- Text Size +
Chapter 3

The sun warmed her face as she took a deep breath. She was sitting on the roof of NCIS. It had began to be to much for her in there. Tally wanted to find her mom but she didn't know what to do. She had to stay away from everyone except those who worked at NCIS because she didn't know who her grandfather had hired to come take her back. She had to stay away from Rivkin and her grandfather. Tally really needed to get a better life. When her mother was found she vowed to get them together. She new Ziva was in love with Tony because of the way she stared at his photo, the way she would cry in the middle of the night, and the way she talked about him. She knew it was un-Ziva that was why it had worried her enough to go to D.C. She was ten but her mother would do anything for her and Tally thought it best if she meet her father. Well until everything happened. Tally was lost in deep thought she hadn't even heard the door open and heels clicking on the pavement. Jenny slowly made her way towards the little girl. Jenny knew that Tally would need someone to lean on and since Ziva was kidnapped and Tony was obsessed with finding her she wanted to be the one. What Abby said had gotten to her. They were all family. No matter what. Jenny and Gibbs were the parents, Ziva and Tony the star crossed lovers, and Abby and McGee as the kids always getting into trouble. So if this was true Tally would be her supposed grandchild. Jenny didn't mind this time. They really did feel like a family. She tried to show everyone at NCIS the same level of 'love' but Team Gibbs held a part of her heart that belonged to them. She sighed and tapped Tally on the shoulder.

Tally jumped up and turned ready to bolt. "Woah, Tally, I'm sorry. I thought you heard me coming." Tally shook her head and they both started laughing. That was something they both needed. "I just came up here because I thought you might want some company."

Tally laid back down. "Don't you have an entire building of agents to run?"

Jenny laid down next to her. "They can wait. Cynthia knows my number if anything happens drastic. Plus I'm still here."

Tally smiled a bit. She hadn't smiled since her mother was kidnapped. "So do you want to explain your past with Agent Gibbs with me? I've seen the way he looks at you, and the way you discreetly look away."

Tally raised an eyebrow at her. "I guess it couldn't hurt," Jenny said walking over to the edge and looking out over D.C. Tally followed her and looked up at Jenny's face in a I'm waiting kind of gesture. Jen laughed a bit. "Well he was my boss a while back. I was only a probie. We had an undercover operation in Paris, the city of love. We trekked all across Europe and we became close." Jenny laughed here and looked at the sky. I was beginning to get dark. The sunset was beautiful. "It's hard not to get close when you have to rely on someone to make sure you don't get killed. We trusted each other with our hearts. Tally, do you know what star crossed lovers are?"

Tally nodded. "Yes, it means lovers who really shouldn't be together. Dad and mom were star-crossed lovers before."

Jenny nodded. "Yes me and Jethro were star-crossed lovers. It's against the rules to fraternize, or date, your partner or boss." Jenny laughed again but it wasn't filled with humor. "We found out why. I was deeply in love with him but he wrote it off as a fling and before you ask, he told me so. See me and Jethro got split up for a few weeks. I didn't know where he was. I figured he had gotten captured or something but a few weeks later he came back and told me that he was quitting the mission and he never really loved me. He had played me." Jenny looked down at her hands. "I took a job higher up and finally made it to the top. That's our background."

Jenny stared off into the clouds and laughed. Tally looked at her. "Are you crazy? You let him walk because he said he didn't love you?" She had put a lot of emphasis on said.

"I guess so, kid. I was to angry to see if he was telling the truth or not. I don't think he was but now it's to late."

Tally sensed something wasn't right here. "Why is it too late?"

Jenny turned to look Tally in the eye. Why not right. At least then someone besides Ducky could know. "I'm sick."

Back where Ziva's being held.

Ziva lay crumpled in a ball in the corner. She wanted to try to sleep but, if she was being honest with herself, she was scared. She knew Rivkin wanted her alive because he had said he loved her. She thought he was dead. She came to terms with it. She had loved Rivkin at a time but now she only wanted HIM. She still couldn't be that true with herself as saying his name would make it real.

Ziva's side was killing her because of Rivkin. He didn't like Tony asking her if she were okay or the fact that Ziva asked how their child was. She took a deep breath and the door slammed open. Rivkin walked over to her. "Hey there beautiful."

He grabbed her by the hair and pulled her lips to his. He then dropped her and pulled his phone out. Ziva shut her eyes for a split second and tried to will the pain in her side to go away. Rivkin dialed the number and handed the phone to Ziva. "Tony. How are you."

"Hey Ziver. I'm tired and strained. Abby's been breathing down my neck about this new case we've got. So Tally and the director have gotten close. Tally and she are on the roof."

Ziva started humming the song Wish You Were Here by Avril Lavigne. "Yeah? Is that so? That's cute. Jenny's always been like a mother to me."

Tony wanted to hug her but of course he couldn't until they found her. "Yeah, they were talking about Gibbs when I peeked in on them. I quickly left though. Hey Z, I wish I was there too."

Ziva bit her lip as Rivkin laughed. He took the phone from Ziva. "Well Dinozzo I have a challenge for you. If you can find Ziva in, let's say, 4 days, you get to keep her and Tally. I'll give you a hint, we're still in D.C and it's a house. Your time is up." Ziva stared at Rivkin as his boot came down on her head. "Good night Ziva."