- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
In this crossover with Numb3rs, Alan and Abby form an online friendship.

Chapters 16-17(aka Part 5): Abby gets Alan to try a new thing or two as her visit to L.A continues on. Charlie, of course is there for the ride!
"I had this dream about House..." Abby continued during the commercials

"Abby..."

"Not that kinda dream...!"Abby rolled her eyes. "At that time anyway."

Alan sighed.

"See, Gibbs brings him into interrogation because a patient, who was a marine, died."

"Okay..." Alan encouraged her.

"They get into this huge pissing contest.Gibbs calls House a quack..." Abby continued "Then my alarm rang and I woke up."

The commercials ended and the show continued.

"Do you have any popcorn?" Abby asked

"yeah " Alan got up. "I'll make some for you" He prided himself on being a good host.

"Thanks!"

"Would you two like some popcorn?" He asked Larry and Charlie, who were in the dining room, on his way to the kitchen.

"No we're fine" Charlie said.

Before she knew it, Alan handed her a bowl of popcorn. After the show, Abby channel surfed.

"Your making me dizzy" he told her.

"There's nothing good to watch" Abby complained.

Sometime later, she left for her hotel and Alan called Edna as he did the night before. Abby was not mentioned. Alan knew Edna was stressed out about her sister.

99999999999999

Abby joined Charlie and Alan for Breakfast.

"What's cooking?" she asked as she came in.

"Pancakes" Charlie told her while setting the table.

When Alan had made a good amount of Pancakes, he served them in a large platter.

"What would you like to do today?" he asked Abby, then added, tongue in cheek."What about the beach?We all know how you love to sunbath."

Charlie chuckled.

"Oh wait! I've been meaning to give you something!" Abby said and ran to her rental car. Then, she came back with a gift bag, giving it to Alan.

"Abby! You shouldn't have!" Alan opened it and saw that she had gotten him a cap and a t-shirt that said NCIS. "Thanks!"

"Put on the shirt and cap!" she suggested.

"Okay." Alan went to go change his shirt. Soon he returned."The shirt fits perfectly!"

"The cap suits you" Abby told him. "Now let's go rollarblade!"

"Rollarblade?" Alan repeated.

"I got you a pair yesterday in the morning" Abby told him. "You're an eight and a half wide, right?"

"Yeah." Alan said in surprise. "How did you..."

"I've got my ways" Abby smiled. "If you don't know how, I'll show you"

"Why don't I join you two?" Charlie's grin stretched across his face.

"Don't you um...have classes to teach?" Alan said sheepishly. He didn't want to try it, but Abby had bought him the skates and the last thing he wanted was for Charlie to be a spectator.

"I'll just call my T.A" Charlie said. He would not miss Alan's lesson for the world. "Give me a sec"

Soon, everyone was in the Alan's car.

"Why don't we uh...go to Santa Monica?" Alan suggested lamely. He knew that Abby had bought the skates out of spontaneity. Besides, Art had raved about the sport and Alan had done some rollar skating back in the day.

Abby, who sat in front, turned on the radio and increased the volume when she heard her favorite kind of music. Alan lowered it.

"Hey!" Abby complained, then moaned to Charlie "We should've brought your bike, man!"

"You're right!" Charlie sighed as he knew that one person could have biked, while the other allowed themselves to be pulled by the bicycle.

Once in Santa Monica, it took a while to find parking. Then, they got out of the car to put on the gear and skates. At first, Alan hung on to the car for dear life.

"Why don't you hold on to me and Charlie?" Abby suggested.

"I'll try" Awkardly, he balanced himself using the two of them. He now knew what a toddler felt like. Abby gave Charlie a look to be sharp. She knew that , broken bones were a more serious problem for people Alan's age. Charlie and Abby then gave Alan some tips and lead him around.

"Isn't that your father?" a young agent,named Linda,asked Don a few feet away.She had seen Alan during some of his many visits up to the office. The trio hadn't noticed them with Alan struggling to keep his balance while Abby and Charlie worried about preventing a fall.

"Yeah..." Don said with mixed feelings. He was partly amused at the sight of his father trying to rollarblade, but despite the fact that Abby's story had checked out, he still didn't like her. Soon, Don saw Abby wave at him. Suddenly, Alan tripped and fell.


TBC
Chapter End Notes:
I've got lots of chapters in this story, so I'll put a bunch at a time together.
Also, for most of the story, they are chatting online.