- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
In this second part, Monk and Natalie go to the NCIS offices to try to get Gibbs' help.
Soon, McGee introduced himself.

"I'm Agent Timothy McGee, and I work with Gibbs" the young agent knew not to shake Monk's hand. "I've..uh...read about your work. I was impressed at how you were able to prove that a man in a coma sent mail bombs"

"Thank you" Adrian brushed some lint off McGee's right sleeve.

"May I ask, why you need to see Gibbs?"

"We believe that the murder of a San Fransico businessman is related to the death of a friend of his." Monk explained

"His friend's accident was staged" Natalie added

"And you told him this?" McGee asked in disbelief.

"We tried to" Adrian shook his head. "We went to see him at his house."

McGee's eyes widened.

"Maybe you could get him to see us?" Natalie suggested.

"Well..uh..." McGee doubted his chances of success in that endeavor.

"Please, it's very important!" the assistant exclaimed.

"Well..uh.. he's not going to listen to me"

"Who will he listen to?" Natalie asked.

"No one"

"Sounds like someone I know" the assistant sighed.

Agent David told the duo as she suddenly appeared."Gibbs has told me to tell you, that no matter how long you stay, he won't be seeing you"

"You're from Israel, aren't you?" Monk asked. He had a good ear for accents.

"Yeah, why?"

"Just asking" the private investigator said, as he tried to straighten her badge.

"What are you doing?" she stopped him by grabbing his arm. Years at MOSSAD had taught her to be paranoid.

"Your badge was crooked." Monk said gingerly. He didn't like to be touched. Thankfully for him, she let go, and he said "Wipe!"

Natalie gave one to him, and the P.I frantically wiped his hand. David crossed her arms and gave him a look.

"He has OCD" McGee explained.

"What is that exactly?"

"It's short for obsessive compulsive disorder. People who suffer from it have this little rituals, and a compulsion to have everything a certain way. His need to straighten your badge is an example of that. Adrian Monk also has germ phobia. That's why he asked for a wipe after you grabbed his arm."

"I see..." David said, and realized why Gibbs did not want to meet with the man.

Natalie again explained why she and Monk needed to see Gibbs.

"So you think that a friend of his was kiilled by the same person as a businessman in San Fransico?" David asked in disbelief.

"Yeah" Monk nodded. "The accident that his friend died from was staged."

"How was it staged?" As an assasin,Agent Davidknew a little bit about staging accidents.

Before Monk could answer her, Tony came and told McGee and David that Gibbs wanted them to return to work.

TBC
Chapter End Notes:
I'll post one to two chapters at a time.