- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I make no money off of this...I do not own NCIS!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Such a small piece of metal can hold so much meaning.
Who knew that such small pieces of metal could hold so much significance? But when they were placed in my hand the full meaning of them became clear. They meant that I was desired, loved and that I belonged to someone. That I was his.


My heart was pounding as I looked at them in the palm of my hand, feeling the love that was carried with them. I don’t believe I’ve ever been given anything that meant more. I have no words as I look into his smiling and hopeful face, his eyes expressing everything that his heart is feeling.


It’s tangible proof that he claims me for his own, that he wants me and that he loves me. My hand reaches up to caress his face, to somehow convey all that I’m feeling and unable to verbalize. The overwhelming love that I have for him and the treasure that I know he is.


He pulls me closer to him, wrapping me in his arms as his lips meet mine. I know that he wishes we could shout it from the mountain tops and share it with the world and not have to hide it. Someday I tell him.


But for now the few that know about us share our joy and love and revel in our happiness. They smile from where they sit watching as he tenderly takes them from my hand and places them around my neck, his blue eyes shining into my green both filled with love and devotion.


I look down at my chest where they lay, and smile as my hand reaches up to gently the caresses the raised name upon the metal dog tags of Leroy Jethro Gibbs.
Chapter End Notes:
I make no money off of this...I do not own NCIS!