- Text Size +
Story Notes:
My first Fanfic hope you like it - sorry about the rubbish title.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Ziva fakes her own death but later finds out she is pregnant with Tony's child.
Ziva sat on her couch and waited. She knew her father was on his way but she didn't want to go. Why would she want to go? She's leaving Tony, Abby, Jenny, McGee, even Gibbs behind. She had to pretend to be dead, to go live a new life somewhere else. She couldn't think of anything worst. Except what she was about to do. She grabbed her cell and her bags as she set out to meet her pending doom.

***

Abby jumped out of the car and started running to the burning house when McGee grabbed her and pulled her back. "No Abby, you'll only hurt yourself." After a few more minutes of pushing against him she collapsed into him in a heap of tears. McGee tried his best to soothe her.

A few minutes later Dinozzo and Gibbs pulled up to the scene. Gibbs looked normal and Tony looked plain mad. "They pulled a body out of the house when I arrived." Abby said through hiccups.

Tony shook his head. "It's not her. Ziva did not die. She promised me. She promised me she wouldn't die on me."

McGee walked over to Tony. "Tony you're right but Ziva, she, she was-

Tony cut him off. "McGee either leave or help me figure out who's body this is because it's not Ziva's." McGee backed off and walked over to Gibbs who was standing in front.

"What do you think, Gibbs?" McGee was worried. He loved Ziva. She was his sister. They were a team. When one of the team goes missing or dies, they don't react well. Just like when Kate died. Tony took it the hardest. He wasn't going to stop until he killed whoever did this to Ziva; if it was Ziva.

"I think we need to patrol the crime scene and get to work." Gibbs started walking to the house as the firemen just told them it was clear. McGee sighed. Just another day at work? No, not in the slightest.

An hour later Jenny's car pulled up next to the news crews. "Hey, look! It's the director of NCIS! Director Shepard why are you here?" The news crews followed her until she was across the yellow strip of tape.

"Jethro!" The News crews were hanging onto her every word. Gibbs walked over to her. "What are you doing here, Director?"

Jenny started pacing. "If this IS Ziva I want to know everything."

Gibbs looked her in the eye. "Why director? I didn't know you and Ziva were close. Is that how she got the job?"

Jenny's eyes flared with anger and everyone could see it. She took a step closer to him but didn't bother to keep her voice down. "Ziva was one of my best friends Jethro. She was like a daughter to me. She got the job because she has experience and training. I thought she could be a damn good agent and I was right. I know you are mad but don't be taking this out on me Jethro. Never take it out on me."

Gibbs took a step back. He knew Jenny's history with Ziva. It was one of his policies. Always check out the agent before they start. He knew both of their histories. "Jen, director, I'm not angry because it's not Ziva."

As Jenny opened her mouth to reply her phone rang. "Director Shepard."

"Director, it's Ducky. The body is Ziva David." Ducky looked over at the man holding a gun to his head and hung up.

Jenny was speechless as her phone dropped from her hands. "It looks like The Director of NCIS just got some bad news."

Gibbs looked over at the news crews then to Jenny. "Director?" Jenny blinked then crashed to her knees. She was desperate for something, anything. She needed that not to be true. It could not be true. "Jenny!" Gibbs fell with her. "Jen!"

Jenny's head was swarming. Swarming with thoughts of Ziva. It can't be true. Why would Ducky lie though? No Ducky was the best there was. It sounded sincere. "It- it was her." Gibbs shook Jenny. "Who Jenny? Who was it?" Jenny looked Gibbs in the eye. At that moment he new what she was saying. They were having a silent conversation. Are you sure Jenny? Jenny nodded her head.

The news crews were astonished. "It looks like they're talking without talking. It must be the body found in this house, was Ziva David. This is Paula Anderson signing off."

Jenny started crying. She didn't know what to do, what to say. Ziva was dead. This broke her heart in so many little pieces. The pieces Ziva had helped pick up. Gibbs pulled her into his arms. To everyone around them it looked like he was trying to be a good friend but to him it was more. Ever since Paris she wouldn't let him hold her. Never.

Just then Tony came running over. He heard people shouting in the background. He knew it was the news crews but Jenny was his priority right now. "Gibbs, what's going on!" Gibbs had tears in his eyes. Gibbs never got misty eyed. Tony knew right then. "No. No it can't be her. Ducky made a mistake! He makes mistakes Gibbs! He had to of made a mistake. Ziva is alive and waiting to use her ninja skills on me! She has to be Gibbs! She has to." He whispered the last part before falling to his knees. He baried his face in his arms and started crying. Dinozzo would never cry in public for anyone but his team. Yes HIS team. Gibbs might've been the boss but Dinozzo was the big brother. He was the one they went to for a laugh, or dating advice, or a beer. He was there for them. It was his team.

He had to get his Ziva back. If not for her being his partner but because they had some serious talking to do. A couple nights ago they kinda slept together and she's been avoiding him since. Tony thought it was like magic. Always like magic with her. Every kiss, every touch, every thought was like magic with her. Not everyone thought this about Ziva though. As so many guys have hurt her. Tony didn't want that, She couldn't be dead because he hadn't fulfilled his promise to her yet. He promised her he'd always be there for her. He promised her he'd die first. He couldn't go on knowing he hadn't fulfilled his promises.

"Tony!" Tony's head snapped up and he saw Gibbs there. He must have zoned out because everyone was standing in front of him and he was still on the ground. "Come on Tony. Go get some sleep. We'll hand the case off to the F.B.I."

Tony shook his head. "No Gibbs, we can't do that."

Jenny held her hand up. "No Tony. We're all in to deep. Ziva was our friend." Or a little more. Jenny didn't say it a lot but she knew there was something between her agents. Gibbs knew too. He knew how Ziva was avoiding Tony. Jenny did the same thing after Paris. He knew how much Tony needed Ziva to be alive. Ziva was his air. HE hadn't to say this but Tony needed Ziva whether he knew it or not. Gibbs knew this because he needed Jenny. He would never admit this out loud though.

"Jenny, I need to work this." Jenny shook her head and Tony almost started bawling again. Tony needed to work this because he needed to know what happened to Ziva and why Ducky wasn't being truthful because that wasn't Ziva. He knew that wasn't Ziva. It couldn't be Ziva. He still needed Ziva. He needed her to argue with, to joke with, to make fun of. She was his best friend. She was amazing and sweet. She could never get idioms or metaphors right but it was funny. It was Ziva's trademark. It made her her.

Abby came walking over slowly. Almost in a trance. She was holding something. "Is this evidence Gibbs?" She held up the only thing that hadn't been caught in the fire. It looked to be a scrapbook of some kind. Abby held it closer to her chest.

"What is it Abs?" Abby took a step closer to him and opened it up. It held precious photos. There was one where Abby held a black rose and was smiling at someone next to the camera. There was another one where Ziva and Tony were laughing at something and Tony was making a weird face. Abby smiled. She loved her friends. She had to side with Tony on this one. Ziva could not be dead. There was another photo of just Ziva. Her hair was blowing in the breeze because for once she had it down. She was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a red shirt. It was long sleeved and it looked like it was fall since leaves were falling around her. She was smiling but Abby couldn't figure out who took the photo. She just knew it was one of her favorite photos of Ziva.

"It's Ziva's photo album. She only kept one but there are many photos in here. Even a couple from her childhood." Abby closed it and turned to Gibbs. She wanted to keep it. She desperately wanted to keep it.

"No Abby. You can keep that." Abby tucked it into her armpit and hugged Gibbs. "I love ya Abs." She nodded and walked back to McGee's car.

McGee sighed. "I was with Abby when we saw on t.v the fire. I'm going to drive her hom enow." Gibbs nodded. "I'll see you tomorrow." There was sadness in his eyes. There was sadness in his heart.

Gibbs took Jenny's arm. He sent her car home hours ago. "I'll take you home Jen." He threw the cars to the van to Tony. "My house is right around the corner. Go home Tony and get some rest. We'll get through this. We have to. We'll stick together, okay?"

"Okay Gibbs." Gibbs and Jenny set off walking to Gibbs' house and Tony sighed. He was alone. No matter what Gibbs or Jenny or McGee said, he was alone. He was alone because he didn't have Ziva. He didn't have his best friend and partner and so much more. So much more that he'd never tell anyone. So much more that he was afraid to tell himself. So much more that he knew he was in love with Ziva David.

"Ziva, are you okay?" There was another knock at the bathroom door.

Ziva sat up against the bathroom door with her head in her hands. "Yes papa. I'm fine." She wasn't though. She wouldn't be fine for so long. She needed Tony. She only had a picture. It was the picture of her and him at the Christmas party a few years ago. They were laughing and he had an arm around her shoulder. Everything was changing now though. She looked down at the little plastic tester thing in her hand. It had a plus on her. She was pregnant with Tony Dinozzo's kid.
Chapter End Notes:
My first Fanfic hope you like it - sorry about the rubbish title.