- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
An Undercover assignment goes drastically wrong. Can they get Tony out before it is too late?
In Too Deep Ch 6

Dropping the phone noisily to the desk, Gibbs turned expectantly at McGee who was hunched in front of his computer desperately tapping the keyboard. The younger agent finally looked up and triumphantly announced. "Got it, Boss! Old warehouse district, just entering in the GPS coordinates now!"


"Kate, call Ducky, have him meet us at the truck. Tell Abby I want her to continue to monitor any calls that might received from Tony's phone. If they move I want to know about it. McGee, gas the truck!" Gibbs commanded as threw the keys across to the young agent and then holstered his gun.


In one fluid motion, McGee caught the keys as they flew towards him and quickly left. Gibbs turned back to his desk, snapping up his phone and placing it into his pocket before reaching for his gun and holstering it.


Kate quickly finished the calls and hung up as she followed Gibbs' hurried departure towards the elevator "Ducky's on his way!" She quietly informed the lead agent, "He'll arrange for an ambulance to be dispatched as soon as we are rolling!"


Nodding Gibbs stepped into the elevator, his face carefully masking the emotions of fear and anger that were rippling under the surface. The undercover job had soured with Tony being taken right under their noses. The kidnappers had somehow managed to finger Tony as an agent and now were having fun trying to make this into some sick game of hide and seek. His hands tightened into hard fists as he the sounds of Tony pain filled screams echoed through his mind. If these lowlifes thought they could get away…


Gibbs growled under his breath, ignoring the covert glance that Kate threw silently his way. He was uncertain of what condition Tony would be in when they reached the warehouse but he was determined that they would get Tony out alive. He had never lost an agent before under his command and he was not going to let Dinozzo screw that up now!


NCISNCISNCIS


Watching as NCIS agents and the local police surrounded the warehouse, Gibbs carefully fastened the bullet proof vest and checked to ensure his gun was fully loaded. He waited impatiently as each small team radio that they had all moved into position before he finally gave the word to move in. The surprise entrance into the building was swift and efficient, giving anyone inside little warning of what was happening.


The agents and officers moved quickly through the building, finding each room empty before all met up in the large empty room that dominated the building. The warehouse was completely deserted. The only evidence of anyone using it recently was a litter littered table, a small stained mattress in the corner and a chair surrounded by blood stained ropes and an empty used syringe in the small room adjoining it.


Moving to the table, Gibbs stared down at the small transceiver that Tony had been wearing when he was snatched. The small piece of equipment rested on a handwritten note. What appeared to be a small memory card lie discarded beside it. Gently picking up the two electronic items with his gloved hand, Gibbs placed them into an evidence bag.

He squinted at the note beneath as Ducky stepped over and began to read the message softly over his shoulder.


Too Late,
You have to be quicker next time!

We thought you might want some photos so you can see how much fun your boy is having although he doesn't seem to like needles much but that will change as the game goes on!


Okay, time to play some more! Tag your it, come and find us if you can!


"Oh my!" Ducky murmured as Gibbs angrily shoved the note into the small plastic evidence bag.


"We'll find them!" Gibbs growled quietly to Ducky his hand tightening around the bag holding the note, "Tony knows we are coming for him! I'm not going to let him down!" He turned away abruptly, ordering Kate to take photos and for McGee to bag and tag any evidence found in the warehouse, including the syringe and to get it back to Abby.


Ducky watched silently. He had known Jethro for a good many years, the ex-gunny was ready to explode and he would hate to be in the kidnappers shoes when Gibbs finally caught up with them. Ducky had no doubts that Gibbs would track them down, he preyed that it would be in time to save young Anthony!


NCISNCISNCIS

"Wakey, wakey!" The voice filtered through the darkness and Tony rolled away hoping that if he ignored it long enough it would leave him alone. The small movement ignited a wave of white- hot pain that seemed to radiate through his chest before spreading to every nerve in his body. He cried out in agony, curling onto his side into a tight ball, his face buried into the rough woolen material beneath him as tears flowed freely down his face. He took several small breathes in an attempt to control the pain as he desperately tried to remember what had happened. Instinct told him he was no longer in the room that he last remembered being in and small snippets of memory intermingled with frightening creatures reminded him of the sensation of being driven somewhere else.


An evil laughter echoed through his head and he felt himself rolled back over onto his back, his arms that were tied tightly behind his back, screaming in new pain as his weight trapped them beneath him. Slowly opening his eyes, he blinked several times in an attempt to bring the face above him into focus. His breath caught in his throat as he recognized his tormentor and his last memories of the needle being injected into his arm causing his world to transform into a terrifying world of monsters.


Harding grinned as he saw the flicker of fear cross the cop's face before it was replaced by a look of defiance. "Scared, hey?" He whispered triumphantly, "Well you should be. The fun is just starting!"


"Go to Hell!" Tony muttered through swollen lips. He was rewarded as Harding hit him in the mouth with a closed fist.


"Oh, I won't go to Hell just yet but you are about to have another visit!" He laughed as he picked up a syringe that had been out of Tony's line of vision. He turned momentarily to someone in the shadows and demanded, "Start recording!" before he turned back to his victim.

Grabbing the young NCIS agent as Tony tried desperately to pull away. He quickly pulled Tony's arm free from beneath him, ignoring Tony's scream of pain as his other shoulder screamed in protest at being pulled into such an unnatural angel and the weight that was now pinning it painfully to the floor. The sudden agony that tore through the pinned shoulder as it dislocated under the strain, faded into the background as Tony felt the needle plunge deep into his arm and the warmth of the drug as it began to flow up the vein in his arm. "Oh God Gibbs, help me!" He cried out as the world faded around him and the face of a monster wavered in and out of his vision. He struggled desperately to loosen his bonds but the monster swooped forward till the only thing he could see were its teeth descending towards his throat. "Gibbs!" The scream reverberated around the room as Hardings' laughter intermingled with it.