- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
In this crossover with Numb3rs, Alan Eppes and Abby become online friends.

In part 7(Chapters 25-29), The two friends go to Vegas, only to run into someone familiar, who gets the wrong idea. Will this ruin their trip?
"Actually, there's something Alan hasn't told you." Abby said in her most serious tone.

"Really?" Greg asked.

Phil thought "A-ha! I knew there was something to this!"

"The real reason Alan and I are here is to celebrate.He's coming to Maryland to live with me and we're gonna adopt a Cambodian baby."

Both men choked on their drinks.

"We're just kidding!"Alan said with a snicker.

"Are you sure?" Greg asked.

"Of course!" Alan told him.

"You almost gave me a heart attack!" Phil complained.

Abby grinned mischievously.

99999

After the food was eaten and paid for, Phil took Alan aside.

"What the hell is going on?" he demanded.

"Abby's just a friend!" Alan said in exasperation. "You know me better than that!." He felt a sense of déjà vu

"That's not what I saw!"

"Then you've been watching a few too many lifetime movies!" Alan retorted."I'm not one of those men who needs a younger woman"

"But you want her!" Phil snapped. For him, this was rather believable, as recently,one of his other brothers had gotten a much younger mail order bride from the Ukraine about two years after becoming a widower, to everyone's surprise. He wanted to stop Alan from making a huge mistake such as ruining things with Edna.

"Just because that brother of yours got himself a twenty year old..." Alan shook his head.

"Then why did she come when Edna was outta town? Tell me that!"

"Stop acting like an ass, and maybe we'll talk!" Alan snorted and went to the car, where Abby waited for him.

Phil made a sign of talking on the phone. "Hello Pot? This is the Kettle. ..."

9999999999999999

"Let's go rent a movie!" Abby suggested.

"Sure" Alan assented. "I'm really sorry about Phil's behavior"

"I don't blame you" Abby said.

At the Blockbuster's each choose a movie. Abby choose the aforementioned film, Girl ona Bridge, while Alan picked, The Big Sleep,which is a film noir movie about a private eye, that starred Humprey Bogart and Lauren Becall. Thankfully, Abby liked it as well. The rest of the evening was spent in a double feature. Abby thought that it would be funer to watch both movies in one night.


During the first film, Girl on a Bridge, Charlie joined them and even started to talk about the physics behind knife throwing.

"Charlie!" Abby groaned.. "Alan! Make him stop!"

"Let our us enjoy the movie, Charlie." Alan scolded his younger son.

"You relying on subtitles anyway..." the mathematician argued. "So it's not like you need to hear it!"

"Charlie, our guest wants quiet"

"That piano scene rocks !" Abby blurted after a bit. She refered to a part of the movie, where the knife thrower's assistant has sex with someone on a piano, in an awkward postion.

Sometime later, the scene that Abby had told Alan about in the Mexican restaurant came up.

"Here it comes!" Abby squealed.

"Ah!" Charlie exclaimed with a cringe as knife thrower made the first throw in the old train car.

"Goodness!" Alan said after the third throw. The two Eppes men found the scene to be as erotic as watching someone go into a cage full of snakes.

"How could you guys not find that erotic?" Abby shook her head.

After the second movie, The Big Sleep, she returned to her hotel room.

8888888

Abby rang the doorbell at around five in the morning. Fearing that it was someone coming to tell him that Don was injured, or worse, Alan felt as if his heart were leaping into his mouth.

He opened the door only to see Abby, and he began to scold her "Do you know what time it is? You scared me! I thought something had happened to Don!"

"I thought we could take a road trip!"

"Where?"

" Vegas" Abby said with a shrug. "I came now so we could make it a one day thing."

Alan thought about it. It wasn'tgoing tobe an overnight trip and figured that it would be nice to show Abby vegas. It might be her kind of town. "Sure"

"I'll drive!"

After a quick breakfast and some coffee, Alan left a note on the refrigerator and they went in Abby's car.

Before they went on their way officially, Alan had Abby take him to the nearest ATM machine.

"We should've invited Charlie!" Abby sighed one hour into the drive. She just thought of it."He could have done the rain man thing!"

Alan just gave her a look.

They arrived in Vegas in time for lunch.

"Where do you wanna eat?" Abby asked as they drove around the strip. She loved the vibe she got.

"Anywhere is fine." Alan shrugged.

After a delicious buffet at the Bellagio Hotel and Casino, the Abby dragged Alan to an adult toy store.

"Don't they have this kinda stuff in Maryland?" Alan sighed as a couple of middle aged women, who assumed that he and Abby were a couple,gave him dirty looks.

"Not like this!" Abby pointed to a Vegas themed adult board game. "You should get something for you and Edna"

"Uh...it's okay" Alan said politly.

"Do you think that your co-husband would like this?" Abby asked loud enough for the aforementioned women to hear when they were nearby again. She had sensed their dirty looks.

After they got out of the store, the two spent some money on slot machines. They sat next to each other.

After some time in the slots, Abby wanted to enter a Karoake contest with Alan in a bar next to the fivedollar slots section.

"I'm not much of a singer" he told her.

"It'll be fun!" she argued.

"Fine" he said after she badgered him some more. The machine randomly choose for them to sing the song "Sweet Caroline". Among the audience stood David,with his girlfriend, Nina. They both got time off from their jobs to take a getaway trip to Vegas.

"Oh my god!" he exclaimed and did a spit take with his beer when the two went up on the ministage.

"What?"

"That's my boss' dad!" David told her"With some woman he met on the internet.."

"You're putting me on!" Nina couldn't believe it. She found it hard enough to believe that a goth and a much older man were singing together.

"I'm serious!"

When they finished, and got off stage, to Alan's relief, they decided to have a drink. On their way to sit at a table,they saw David and his girlfriend.

"David?"

"Mr. Eppes! How are you?" David asked.

"Great! Uh..." Alan worried that like Phil and Art, David would get the wrong idea and he was right.

"It's good to see you again!" Abby shook David's hand.

"Let me introduce you to Nina" David introduced them. "Nina, this is Alan Eppes and Abby.

The woman shook hands with the two friends and David invited Abby and Alan to join them.

"How long are you guys are in Vegas?" David asked them.

"Just for today" Alan said quickly.

"Did you guys drive here?" Nina asked.

"We started our trip around like six in the morning" Abby said.

"Oh."

"What have you guys been up to?" David asked.

"We had lunch at the Bellagio, went to an adult toy store," she began to Alan's chagrin. "We played with the slot machines for a while, then entered the Kaoroke contest"

David took a large sip of his beer.

Given the look on Alan's face upon seeing the couple, and how he responded to the question regarding the length of his and Abby's stay, David could not help but think that maybe they might elope.

"So do you guys have anything planned?" David asked in an offhand manner.

"We were thinking about doing some shopping" Abby told them.

"Perhaps we could join you?" David offered. He wanted to stay close to Alan.

"Sure!" Abby happily accepted.

Nina didn't object fort hree reasons: Alan was the father of David's boss ,the couple was staying there a week, and she rather liked to shop.

"Could you guys excuse me for sec?" David said as he got up and discretly went somewhere to call Don on his cell.

"Eppes?" Don answered his phone.

"Don, it's me!" David said. "There's been some developments"

"You saw Franks?" Don referred to a missings suspect in an extortion case. "Did you call the Vegas field office?"

"It's nothing to do with work" David assured him. "It's about your dad."

"What?"

"He's here with that woman he met on the internet"

TBC
Chapter End Notes:
I've got lots of chapters in this story, so I'll put a bunch at a time together.