you ken him, so to speak.” Hamish now wondered.

“Duckman? My ME……….and I’ll tell him you were asking…………but since I’m on vacation, and my father is getting touchy and Fornell over there is only here because our ex-wife is annoying him, could we please hand over the body to you?”

“Got to ask………..Agents Gibbs, Fornell, you touch anything, look for ID or generally disturb my crime scene?” the Chief asked.

“Nope…………..but I reckon body been in the water 4-5 days was on its way up when we snagged………..looking at the face as it turned over…………..shotgun………..either suicide or huntin’ accident…………but I hate to teach you your job………………or as Ducky would say, “Teach your Grandmother to sook eggs.” Gibbs now added looking at Hamish who smiled before relying.

“Quite………..Agent Gibbs…………so boys,” now looking at his son-in-law and the junior LEO, “ Get the body into the body-bag and let me get our guest home, these good people have a vacation to finish, they will have enough to contend with when they go home. So gentlemen I bid you good day.”

The three watched as the LEO’s and the ME went about their work. The body now securely secured, the six said their farewells and the little boat chug chugged off.

“Right……….. now boys can I ask,…………..can we vacate here…………go back get some breakfast and maybe start our vacation again.” Jackson asked.

“Yes Dad,” Gibbs and Fornell replied.


WEE


They sat round the campfire eating ham, eggs and cowboy beans. The weekend hadn’t been that bad, eventful yes, interesting, but something was bothering Gibbs.

“Tobias,” as Gibbs shovelled the beans into his mouth, “Got to ask……………you’ve had no calls from Diane or the Feebs…………..what’s going on?”

“Could ask you the same question, Jethro.” Tobias answered.

“I asked first……….so?” Gibbs now questioned smiling at Fornell.

“Hey you think I’m totally stupid when it comes to our ex-wife…………….don’t answer that…..but I bought a prepaid cell……………..mine is in trunk of my car, and Gibbs you?”

“Trunk of the Dodge……………..yeah, nothing was going to spoil our vacation.”

“One thing boys………two shots ………..one win…….you both married…..divorced Diane…….but you came off good….. who did she eventually hook up with?” Jackson asked as he sipped a beer.

“A Victor Sterling……..Homeland Security, I sent them a waffle iron.” Gibbs replied.

“He turned out to be worth a few million dollars…………my trouble is Emily, she is my daughter.” Tobias replied, “I don’t want her to turn out like Diane, a money grabber.”

“Tobias…….get Emily to join us sometime………if she’s anything like her old man……..she’ll do good.” Jackson answered looking at the two and laughing.

THE END