- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Short story, pretty interesting...thought of it last night...
Author's Chapter Notes:
Gibbs is trapped in an elevator with an old love. Being in an enclosed space drives them back into each other's arms...literally...too bad Tony and McGee see them...

I Changed My Mind...

Savannah looked at her watch. She had 5 minutes to get to the third floor of the NCIS building for a meeting. She balanced her brief case, laptop case, purse, and coffee as she ran in the front door. Security held her up briefly. "Hold the elevator!" She called out. A man's arm stuck out into the shutting door, causing it to go back. Savannah barely made it onto the elevator she huffed out a thank you and looked up. "Gibbs." She said.

"Duvahl." He replied.

Savannah took a sip of her coffee as the elevator started up. It reached the second floor and made a sudden stop, and then a sudden drop. "What the hell." Savannah looked at her watch. The light on the elevator flickered off too. "Jesus. What the hell is going on?"

"I don't know." Gibbs replied.

Savannah hit the open door button, and then the third floor button. "Come on."

"I think the elevator is stuck." Gibbs said.

"No really?" Savannah replied. She set her things on the the floor and kneeled down. She pulled out her cellphone. "No reception." She took a sip of her coffee and looked over at Gibbs. "Would you like a drink?" She asked.

"Sure." He said, taking the cup, and gulping down half the coffee. Gibbs handed Savannah her cup back.

She looked at the cup and set it down. "Thanks." She whispered.

"How are you?" He asked.

Savannah looked back up. "Fine."

"That's good." Gibbs replied.

"How about this?" She asked.

"I'm listening." Gibbs replied.

"I have no idea how long we're going to be in here, so why don't we just sit here in silence?" Savannah asked.

Gibbs looked over at her. "Whatever you want."

"Good." Savannah replied. She looked at her watch again, and took a sip of her coffee and realized that Gibbs had just also taken a drink of it. She set it down quickly and looked back at him. He had that same smirk on his face. "What?" She asked.

"Nothing." He said.

"Good." She replied. Savannah started to tap her fingers on the floor of the elevator. Gibbs finally found a comfortable spot on the floor and sat down. "How are you?"

"I thought we weren't talking?"

"I changed my mind." Savannah said.

"Huh. Women do that a lot." Gibbs replied.

"So do men, Agent Gibbs." Savannah answered.

"Well which one of us ended our relationship?" He asked.

Savannah shot him a look. "I did, but that's because making love with you was like having sex with a dead body."

Gibbs eyebrows shot up. "Excuse me?" He asked.

"You heard me." She replied.

"If I seem to remember right, we started dating right after I was shot. I was still recovering." Gibbs said.

"You were not." Savannah replied. "We started dating...." She trailed off, trying to remember. "You know what, I don't remember."

Gibbs chuckled. "I'm right."

She rolled her eyes. "Whatever."

"Yeah, that's right." Gibbs replied.

"Fine, you're right, but still our relationship was lacking." Savannah said.

Gibbs shook his head. "I didn't think it was."

Savannah looked up at him. "Really?"

"Yeah, I thought it was fine. I mean, yeah, I could've been more active in bed, but I was injuired. We started dating right after I was shot by Ari Haswari. You remember him, right?" Gibbs explained.

"I remember him. He broke into our building, took Dr. Mallard, Jerald...and you hostage. He did shot you. I remember now." Savannah replied.

"Yeah, I still have the scar." Gibbs said.

Savannah stared down at the floor. 'Damn.' She thought. "In my defense, I had and still have so much going on, it just wasn't the first thing on my mind. I would like to apologize."

Gibbs thought about it. "Apology accepted. But, that still doesn't mean I'm going to date you again."

"Men." Savannah replied. The light flickered back on. "Oh, thank god." The elevator started to move again, but it suddenly dropped a few feet again. "I think I'm going to be sick."

"Please don't puke in here." Gibbs replied. He started to feel sick just imagining the smell.

Savannah wrapped her hands around her stomach. "I don't feel so good."

Gibbs took her into his shoulder and rubbed her back. "Don't worry. Just take a few deep breaths."

"Not helping." She felt herself gag. "Oh, god." She almost threw up on his shoulder. The feeling went away quickly as it came. "Oh, god."

"Are you all right now?" Gibbs asked.

She looked up and started to back away, but his arms were still around her. "A little."

"That's good." He replied, not loosening his grip.

"Are you going to let go?" She asked.

"Oh, sorry." He replied.

"It's all right." Savannah smiled. She leaned forward and kissed him.

Gibbs kissed her back. "You always taste like fruit."

"It's the lipgloss." Savannah got out between kisses. She wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him back.

Gibbs unbuttoned her blouse. "I forgot how beautiful you are." He ran his hands over her, and pushed her back against the wall of the elevator.

Savannah undid his shirt and belt. "What are we doing?" She asked.

"I think you know." He replied.

"I know, but should we?" She asked.

"Yes." He kissed down her neck.

"But is this going to be just a one time thing or what?" She asked.

"Oh I could definetly do it more than once." Gibbs chuckled, pulling her stockings down.

"That's not what I mean, I could do it more than once too." Savannah replied. "I mean, are we going to be a couple again?"

"Yes." Gibbs said.

Savannah wrapped her legs around his waist. "Great." She kissed his neck, digging her nails into his shoulder.

The elevator started to move again and the door opened. "Um....well.....that's not what I was expecting." Tony DiNozzo replied.

"Me either." McGee said.

Gibbs stopped and looked over his shoulder. Savannah was laughing now. "I think we've been caught." She replied.

"Can you give us some privacy?" He asked.

"Sure. You just finish what you started." Tony replied.

"You better leave now Tony. Before I come out there and kick your ass." Gibbs said.

"I don't think we want to see that image." Tony said, shivering. "Let's go McGee."

"Just forget about him." Savannah replied. "Were where we?" She pushed his chin, so he was looking at her again.

"Right about here." He kissed her shoulder.

"Oh, Gibbs."

Chapter End Notes:
Short story, pretty interesting...thought of it last night...