- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
An undercover assignment goes drastically wrong. Can they save Tony before it is too late?
In Too Deep - Ch 11

"Now Jethro, some poor nurse is going to have to clean that up!" Ducky's voice from behind him caused the NCIS agent to jump and he spun around to face the older man expectantly.

"Well!" He demanded, "How's Tony?"

"They managed to stabilize young Anthony and he is on his way up to surgery as we speak. Why don't we take a seat, Jethro and I will explain his injuries to you." Ducky gently commanded as he grabbed Gibbs' arm and guided him firmly to the chairs waiting for Gibbs to sit before he sat beside him and began. "Anthony's injuries are basically the injuries that we already suspected from the video and pictures that he had suffered – he has a moderate concussion, three broken ribs on the right side- none of which thankfully have punctured his lung, his left arm is severely broken and his left shoulder is dislocated as we suspected. His arm and shoulder are the reason why he has been taken to surgery. I'm afraid that they may need to insert a rod in his arm to facilitate the healing. He has numerous small burns across his chest and back that is indicative with being tortured by a stun gun."

He paused a moment to allow Gibbs to digest the information before he softly continued, "None of these injuries are life threatening, Jethro but what is of a greater concern is the drugs in young Anthony's system. He has high dosages of a derivative of LSD and Angel Dust, which unfortunately will take up to another twelve hours to work their way out of his system. Until his system is cleared of them Anthony will continue to hallucinate and will be unpredictable in his behavior. There is a very real chance Jethro that he may require being restrained after he recovers from the anesthetic until he is no longer under their influence."

Gibbs stared at Ducky in horror, " Restrained, My God Ducky, hasn't Tony been through enough without the medical staff resorting to doing that to him!" Rising from his seat, Gibbs turned towards the older man, "I'm sorry Ducky but there is no way I will allow Tony to be restrained! I will sit with him myself and keep him calm for the next twenty-four hours if that will prevent it from happening! Tony has been through ENOUGH!"

"Jethro, no body here wants to retrain young Anthony any more than you want to see him restrained but no one wants to see him injure himself or anybody else and THAT is a very real possibility while he is under the influence of these drugs!" Ducky explained softly, rising to his own feet and gently grabbing Gibbs' arm, forcing the irate NCIS Agent to listen. "But I'm willing to speak to the doctors treating Anthony and discussing the possibility of you staying with Anthony to try and keep him calm. I'm afraid though Jethro, if Anthony becomes agitated than we will have no choice but to restrain him physically. With the drugs already in his system, the doctors are going to be very reluctant to add anymore to sedate him."

"Thanks Ducky." Gibbs whispered, "Any idea how long DiNozzo will be in surgery?"

Slowly removing his glasses, Ducky sighed quietly, "Maybe two or three hours, Jethro. Anthony's arm is severely broken and it is going to take them a while to make the necessary repairs. They also need to repair his shoulder and check for any damage to the ligaments. We could be in for a bit of a wait I'm afraid."

Nodding at the M.E.'s prediction of how long the wait would be, Gibbs turned and began to walk towards the coffee machine, "I'm getting a coffee, want one Duck?" He called over his shoulder.