- Text Size +
Gibbs took no time at all to get to the warehouse that Tim called out directions for. He pulled up outside with a sound of tires burning and he climbed out, not even turning the car off-a determined look on his face. "Ziva, I want you on my six, Timothy, you make sure no one gets in and out unless it's us," he told him over his shoulder, Ziva catching up to him, gun already drawn.

With the way she'd been raised, Ziva had to be alert and aware, and it wasn't long before she saw the slightest movement out of the corner of her eye and spun on her heel, only taking a second to aim her gun before she was shooting twice, hearing the man fall to the ground with a thud and a groan. He'd gotten one shot in before going down, but it had flown past Ziva's head, his aim terrible.

"Keep your eyes open, Gibbs. I know you're good, but so are these guys," she told the man in a hushed tone. "Most of them, anyway." She assumed they had the best of them working closer to wherever they were keeping Tony.

"Rule number-" Gibbs started only to be interrupted by Ziva.

"Three, never underestimate your opponent."

"That's not rule three, rule three is 'Don't believe what you're told. Double check.'"

"Those are Tony's rules... he doesn't have as many as you apparently," Ziva told him seriously, clearing the the area as they closed in on the warehouse in front of them.

Gibbs smiled a bit. "That's a good rule," he said before he was all business again, Ziva kicking in the door on his count and the two of them rushing into blackness, their guns going off as they brought down the men in the room. It wasn't until the room fell into silence that they dropped their guard and Gibbs headed over to where Tony was tied up, only to find him out like a light. He brought his hand up and checked his pulse, finding it strong and steady despite the blood he could smell strongly. Pulling out his knife, the older man, cut Tony free and pulled his arm around his shoulder lifting him and shouting at Ziva.

"Grab his other arm!"

The two of them managed to drag Tony's almost lifeless body out of the warehouse just as the dead man's cigarette caught fire on an old newspaper, smoke starting to rise. Ziva stumbled and Gibbs took most of DiNozzo's weight, pausing to wait for her to right herself. He was hit before he could even realize that they were in trouble, the shot to his shoulder sending him and DiNozzo stumbling backwards into the sunlight.

There were a few more gunshots, two from McGee's gun, one from the man who had shot Gibbs, and one from Ziva. It was a shot from McGee's gun that sent the shooter to the ground, his gun sliding a few feet away.

"Gibbs!" Ziva shouted, putting her gun at her hip before she was grabbing Tony again, taking some of the weight once again so that Gibbs could worry about himself. Once McGee had checked to make sure the man was dead, he kicked the weapon even further out of the way-just in case-and rushed over to help.

"Gibbs, are you alright?" he asked, the concern in his voice almost overwhelming, nerves rattled from not knowing what had gone on inside.

"I'll be fine, it's just a scratch," Gibbs grumbled. There was sweat at his brow, but he slipped Tony's arm back over his shoulder, actually looking furious when Tim tried to take him from him so he could tend to his wounded shoulder. "I said I'm fine, McGee!"

"Yes, Boss, but it-Okay, Boss," Timothy fell silent, knowing not to argue by this point.

"We need to get both of you to a hospital," Ziva said, leaving no room for arguments. "I'm driving."

"Ziva... I don't think that's a good idea, we don't need one of them to have a heart attack on top of all this," McGee spoke up, trailing behind them as they headed for the car.

Turning around to glare, Ziva was tempted to flip him off, but she was having a hard enough time carrying Tony that she held back. "They need medical attention and you drive like a banana, McGee," she pointed out. "Why don't you make yourself useful and get the door open?"

McGee's mouth opened to argue before he just seemed to decide to forget about it, rushing in front and opening the back door so they could get Tony inside.

It wasn't easy.

It was a small car and Jethro was injured, not to mention the fact that Tony was just dead weight, not helping in any way. They finally managed to get him in, his head leaning against the window, the agent on a sort of angle, half sitting up, half slumped.

Both Gibbs and McGee went for the front door and all it took was a look from Gibbs and McGee was climbing in the back with Tony. The older man climbed into the passenger seat, his hand instantly coming up to put pressure on the wound that had now soaked a good quarter of his shirt with blood. Ziva didn't even give them a chance to put on a seat belt before she was pulling out into traffic, heading for the hospital. She was a lot better than she had been, but she was still dangerous and drove around cars and even onto footpaths on occasion.

They made it to the hospital in record time, something Tony would have no doubt teased Ziva for, had he been awake to do so. The woman actually missed being scolded, and glanced in the rearview mirror at him to check up on him.

Apparently, McGee had made a call while they were en route, because before Ziva even had a chance to get out of the car, there were nurses rushing out with a couple of wheelchairs, ready to help in whatever way they could. Ziva helped one of them get Tony into a wheelchair, the other two nurses that had come out left trying to convince Gibbs to sit down in the other.

"Sir, we need to get you inside," one of them tried, reaching up to place a hand on his uninjured shoulder to try and guide him to sit in the chair.

"I still have legs," Gibbs told them before he was walking around them and following Tony and the nurses into the hospital, leaving an exasperated looking nurse behind.

"Is he always like that?" She asked Ziva, putting her hands on her hips.

"I haven't known him very long, but from what I can tell-"

"Yes," McGee finished for her, circling around the nurses to follow Gibbs inside the hospital, wanting to make sure he was alright-he'd lost a lot of blood already. "Boss, you're at least going to let them get the bullet out and stitch you up, aren't you?" he asked the older man, aware of the fact that Tony was the priority right now, but knowing that Gibbs wouldn't be of any help if he didn't take care of himself.

"Of course he is," Ziva replied for him, earning a glare from the older man, one she returned with a smile and a look of her own. "Aren't you, Gibbs?"
Gibbs arched his brow and didn't answer just carried on walking, allowing the nurse to attend to him as he walked, the woman helping him off with his blood soaked shirt, pressing a handful of gauze against the wound. The nurses took Tony through to emergency, the double doors closing behind them as the nurse forced Gibbs to sit down on a bed.

"The Doctor will be here shortly..."

"Give me what I need and I can do it myself," Gibbs said, irritated that he would have to wait. he would have been better off letting Ducky do it.

"We're... not allowed to-" she paused, taking note of the look he was giving her-sort of... scolding and expectant, as though she wasn't doing what was expected of her. "I'll see what I can do," she mumbled before scurrying out of the room right as Ziva walked in.

"What in the world did you do to scare that poor girl off already?" she asked, sounding rather amused by it.

"He wants to take the bullet out of his shoulder himself," McGee explained, frowning in obvious disapproval. "She's gone to get him what he needs."

"I'm not sitting here waiting around for a Doctor to do something I can do myself," Gibbs said gruffly, worried about Tony.

"Go outside and wait for any news to do with Tony," Ziva instructed McGee, pointing to the door and giving him quite the look. She felt a little bad for it, knowing that McGee was only worrying for Gibbs, but she also understood why the older man didn't want to wait. She could already imagine the scene if McGee realized that she planned to pull the bullet out of his shoulder. "You'll have a lot of trouble getting it out one handed. Let me help," she offered, sitting next to him to wait for the nurse to return.